Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Colombia
Taking place between Mexico and China is the stunning Colombia, featuring a covered market in a remote mountain mining village. As you walk through the market, the smell of exotic fruit soars through the air, and the amazon rainforest is present with simulated rain over the glass canopy. The attraction will be state of the art for the time, and will be a cable car that goes through coffee farms, up a mountain and through an emerald mine, showcasing what Colombia is famous for; this eticket attraction will anchor the pavilion gracefully. The market will have carts that serve chicharrón, arepas, empanadas, quesillos, yuca frita, arroz con coco; and will in the winter serve sancocho (a soup) and in the summer fruits; a sit-down restaurant will serve Bandeja Paisa, seafood, and other local delicacies. The Market (called Mercado de Dios), sit-down restaurant (called Casa Quemada), the ride (called Expedición Colombia), the mountain backdrop (based off of an Andes mountain in Colombia), the music, the street performer entertainment, and atmosphere will keep the Colombian Pavilion in World Showcase true to the culture of Colombia.
DSC_70411..jpeg

(the walkway will obviously be wider than the photo)

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 7.24.53 PM.png
Located between China and Germany, this pavilion would bring a new continent (besides Europe, North America, and Asia) to the world showcase and fill a large hole between pavilions— I mean, what else could we put there, an African outpost? The pavilion would feature one street, pyramids created with forced perspective, and a boat ride (similar to Pirates of the Caribbean), based on ancient mythology, featuring the Egyptian gods and pharaohs one meets during a fantasized version of an average trip from the Nile to the underworld. The journey is narrated by a live person acting as the human form of the god of funerals, Anubis, who tells accurate, yet witty comments about Egyptian mythology. There is also a counter-service marketplace serving meals with fresh produce such as vegetables, fish, and lamb.
Alberto-Pasini-rue-Caire.jpg

The Excavator

Thailand
4237004-thailand.jpg

In between France and Japan will be Thailand, a sprawling, beautiful vista into this diverse nation. On the waterfront will be detailed Thailand temples along the shoreline, with a cafe and walk through informative paths throughout, teaching the guests about the nation's culture and beliefs. The main attraction of Thailand will be a zipline mini-roller coaster through the lush forests of the land. It will be kept behind a massive town center so the coaster track is blocked and the illusion of ziplining through the forest is not taken away. There will be stores and streetmosphere in the town center to treat guests to the styles of Thailand.

tcool123

Original Poster
Sealand

Sealand.jpg

Guests visiting the World Showcase will be greeted by the first new country added, the mighty nation of Sealand! This brand new pavilion will be built to a 1:1 scale, yes the only pavilion that is the size of its actual country. Here guests will be able to dine on the cuisine prepared for the royal family themselves. The fun doesn't end there, located in either column of the base guests will be able to watch a Circlevision show based on the history and culture of this mighty nation, or guests can exchange their currency for Sealand coins!

Flash forward to 2007, and Bob Iger purchases the mighty nation for 906 million dollars; it is expected that the nation will be a Disney Cruise Line exclusive destination.​

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I'm aware - will try to get to it tonight, kicking some ideas around.

Spent the last couple of days out of commission - went to physical therapy for something wrong in my neck/shoulder, and the woman decided to stretch my hamstrings by putting all of her weight on one of my legs - which, naturally, wrecked my old back injury LOL. Been on heavy meds ever since...so maybe you'll see a psychedelic Disney country tonight LOL.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm aware - will try to get to it tonight, kicking some ideas around.

Spent the last couple of days out of commission - went to physical therapy for something wrong in my neck/shoulder, and the woman decided to stretch my hamstrings by putting all of her weight on one of my legs - which, naturally, wrecked my old back injury LOL. Been on heavy meds ever since...so maybe you'll see a psychedelic Disney country tonight LOL.
If you'd like I'd be more than happy to push it to tomorrow!

The only reason I figured tonight was because tomorrow's Labor Day and I didn't want to have anyone worried about this:p But just let me know - hope you feel better!:)

DlpPhantom

:hilarious:
Sealand

Sealand.jpg

Guests visiting the World Showcase will be greeted by the first new country added, the mighty nation of Sealand! This brand new pavilion will be built to a 1:1 scale, yes the only pavilion that is the size of its actual country. Here guests will be able to dine on the cuisine prepared for the royal family themselves. The fun doesn't end there, located in either column of the base guests will be able to watch a Circlevision show based on the history and culture of this mighty nation, or guests can exchange their currency for Sealand coins!

Flash forward to 2007, and Bob Iger purchases the mighty nation for 906 million dollars; it is expected that the nation will be a Disney Cruise Line exclusive destination.​
:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom