Imagineer doing an AMA on Reddit right now...

ProjectXBlog

So just a word of warning to all my CM friends who peruse these forums.....

Don't use a work computer. Don't use Disney's network. Don't post anything personal wherein you can be traced back and identify you.

Corporate is watching.
when i worked for apple they would reprimand people for even mentioning that fact alone on social media, etc. companies are nuts in the butts over stuff like that

Voxel

President of Progress City
That's not how IAmA's work... The proof is confidentially given to a moderator via private message. A moderator posted he/she was verified.
Correct, While all IAma's need verification sent to the Moderator, most of the IAmA's go ahead and include proof in the thread with it (Or at least the ones I have participated in asked questions in)

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Correct and Incorrect. While all IAma's need verification sent to the Moderator, most of the IAmA's go ahead and include proof in the thread with it (Or at least the ones I have participated in asked questions in)

You're right they could do that but given the topic and such... This thread would be privately done unless they were sanctioned by Disney to do it.

Milk Crate

I'm more interested in seeing YOU post than what you posted about. Actually had planned an email to see what was up with you, which you should still expect later.

Looked at this briefly earlier and my feeling is the guy is genuine and since he said absolutely nothing of consequence it was one of two things:

1.) He just wanted to talk to people and be cool; or
2.) Disney social media had some purpose and put him up to it (couldn't help but notice that he talked up Micechat, which has over the last year pretty much stopped putting out anything remotely controversial about Disney -- Andy Castro largely does his ripping of them on the Twit feed -- and hasn't put out one bit of hard news in 2015 about anything Disney).

Either way, it was much ado about very little.

He not only mentioned Micechat, but said he thought someone "inside" was writing for them. One can make of that what they will.

lazyboy97o

Proof would probably kill any cache of interest. When people think "Imagineer" they immediately jump to the top-level creative executives, the Senior Show Producers. Contracted landscape architects are not going to be involved in the "cool" stuff of developing attraction concepts. Outside Bill Evans it is a skill set Disney and most others do not glamorize.

MarkTwain

Proof would probably kill any cache of interest. When people think "Imagineer" they immediately jump to the top-level creative executives, the Senior Show Producers. Contracted landscape architects are not going to be involved in the "cool" stuff of developing attraction concepts. Outside Bill Evans it is a skill set Disney and most others do not glamorize.

This is the problem with the public perception of Imagineering in general (and probably why so many people want to work there). Everyone assumes that all the Imagineers are pitching and developing new ride concepts all the time, while in reality a solid 90% are hunched over CAD and drawing planters, bathroom details, etc. The vast majority of Imagineers, or rather people working at Imagineering, have no say in what goes on in the grand scheme.

lazyboy97o

This is the problem with the public perception of Imagineering in general (and probably why so many people want to work there). Everyone assumes that all the Imagineers are pitching and developing new ride concepts all the time, while in reality a solid 90% are hunched over CAD and drawing planters, bathroom details, etc. The vast majority of Imagineers, or rather people working at Imagineering, have no say in what goes on in the grand scheme.
Hey now, that's not totally true, Disney has been very aggressive in switching to Revit. ;)

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
I'm more interested in seeing YOU post than what you posted about. Actually had planned an email to see what was up with you, which you should still expect later.

Looked at this briefly earlier and my feeling is the guy is genuine and since he said absolutely nothing of consequence it was one of two things:

1.) He just wanted to talk to people and be cool; or
2.) Disney social media had some purpose and put him up to it (couldn't help but notice that he talked up Micechat, which has over the last year pretty much stopped putting out anything remotely controversial about Disney -- Andy Castro largely does his ripping of them on the Twit feed -- and hasn't put out one bit of hard news in 2015 about anything Disney).

Either way, it was much ado about very little.

Good to hear from you. I hope you're well. I'd love an email! I haven't been on here as much because life has just gotten in the way. You'd be shocked if I told you what I've had going on for the past 8 months. But I've still worked in my Disney fix. Spent a week at WDW in March and actually had a very nice time, I'll be at DL for a couple days in a few weeks while I'm in Cali on biz, and we spent 8 days at TDL about a year ago.
I sort of agree with number 2. But like you, the motive didn't seem clear enough. The plugs for the two sites he tossed in made me more think that he wasn't legit and by being associated with those sites (and just being a fan in general) he could speak intelligently enough on the topics to pass muster. Heck, most anyone from this board that's been here a while could have done what he did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom