Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

FigmentPigments

Scotland
scot-pipers.doc.jpg

Located between the international gateway and the United Kingdom (very appropriate ;)) is the country of Scotland, best represented by Edinburgh Castle where guests will cross the footbridge of Eilean Donan to enter the impressive structure. After entering the courtyard, guests are greeted by cultural representitives dressed in native tartans ready to give directions to two dining options, three entertainment options, several gift shops, and great spots to watch the Great Highland Bagpipe processional that occurs several times daily. The main attraction is Mysteries of the Highlands, an E ticket ride through the greatest myths and legends of Scotland featuring Loch Ness, Kelpies, the Callanish Standing Stones, Cuchulainn, the Hound of Ulter, and even some of the Arthurian legends. Alternatively guests can wander the shops dedicated to golf, soccer, and other Gaelic souvenirs or take in two separate show featuring Scottish Highland Dancing or the Scottish Highland Games (where two teams battle it out in feats of strength or skill with a comedic twist). The two dining option will offer guests a taste of traditional Scottish foods like Neeps and Tatties, Smoked Salmon, and Cullen Skink set in the background of the beautiful Scottish Highlands and Lochs.

Daveeeeed

Sealand

Sealand.jpg

Guests visiting the World Showcase will be greeted by the first new country added, the mighty nation of Sealand! This brand new pavilion will be built to a 1:1 scale, yes the only pavilion that is the size of its actual country. Here guests will be able to dine on the cuisine prepared for the royal family themselves. The fun doesn't end there, located in either column of the base guests will be able to watch a Circlevision show based on the history and culture of this mighty nation, or guests can exchange their currency for Sealand coins!

Flash forward to 2007, and Bob Iger purchases the mighty nation for 906 million dollars; it is expected that the nation will be a Disney Cruise Line exclusive destination.​
:jawdrop: Like wow, the single most creative. Wow I have no words, and I can't stop laughing:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D

:hilarious:

Disney Dad 3000

Argentina
View media item 1768
Giving the World Showcase a much needed South American flair at opening, Argentina will be your one stop shop for food, fun and and a true Argentian experience. With the backdrop of Buenos Aires' beautiful teatro colon as its focal point, you'll wander through cobblestone side streets filled with market goodies, eclectic shopping, and a few surprise tango performances. For those looking to get their meat fill, Gran parrilla del plata will provide you with some of the finest meats you could want, Argentina style. While not as big as the real thing, the teatro will be a beautiful indoor theater for guests to enjoy tango, gaucho and other dance performances straight from the locales themselves and watch out as you may be joining the show.

spacemt354

Chili's
Argentina
View media item 1768
Giving the World Showcase a much needed South American flair at opening, Argentina will be your one stop shop for food, fun and and a true Argentian experience. With the backdrop of Buenos Aires' beautiful teatro colon as its focal point, you'll wander through cobblestone side streets filled with market goodies, eclectic shopping, and a few surprise tango performances. For those looking to get their meat fill, Gran parrilla del plata will provide you with some of the finest meats you could want, Argentina style. While not as big as the real thing, the teatro will be a beautiful indoor theater for guests to enjoy tango, gaucho and other dance performances straight from the locales themselves and watch out as you may be joining the show.
Nice submission!

Maybe it's just me - but I can't see the image. You may have it on private in your album, that may be why, but just wanted to let you know

tcool123

Original Poster
:jawdrop: Like wow, the single most creative. Wow I have no words, and I can't stop laughing:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D

:hilarious:
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I CAN'T STOP... SEALAND:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
What's so funny :bored:

The entire nation caught fire once, and they had to evacuate the whole entire population of 1! (at the time, it is now at around 27 people)

And to further prove how great it is Sealand won silver medals at the World Cup of Kung Fu. Also how many nations can bring about having there flag on the peak of Mt Everest.

So yeah this 6 acre big country is kind of a big deal :cool:

spacemt354

Chili's
First up for reviews!

Greece:
Large stone pillars, mountains, ancient temples and hillside villages beckon guests to EPCOT's newest country pavilion, nestled between Germany and Italy, Greece. A large quick service and table service dining complex offering authentic Greek dishes and tapas is inside of a building on the right side of the courtyard themed to the Parthenon, outside of which atmospheric entertainment can be found. On the left side, curving around towards the back, is a large hillside dotted with white houses, which form a large shopping store on the left, as well as serving as the main entrance and exit of World Showcase's newest attraction "The Wrath of the Gods" in the center, with a forced perspective amount Olympus on top. This state of the art attraction uses a ride system near identical to Horizons, with additional Chariot theming, that will take guests on a journey up to Mount Olympus where you will be caught in the crossfires of a battle between Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon as they fight for control of Mount Olympus. Large pyrotechnic effects, a highly themed queue, and some of the most impressive animatronics of the time, help to create an incredible experience in this one of a kind attraction. Greece is sure to become a must do pavilion in EPCOT's World Showcase, with its high quality dining and shopping opportunities, amazing experiences, and brilliant atmosphere.
Kudos for getting it in first!

I love the choice for Greece as a country in World Showcase - I really think it offers a seaside type, ancient style that WS is missing. The themes and design are fantastic and something that would definitely add to the World Showcase promenade. I think the dining and entertainment options are great. The one thing I do question is whether or not there is enough room for a Horizons size attraction in that country slot. It might be a bit too large for the plot (it might go better in the once Equatorial Africa location) due to the space, but overall an awesome start to the countries!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Netherlands:
Tucked between United Kingdom and Canada (occupying the area of the event pavilion), guests can stroll down the the streets of Amsterdam and experience rich Dutch culture. Utilizing the space behind United Kingdom, the pavilion will have a "river" running straight through the pavilion into a large tunnel used for the boat ride with multiple bridges allowing access to both sides. The right side (looking in from the lagoon) will be a row of buildings that wrap around to the other side containing the river while the left side will stop to create a side street giving access to a loop of similarly tall Dutch buildings. The main attraction will be the Tour of The Netherlands Boat Cruise where guests will take a tour of the country in special boats with large screen "windows" that allow a 360 degree view. A two story restaurant will over look the river serving Dutch classics with the upper floor being table service, and the ground floor being quick service, while the loop street will have stores selling Dutch items.View attachment 159020
This one was a win for me - brilliant choice going with the Netherlands, and nice location in-between the UK and Canada. I love the inventive idea of having a two story restaurant, with a quick service and table service on two different floors! That's a really neat way of handling it, and gives guests a nice 2nd floor view of the nation and World Showcase. I'm a huge fan of World Showcase boat rides, and I think a Netherlands boat ride would thematically fit very well. I like it so much that I'd rather see something like the Mexico boat ride or Norway. The use of screen windows was an interesting choice, however a more natural boat ride I think could work even better!

Overall, an inspired choice and great work!

spacemt354

Chili's
India

Situated between Mexico and soon-to-be built Norway, a World Showcase-scaled replica of the Taj Mahal façade looms ahead, just past tranquil reflecting pools and lush lotus gardens. After entering the pavilion through an ivory-white marble archway, the aroma of curry from the spice shop draws guests to sample the culture of the world’s second most populace country, as they wander through an Indian bazaar featuring etched brass, an assortment of colorful fabrics, traditional garb, and hand-crafted rugs and tapestries. Overlooking the bazaar, beneath a twinkling night sky, is Lotus House featuring cuisine from the various regions, including tikka masala, curried chicken, chickpea salad, boti kabob, and shrimp tandoori. At the rear of the pavilion is Indian Adventure, where guests board Magic Carpets for a whimsical look at India’s most famous tourist destinations, such as Kanha National Park, Harmandir Sahib, and Virupaksha Temple, as they fly over a combination of miniatures and video screens (Peter Pan’s Flight meets If You Had Wings). The fabulous cuisine, coupled with its rich cultural heritage, makes India a worthy addition to EPCOT Center’s World Showcase.
taj.jpg
Another consistently solid effort!

India (a nation with basically 1/7th the world's population) would be an awesome addition to World Showcase.

I also think you blended culture and cuisine very well (as did a lot of people) but I think this one did it exceptionally well. There's a rich history of India (especially religions) and I think you gave it a mark in World Showcase to..."showcase" that history.

Also I just think the Taj Mahal would look amazing on World Showcase. And the subtle, yet inspired attraction is another great addition. Not too much negative to say about this - all around good job!

spacemt354

Chili's
Colombia
Taking place between Mexico and China is the stunning Colombia, featuring a covered market in a remote mountain mining village. As you walk through the market, the smell of exotic fruit soars through the air, and the amazon rainforest is present with simulated rain over the glass canopy. The attraction will be state of the art for the time, and will be a cable car that goes through coffee farms, up a mountain and through an emerald mine, showcasing what Colombia is famous for; this eticket attraction will anchor the pavilion gracefully. The market will have carts that serve chicharrón, arepas, empanadas, quesillos, yuca frita, arroz con coco; and will in the winter serve sancocho (a soup) and in the summer fruits; a sit-down restaurant will serve Bandeja Paisa, seafood, and other local delicacies. The Market (called Mercado de Dios), sit-down restaurant (called Casa Quemada), the ride (called Expedición Colombia), the mountain backdrop (based off of an Andes mountain in Colombia), the music, the street performer entertainment, and atmosphere will keep the Colombian Pavilion in World Showcase true to the culture of Colombia.
View attachment 159121
(the walkway will obviously be wider than the photo)
Love the custom image there - nice effort in showing how the design will be!

Colombia is a choice (much like Disney Dad's option that gives World Showcase something it really doesn't have) a lush setting with greenery. The only location that really feels like it takes you out of World Showcase to me would be the Japan gardens, but something like this would give you a whole different vibe and make the showcase more varied.

Nevertheless, it's described very well, I like the inclusion of a marketplace as well. My one fear with mountains has always been that they will dwarf everything else around it in World Showcase.

I think the tallest component of WS is Italy St. Marks Square - which is 83 ft or something. Unless the mountain is around that size, I just fear that it will dwarf the surrounding areas and nations...but nevertheless love the pick - keep up the great work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Located between China and Germany, this pavilion would bring a new continent (besides Europe, North America, and Asia) to the world showcase and fill a large hole between pavilions— I mean, what else could we put there, an African outpost? The pavilion would feature one street, pyramids created with forced perspective, and a boat ride (similar to Pirates of the Caribbean), based on ancient mythology, featuring the Egyptian gods and pharaohs one meets during a fantasized version of an average trip from the Nile to the underworld. The journey is narrated by a live person acting as the human form of the god of funerals, Anubis, who tells accurate, yet witty comments about Egyptian mythology. There is also a counter-service marketplace serving meals with fresh produce such as vegetables, fish, and lamb.
Egypt! Nice choice!

Like the location between China and Germany (as that really offers a ton of space) I also like the satire humor...very good - African Outpost:p

Again I like the idea of the boat ride in World Showcase, heck I wish there was a boat ride for every country:bookworm:...though the god of funerals threw me a little haha. I probably would stick to just the Nile rather than travel to the underworld, though this is 1982 Disney which had Toad and soon to be Alien Encounter, so I guess it is on point for the time period. Overall, nice work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Thailand
4237004-thailand.jpg

In between France and Japan will be Thailand, a sprawling, beautiful vista into this diverse nation. On the waterfront will be detailed Thailand temples along the shoreline, with a cafe and walk through informative paths throughout, teaching the guests about the nation's culture and beliefs. The main attraction of Thailand will be a zipline mini-roller coaster through the lush forests of the land. It will be kept behind a massive town center so the coaster track is blocked and the illusion of ziplining through the forest is not taken away. There will be stores and streetmosphere in the town center to treat guests to the styles of Thailand.
A nice choice here as well!

Interesting putting it in between France and Japan in the Morocco slot - have not seen that one yet, so good job with that!

I love the zip-line mini-coaster! I probably would have liked to read more about the other offerings of the park, but I really enjoyed the picture above, as I could see something like that on the World Showcase promenade.

Attraction was great, nice choice of the nation, so much so I'd like to see more!

spacemt354

Chili's
Spain
View attachment 159190
The opening day pavilion includes a Spanish restaurant and a bull fighter show being the main attraction of the pavilion. It is located right next to Germany. Sponsored by Loewe. The pavilion would be based on the city of Madrid.
Spain is a nice choice as well - and I think next to Germany would be a great transition from Western Europe and heading east or vice versa depending on where you're walking from.

I like how it's based in Madrid too - I think the architecture could be very creative and provide a neat exterior and interior to all of the areas!

spacemt354

Chili's
Sealand

Sealand.jpg

Guests visiting the World Showcase will be greeted by the first new country added, the mighty nation of Sealand! This brand new pavilion will be built to a 1:1 scale, yes the only pavilion that is the size of its actual country. Here guests will be able to dine on the cuisine prepared for the royal family themselves. The fun doesn't end there, located in either column of the base guests will be able to watch a Circlevision show based on the history and culture of this mighty nation, or guests can exchange their currency for Sealand coins!

Flash forward to 2007, and Bob Iger purchases the mighty nation for 906 million dollars; it is expected that the nation will be a Disney Cruise Line exclusive destination.​
Well...I have no words for this one

Honorable Mention for most unique country ever :hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
Scotland
scot-pipers.doc.jpg

Located between the international gateway and the United Kingdom (very appropriate ;)) is the country of Scotland, best represented by Edinburgh Castle where guests will cross the footbridge of Eilean Donan to enter the impressive structure. After entering the courtyard, guests are greeted by cultural representitives dressed in native tartans ready to give directions to two dining options, three entertainment options, several gift shops, and great spots to watch the Great Highland Bagpipe processional that occurs several times daily. The main attraction is Mysteries of the Highlands, an E ticket ride through the greatest myths and legends of Scotland featuring Loch Ness, Kelpies, the Callanish Standing Stones, Cuchulainn, the Hound of Ulter, and even some of the Arthurian legends. Alternatively guests can wander the shops dedicated to golf, soccer, and other Gaelic souvenirs or take in two separate show featuring Scottish Highland Dancing or the Scottish Highland Games (where two teams battle it out in feats of strength or skill with a comedic twist). The two dining option will offer guests a taste of traditional Scottish foods like Neeps and Tatties, Smoked Salmon, and Cullen Skink set in the background of the beautiful Scottish Highlands and Lochs.
Really enjoy the detail and design of this land. The E-ticket with the greatest myths and legends is a very good choice, and something I think that area of the park could truly benefit from, as there is so much mythology surrounding that area. Basically, everything is great...this may just be me being naive, but is Scotland part of the United Kingdom? It is its own country, however I thought Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and England were all part of the UK. That being said - there is so much to explore and do in Scotland, and its location next to the UK pavilion would fit, that I won't really worry about that too much. Overall, the idea for the country is very well thought out and nice work!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom