Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 3 - May 1976 - Results

This won't happen every round - but this round I felt it was warranted (also because I don't want to stay up till 2am debating tiny little words and phrases to distinguish stuff:p) This is all for fun.

And seeing that it all is for fun - everyone is getting an award this round!:joyfull:

Just so that you know how I placed it:

Honorable Mentions were the ones that had nice ideas, solid ambition/realism, it's just - a really tough competitive round:bookworm: Any other round, probably would be medal winners.
Bronze Medal - Were ones that stuck to realism for sure size/scope wise, and perhaps had a few areas (such as a theme, or a location) that I wasn't too sure about, that kept them from Silver and Gold
Silver Medal - A combination of great ideas, realism, and ambition. In some cases, possibly a little too much ambition, though sometimes it's better to scale down an idea, rather than have to scale up, but not enough for gold.
Gold Medal - These were ones that just felt deserving of the top for me, personally:angelic:

And of course, this is just one person's opinion - but given that this was such a competitive round - I wanted to give everyone some recognition!

Without further delay - here are the results!

honorable-mention.jpg

Goes to @DlpPhantom @Angels and Disney's @kmbmw777 !

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Goes to @Tony the Tigger @OvertheHorizon @Brer Robbie !

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @michmousefan @David2319 and @Fox&Hound !

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @FigmentPigments and @Magic Feather !

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - let's get to the next challenge!:)

Daveeeeed

Prompt 3 - May 1976 - Results

This won't happen every round - but this round I felt it was warranted (also because I don't want to stay up till 2am debating tiny little words and phrases to distinguish stuff:p) This is all for fun.

And seeing that it all is for fun - everyone is getting an award this round!:joyfull:

Just so that you know how I placed it:

Honorable Mentions were the ones that had nice ideas, solid ambition/realism, it's just - a really tough competitive round:bookworm: Any other round, probably would be medal winners.
Bronze Medal - Were ones that stuck to realism for sure size/scope wise, and perhaps had a few areas (such as a theme, or a location) that I wasn't too sure about, that kept them from Silver and Gold
Silver Medal - A combination of great ideas, realism, and ambition. In some cases, possibly a little too much ambition, though sometimes it's better to scale down an idea, rather than have to scale up, but not enough for gold.
Gold Medal - These were ones that just felt deserving of the top for me, personally:angelic:

And of course, this is just one person's opinion - but given that this was such a competitive round - I wanted to give everyone some recognition!

Without further delay - here are the results!

honorable-mention.jpg

Goes to @DlpPhantom @Angels and Disney's @kmbmw777 !

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Goes to @Tony the Tigger @OvertheHorizon @Brer Robbie !

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @michmousefan @David2319 and @Fox&Hound !

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @FigmentPigments and @Magic Feather !

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - let's get to the next challenge!:)
Good idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
For sure! This was a really hard round to pick out just a handful.:eek: Great job, everyone!
I also see I accidentally made a copying error:eek:

@OvertheHorizon was supposed to be 2nd (Silver):oops: I am sorry! I won't swap back the person who was supposed to be bronze because I'd rather not pull a Steve Harvey:p
harvey-apology.jpg

On the bright side - now you have the full trifecta (Gold, Silver, and Bronze:joyfull:) Just know that, fyi. Sorry again!

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 4 - October 1982
epcotmap1982.jpg

Jumping ahead to 1982 - EPCOT Center is about to open its doors to the Disney guests. An innovative theme park divided into 2 different sections, the next few projects will deal with expanding the Showcase of the World and traveling to New Horizons:bookworm:

The Challenge:
In this scenario, you are tasked with designing a new World Showcase nation to be a part of Epcot's opening day lineup. While the task may sound simple, it could get challenging very fast!

Each submission has to be a different nation - so if someone submits Brazil, and you wanted Brazil, you have to choose a different nation.

There are over 100 nations to choose from around the world - the winner will be the option that is inventive with the design, creative in the layout, and therefore giving everyone a fair shot regardless of whether or not your nation is a popular armchair option for World Showcase.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description. However, for this round, you may also include an image if it helps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

This project will be due on Sunday September 4th at 9 PM EST (but you can turn it in early if you wish!)

Good Luck and Have Fun Imagineers!:)

Magic Feather

Greece:
Large stone pillars, mountains, ancient temples and hillside villages beckon guests to EPCOT's newest country pavilion, nestled between Germany and Italy, Greece. A large quick service and table service dining complex offering authentic Greek dishes and tapas is inside of a building on the right side of the courtyard themed to the Parthenon, outside of which atmospheric entertainment can be found. On the left side, curving around towards the back, is a large hillside dotted with white houses, which form a large shopping store on the left, as well as serving as the main entrance and exit of World Showcase's newest attraction "The Wrath of the Gods" in the center, with a forced perspective amount Olympus on top. This state of the art attraction uses a ride system near identical to Horizons, with additional Chariot theming, that will take guests on a journey up to Mount Olympus where you will be caught in the crossfires of a battle between Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon as they fight for control of Mount Olympus. Large pyrotechnic effects, a highly themed queue, and some of the most impressive animatronics of the time, help to create an incredible experience in this one of a kind attraction. Greece is sure to become a must do pavilion in EPCOT's World Showcase, with its high quality dining and shopping opportunities, amazing experiences, and brilliant atmosphere.

Brer Robbie

The Netherlands:
Tucked between United Kingdom and Canada (occupying the area of the event pavilion), guests can stroll down the the streets of Amsterdam and experience rich Dutch culture. Utilizing the space behind United Kingdom, the pavilion will have a "river" running straight through the pavilion into a large tunnel used for the boat ride with multiple bridges allowing access to both sides. The right side (looking in from the lagoon) will be a row of buildings that wrap around to the other side containing the river while the left side will stop to create a side street giving access to a loop of similarly tall Dutch buildings. The main attraction will be the Tour of The Netherlands Boat Cruise where guests will take a tour of the country in special boats with large screen "windows" that allow a 360 degree view. A two story restaurant will over look the river serving Dutch classics with the upper floor being table service, and the ground floor being quick service, while the loop street will have stores selling Dutch items.
image.jpeg

OvertheHorizon

India

Situated between Mexico and soon-to-be built Norway, a World Showcase-scaled replica of the Taj Mahal façade looms ahead, just past tranquil reflecting pools and lush lotus gardens. After entering the pavilion through an ivory-white marble archway, the aroma of curry from the spice shop draws guests to sample the culture of the world’s second most populace country, as they wander through an Indian bazaar featuring etched brass, an assortment of colorful fabrics, traditional garb, and hand-crafted rugs and tapestries. Overlooking the bazaar, beneath a twinkling night sky, is Lotus House featuring cuisine from the various regions, including tikka masala, curried chicken, chickpea salad, boti kabob, and shrimp tandoori. At the rear of the pavilion is Indian Adventure, where guests board Magic Carpets for a whimsical look at India’s most famous tourist destinations, such as Kanha National Park, Harmandir Sahib, and Virupaksha Temple, as they fly over a combination of miniatures and video screens (Peter Pan’s Flight meets If You Had Wings). The fabulous cuisine, coupled with its rich cultural heritage, makes India a worthy addition to EPCOT Center’s World Showcase.
taj.jpg

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

The Netherlands:
Tucked between United Kingdom and Canada (occupying the area of the event pavilion), guests can stroll down the the streets of Amsterdam and experience rich Dutch culture. Utilizing the space behind United Kingdom, the pavilion will have a "river" running straight through the pavilion into a large tunnel used for the boat ride with multiple bridges allowing access to both sides. The right side (looking in from the lagoon) will be a row of buildings that wrap around to the other side containing the river while the left side will stop to create a side street giving access to a loop of similarly tall Dutch buildings. The main attraction will be the Tour of The Netherlands Boat Cruise where guests will take a tour of the country in special boats with large screen "windows" that allow a 360 degree view. A two story restaurant will over look the river serving Dutch classics with the upper floor being table service, and the ground floor being quick service, while the loop street will have stores selling Dutch items.View attachment 159020
Beat me to it!:mad::p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom