Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

kmbmw777

Pirates Cove
Inspired by the hit ride at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom, this water attraction would fit into a new land of sorts for Disney's River County. The main attraction would be a tube slide, which goes through an interactive water play area. The play area, themed to a sunken pirate ship (and later rethemed to Davy Jones' ship) allows children to climb ropes, use small slides, and play with water fountains. There will be tunnels and a Tarzan rope. The tube slide takes riders through the sunken ship and a whirlpool themed vortex.

FigmentPigments

The Shut-Ins

Designed to blend seamlessly into the rustic theming of River Country, the Shut-Ins is an area designed for those who like to climb and explore, in and around the waterways. Guests can clamor up and slide over the "naturally" smooth boulders to discover little hidden pools of water that cascade into other pools forming miniature "waterfalls" that the guests can traverse by slipping down. If guests navigate these series of pools far enough and explore deep enough, they just might find Pop's Willow Cave, perfect for those who hoping for adventure and maybe a surprise or too. As an added bonus for those not looking to get wet, but longing for the thrills of River Country, there is rock climbing available nearby. If guests make it to the top, they will be treated to the most beautiful overlook the park has to offer.

spacemt354

Chili's
Ok - first up for reviews!
Rub-a-dub Tubs

On the shores of Bay Lake is the newest attraction to Disney’s River Country, Walt Disney World’s version of an “old-fashioned swimming hole.” At Rub-a-dub Tubs, Davy Jones meets Mad Tea Party in this fun-for-the-whole-family ride in which guests, sitting in oak tubs, twirl clockwise on three turntables while a larger turntable moves counter-clockwise. Adding to the fun, tub-mates take control of their own spin by grabbing onto a ship’s wheel mounted at the center of the tub, while attempting to evade spouting water from a mythical sea creature at the center of the turntable. Its location at water’s edge and with spectacular views across Bay Lake gives the illusion that the tubs are floating on water, but this ride is sure to please seafaring adventurers and landlubbers of all ages.
2/3 challenges now posting first - kudos to you!

Again, you nail the realism in almost every project. I could see this happening, and given that River Country had tube based attractions, it seems very feasible as well. I love the idea of the ride itself - the theme of Davy Jones threw me a little, as maybe something in the Fort Wilderness Resort would benefit from a more western/Hoop de doo style theme to it. One other small nitpick is the name, on one hand, I chuckle at it...:joyfull:so I guess it's not a nitpick, I just can't see myself saying - "Hey! my favorite ride is Rub-a-dub Tubs:p" Overall, greak work again though!
0db599d9dab8bc8601afa36a1ed10ee3.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Canyon Racers
In celebration of the Colorado and other Western American rivers, Canyon Racers would be a focal point of River Country, curving around almost half the park, with a heavily-themed red rock canyon evoking slot canyons and the Grand Canyon regions of Arizona and Utah. After making their way to the top with an inner tube, riders would choose one of two parallel intertwining courses to tackle and the "race" would begin. With the slides crossing over and under each other at times, riders would slide, dive and curve through
Oh...you hooked me here - Red Rock Canyon?

I was just there!! I just took this a month ago:p

The scenery of this would be beautiful - it would totally bring new life to River Country, especially with the racing aspect.

Also...
Canyon Racers
what at the time would be the longest single waterslide in the world.
:hilarious:

Perhaps a bit ambitious with that:p though I do appreciate the thought and location that you chose for this - It would really offer something unique in the area, yet blend in nicely. Great job!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
River country announces a brand new competetive experience for kids and kids at heart: River Country Races. Imagine a wild race through water-spraying tunnels, a moon bounce that sprays water, waterfalls that drop buckets of water, and all ending in giant slide into a splash pad. On the side are water guns guests can use to spray those competing in the water games. Soft foam padding and active life guards on duty will ensure guests have fun and stay safe.
Since I really enjoyed michmousefan's attraction - I very much appreciate this one as well! While that one was a bit more ambitious, this is more of the laid back, River Country style, and the water jets going across the way - I also like how you said lifeguards would be on duty there...as that was an issue for River Country at times, making sure everyone was safe, especially in the mid-70s when this stuff was first starting out!

Not too much else to say - great!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Downpour Current
Accessed by a bridge between slippery slide falls, and kiddie cove that goes across the entrance of the park where the ride will be, is Downpour Current. Downpour current gets its name, well from it pouring down rain and flooding; misters spray you from above, but they cannot be seen. Once you board the two person raft, you go through a short mine, then a slow ride through some forest, and finally up a climatic lift hill to the big drop at the end (dubbed the waterfall). It will be one splashtastic ride where everyone above 36" can ride and get soaked! (even more than Kali:p). It is sure to bring the fun back to River Country.
fascinating.gif

I am stuck on this one. I actually am. I'm not sure yet, and I want to think about it so I will come back to this later. :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Secret Stream Plunge
Set on the back side of slippery slide falls. Guests will climb up a set of stairs that blend into the rock formation to reach a slide. Once in place, riders will slide down a short near vertical drop inside the rock formation that will level out and twist through the dark until they shoot out into the pool on the other side into Upstream Plunge.
Another very realistic one for sure! I like the location on the back side of the pre-existing falls. As with other water parks like Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, it's typical that several slides derive from a singular point (that way it's cheaper to build too...rather than build separate things for every slide.

For that I definitely appreciate this one - and good work once more! You're getting the hang of this imagineering stuff!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Little ones will love the Ol' Fishin' Hole attraction at Disney's River Country water park. It's a shallow pool where they can go fishin' by either sitting on the edges and just getting their feet wet, or wading inside. Soft-handled shallow nets can be used to catch brightly colored plastic fish (and then throw them back.) The stone mountain in the center of the pool (a mini-version of the bigger ones in the park - complete with mini-water slides) hides the filter which keeps the water circulating so the fish are always moving - it even sucks the fish up out of the water and pushes them back out into the pool via the mini-water slides! And every few seconds, a big fish rises out from the middle of the mountain and "spits" (sprays) water all around, even a few feet outside the pool - so those kids who don't go into the pool or go fishing can play in this fun-themed "sprinkler" effect.
Love that name - sounds River Country-y:p

I also love how you took it in a different approach with this and basically built a whole entire area - gotta give you props for that one. And the fishing idea is a great concept and blends in with the surrounding area. I do wonder where this would go..I'd assume this is a different pool from the pre-existing ones, I would guess they'd have to build into the Fort Wilderness area a little. Anyway - very unique concept!

spacemt354

Chili's
Skippin' Stone Falls
An all new water attraction, Skippin' Stone Falls, awaits those who come the River Country at Walt Disney World Resort. In the once forested area on the far side of the complex, a new rocky structure and pool are formed, where guests can look out on the overlook and skip stones (with the help of trained professionals) onto Bay Lake, or become the skipped stone on skipping stone falls. All above 40" can board a one person tube and glide down a carefully engineered plunge, in which riders will skip across the water in their tubes upon the entry of the exit pool. This ride promises mild thrills for all visitors of River Country who wish to know, "Will they Sink or Skip?".
This may be my favorite so far - I'm not sure haha these are all really good in their own way.

But I think this blends the ambition, with a touch of realism, and just enough detail where I can picture this for sure. Awesome concept!

spacemt354

Chili's
Frontier Family Raft

Board a six passenger circular raft and plunge down the slippery falls of the River Country rocky terrain. Built on top of a 70 foot mountain next to the slides, and ending with a splash in a designated pool, the raft will swirl around corners, down small dips, before eventually coming to an end.
Nice idea here! 70 ft may be a bit tall considering the area - though if you were looking to put RIver Country on the map from the surrounding area - I guess this does that perfectly!

This reminds me of Teamboat Springs a little (in a good way) at Blizzard Beach, though at River Country that may in fact dwarf the whole park:p Though it doesn't take away the fact that it was a great idea and I look forward to more!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Gator Gulch

This new kiddie pool and slide will show what it's like to swim with an alligator. The short slide goes around the kiddy area before splashing into the main pool.
Eh, see that isn't too bad!

Much like Tony - I like how you went in a different direction rather than a slide (not saying one is better than the other) it just shows that you think outside the box - and that's a great trait!

Anything "gulch" sounds like something that would be in River Country:D so you definitely earned points in the realism department!

spacemt354

Chili's
Pirates Cove
Inspired by the hit ride at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom, this water attraction would fit into a new land of sorts for Disney's River County. The main attraction would be a tube slide, which goes through an interactive water play area. The play area, themed to a sunken pirate ship (and later rethemed to Davy Jones' ship) allows children to climb ropes, use small slides, and play with water fountains. There will be tunnels and a Tarzan rope. The tube slide takes riders through the sunken ship and a whirlpool themed vortex.
As with the last few (Tony and Phantom) I appreciate that you went outside the box and built something unique!

I told the same thing to OvertheHorizons, but for some reason I'm having trouble picturing Davy Jones in River Country...maybe it's just me (probably is:p) but other than that - I think this would be a much needed location in the ol' swimmin hole. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
And last but not least - Figment!
The Shut-Ins

Designed to blend seamlessly into the rustic theming of River Country, the Shut-Ins is an area designed for those who like to climb and explore, in and around the waterways. Guests can clamor up and slide over the "naturally" smooth boulders to discover little hidden pools of water that cascade into other pools forming miniature "waterfalls" that the guests can traverse by slipping down. If guests navigate these series of pools far enough and explore deep enough, they just might find Pop's Willow Cave, perfect for those who hoping for adventure and maybe a surprise or too. As an added bonus for those not looking to get wet, but longing for the thrills of River Country, there is rock climbing available nearby. If guests make it to the top, they will be treated to the most beautiful overlook the park has to offer.
Heck yes:p

Again - unique! But this time you added a Tom Sawyer Island type vibe to it - in a water park! And in Fort Wilderness, that feeling of exploration and discovery gives it the unique flavor that it was (and is today!) Wilderness Lodge and FW are both some of my favorite resorts because I can find something new each and every time, and I think that lookout concept, with the series of pools, the cave, it all offers plenty of things to keep the guests coming back.... Fantastic!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
fascinating.gif

I am stuck on this one. I actually am. I'm not sure yet, and I want to think about it so I will come back to this later. :p
Ok back to David's...the reason why I was stuck on this one was because it read like an actual ride and not a water ride, at first. Though reading it again - I can picture it.

Might be a bit too pricey with the mine, but I could totally see a raft go through the woods over there in River Country...and it would be innovative for the time period to have the raft go up an incline like Kali - after all, Disney would have just come off Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland 1975 redo - so they'd be feeling creative - so in a sense, I could see this happening.

Pitching this to an imagineer - the mine would probably be cut out due to budget restraints, but they could have one of the only inclined water slides at their first water park - great thinking David!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom