Imagineer doing an AMA on Reddit right now...

NowInc

reddit verifies amas before they're done so i would be surprised if someone was able to fake this

Verification how? an ID? Can be faked. A name tag? Can be faked. A picture inside of a building? Whats to say its imagineering. Reddit has no way of fact checking most AMAs unless its arranged by them.

PhotoDave219

Note he also has no idea what rides are open or closed in his own "job". Saying how he dislikes luigis tires...which have been gone for a few months already. So I am standing by my "B.S." statement.

I'll see if I can find another BS flag to plant. We've flown that a good amount these days

NowInc

Also saying you are an imagineer is in no way a violation of an NDA. Discussing specific un-announced topics..is. He is posting as if he is at risk..which if he had an actual NDA he would know everything he is saying (straight from the desperation centers of a failing fan forum..with a not too subtle plug added into his intro) is nothing to be scared about. You are allowed to answer questions all the time, just as long as you dont talk about what is in the works in any detail.

ProjectXBlog

Verification how? an ID? Can be faked. A name tag? Can be faked. A picture inside of a building? Whats to say its imagineering. Reddit has no way of fact checking most AMAs unless its arranged by them.
usually an id tag or paperwork. these days they're pretty thorough about it, not worth getting worked up lol
Also saying you are an imagineer is in no way a violation of an NDA. Discussing specific un-announced topics..is. He is posting as if he is at risk..which if he had an actual NDA he would know everything he is saying (straight from the desperation centers of a failing fan forum..with a not too subtle plug added into his intro) is nothing to be scared about. You are allowed to answer questions all the time, just as long as you dont talk about what is in the works in any detail.
"I'll answer what I can while trying to respect my NDA." straight from the source. not trying to be super defensive of it but come on

NowInc

usually an id tag or paperwork. these days they're pretty thorough about it, not worth getting worked up lol

"I'll answer what I can while trying to respect my NDA." straight from the source. not trying to be super defensive of it but come on

I'm hardly worked up, but at the same time I am going to call out a fake when I see it.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Plus, the /r/IAMA subreddit has definitely been in a rough way recently. I'm reading his answers and I'm going to put money on an ex-college program CM who could provide a blurred name tag to the mods.

From his post history on another post:

"I worked at Disney imagineering for a little over a year and know many people who have worked with them through out the years (or still do). They keep few actual imagineers on staff and then hire through local design firms when they need to staff up for a park (IE Shanghai Disney). I'd be happy to answer what questions I can if someone better doesn't show up."

Figments Friend

Hmmm...is someone who is contracted into a project from a outside company technically a *Imagineer* .....?

Maybe i am just old school, but to me that is contract work brought in ( and bought ) from the outside.
WDI primarily works this way now, so perhaps today that is considering *imagineering*.

I miss the old ways.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
FYI, that wasn't a private message, it's right on the thread (unless he posted it publicly later.) Reddit just sends all replies to your inbox.

Yeah, I just figured that out and was going to come edit my post. :oops: I guess you can tell how often I actually post on Reddit. :facepalm:

WDWFigment

Eh, I'll play along and see what happens. Just because he doesn't know much about Disney attractions doesn't mean he's not legit--I'm sure tons of people working for the company don't have nearly as much interest in the parks as we do.

He very well might be fake, but I'd rather post a couple of superficially innocuous questions that might bait him into saying more than he should (@Buried20KLeague - no surprise he didn't answer your Tony Baxter question, jeez man!) without knowing it than just assume he's fake and grouse about it here.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
Eh, I'll play along and see what happens. Just because he doesn't know much about Disney attractions doesn't mean he's not legit--I'm sure tons of people working for the company don't have nearly as much interest in the parks as we do.

He very well might be fake, but I'd rather post a couple of superficially innocuous questions that might bait him into saying more than he should (@Buried20KLeague - no surprise he didn't answer your Tony Baxter question, jeez man!) without knowing it than just assume he's fake and grouse about it here.

Hey... Go big or go home! :cool:

Actually, that was before I realized he wasn't going to offer up anything. It's always a deal killer when they do an AMAA, anyway. :hungover:

doctornick

Reddits design is actually part of why its so popular....oddly enough
It is one of those UI's that to an outsider looks extremely dated and alien, but to the daily users its so familiar and works. They are probably extremely apprehensive about making changes.

I participate in another message board that went from a "thread view" default to a "topic view" one (like this board) and I was shocked at how many people liked the thread view. I find it terrible annoying, but there was a mini revolt at losing that functionality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom