Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

spacemt354

Chili's
Cave of the Golden Temple

Discovered by rogue skippers of the Jungle Navigation Company, Cave of the Golden Temple will take those who are brave enough into the depths of the earth to discover the mythical Golden Temple. Squeezed between the edge of the Jungle Cruise (the cave entrance will be visible from the ride like Indiana Jones is presently at disneyland) and the future Pirates of the Caribbean building, the vast cave entrance will ominously welcome guests down to the network of railways set up by the Navigation Company. Using an advanced people mover system that can handle quick drops, hills, turns, and changes in speed, guests enter their mine carts and are sent racing through the caves facing strange creatures, avoiding lava streams, and encountering spirits of the Golden Temple. The ride will culminate with the arrival at the Golden Temple where guests will exit their carts and can explore a series of interactive "chambers" throughout then exit through a excavation site near the ride entrance.
This one is ambitious!

In one respect I applaud your inventiveness with the new peoplemover style ride system and design. I like the tie into Jungle Cruise, but going off of the fact that this is 1972, and there's only a few attractions at the Magic Kingdom, having two based around the Navigation Company, eh I guess it would work...it just feels like they wouldn't do that. One other thing was, this was supposed to be a dark ride...though I will let that slide for now because there are a lot of things that constitute as a dark ride nowadays, though this does feel more like a coaster style ride.

I do like the inventiveness of the ride through itself though - very well done! And great job again overall!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd like to join in that's alright and I'll reuse an old original idea from The House Cup Competition Mini-Challenges.

Fire Mountain

Viracocha.jpg

Fire Mountain
will be an intense E-ticket roller coaster in which guests, after trying to help evacuate members of a fictional South American community inside the caverns of the volcano, have to wiz deeper into the caverns in order to escape the volcano due to a collapse in the main exit. Guests will encounter fictional beasts based on Incan deities, who will terrorize them throughout the ride. The ride will include (fake) lava flowing next to the car, in order to “heat up” the track. This attraction would be located behind the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. The attraction will invoke interest in Native American culture, while also bringing teens back to Adventureland.
Welcome aboard Kevin!

Just joining recently, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that this was planned to be a dark ride challenge - don't worry though, it's alright..:p I've said before I think Fire Mountain would be awesome in Adventureland though, so I'm glad we agree.

Glad you're in this and can't wait to see your future projects!:)

kmbmw777

Welcome aboard Kevin!

Just joining recently, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that this was planned to be a dark ride challenge - don't worry though, it's alright..:p I've said before I think Fire Mountain would be awesome in Adventureland though, so I'm glad we agree.

Glad you're in this and can't wait to see your future projects!:)
Lol. I feel silly

spacemt354

Chili's
Shadow Mountain

Set your path on a mysterious journey, a terrifying expedition to find out why people go up but not down from the mountain. Some skippers from The Jungle Navigation Co. wanted revenge on the company for forcing them to live in small quarters, so they wanted to harness the supernatural forces that stole the lives from many & cast it upon the company. To get there they used the old minecarts(roller coaster)to get to the top of the mountain. What they encounter are creepy dolls, voodoo, and witches. The exterior will be that of a 100 foot mountain, and through stunning show scenes, a fast escape coaster part, and the dark magic of the mountain, this is sure to make for an incredible attraction!
And last but not least we have Shadow Mountain ...ooo..spooky. :p

This will be pretty similar to the last review, but overall I love the idea of having a "mountain" based attraction in this location (because Fire Mountain was supposed to be behind Pirates) and I just think this part of the Magic Kingdom is missing this style attraction. That being said, it was supposed to be a dark ride, but this is for fun, and dark ride is a broad term, so like everyone else I'll let it slide.:cool::joyfull:

On the idea itself, it's very cool - and I'd love to see more mystical elements in Adventureland!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 2 - June 1972 - Results

Without further delay - here are the results!:)

honorable-mention.jpg

Goes to @FigmentPigments for Tall Tales of the Frontier!

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Goes to @Magic Feather for The Legend of the Thunderbird!

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @Tony the Tigger for Tracking Mowgli!

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @OvertheHorizon for Davy Crockett's Wild Frontier (that actually sounds like a ride in Frontierland:cool:, not gonna lie)

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - we've got many challenges left!:)

Daveeeeed

honorable-mention.jpg

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Silver Medal ...

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @OvertheHorizon for Davy Crockett's Wild Frontier (that actually sounds like a ride in Frontierland:cool:, not gonna lie)

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - we've got many challenges left!:)
Excited for the next one!!!!! Now back to Science:arghh:

FigmentPigments

honorable-mention.jpg

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Silver Medal ...

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Participation Awards!

Whoo-hoo! :joyfull:

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 3 - May 1976
vrc123564LARGE.jpg

Jumping ahead to 1976 - we've touched on hotels in the Magic Kingdom area, E-tickets in the Magic Kingdom, and now, water parks in the Magic Kingdom area!

The Challenge:
In this scenario, River Country is opening in June, and you as imagineers need to design a new attraction for the grand opening. It can be any type of attraction; a slide, a family raft, kiddie area, anything!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description - and that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

This project will be due on Friday September 2nd at 8 PM EST (but you can turn it in early if you wish!)

Good Luck and Have Fun Imagineers!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom