Imagination Demolition?

doop

Interesting, but aren't a lot of these records also little trivial things being removed, or does being listed as a demolition mean it's on a grander scale?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Interesting, but aren't a lot of these records also little trivial things being removed, or does being listed as a demolition mean it's on a grander scale?

They already filed a permit for the upcoming refurb - to tidy up the Imageworks. So.. this is.. new and odd.

jedimaster1227

As I said before, the Imageworks was only the beginning. This is the beginning of the end for the Imagination Institute. Let the carnage of the former pavilion begin as we prepare to make a triumphant return to the Dreamport... And no, I am not kidding.

But to the permit, this is for interior and exterior construction to the pavilion, but they aren't knocking down the whole pavilion. It is essentially the first in many permits to cover the work to be done.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Also, the fact that it's a permit filed by Imagineering, instead of WDW Co, to me suggests they're removing/demolishing something signifigant that Imagineering wants control over (aka: not a flower bed, rock work, or something an outside contractor could work on).

Figment1986

Demolition could be just for knocking down walls or floor...

who knows what disney has planned exactly... I'm curious to see what else comes out

TheBeatles

As I said before, the Imageworks was only the beginning. This is the beginning of the end for the Imagination Institute. Let the carnage of the former pavilion begin as we prepare to make a triumphant return to the Dreamport... And no, I am not kidding.

But to the permit, this is for interior and exterior construction to the pavilion, but they aren't knocking down the whole pavilion. It is essentially the first in many permits to cover the work to be done.

Adam you are always a source of good news.

By the way,

Good luck with WDWCelebrations. Celebration 25 was the most fun I've had in a while. I hope you have great success.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Are you aware of any time frame for the entire project, start to finish?

EPCOT Explorer

Wow Adam,that's quite a bombshell we just got.Glad to hear that the whole Imagination pavilion will not fall into the "sinkhole"

Merf,I love ya to death,but you REALLY have got to start naming your threads better...I almost had a heart attack!Also,do we know when this will begin?

Interesting news...I'm hopeful for Epcot and Figgy.

kc1296426

Merf, where do you find documents like these? Is it just a skill that you only have? :D

Aww, I really hope they mess anything up in the imagination place. I really love the figment ride, even though it always has like no lines and it sure is a "failure". If only these documents mean they're opening the upstairs again...:rolleyes:

jedimaster1227

Also, the fact that it's a permit filed by Imagineering, instead of WDW Co, to me suggests they're removing/demolishing something signifigant that Imagineering wants control over (aka: not a flower bed, rock work, or something an outside contractor could work on).

Demolition could be just for knocking down walls or floor...

who knows what disney has planned exactly... I'm curious to see what else comes out

:zipit::zipit::zipit:

Adam you are always a source of good news.

By the way,

Good luck with WDWCelebrations. Celebration 25 was the most fun I've had in a while. I hope you have great success.

Thanks TheBeatles! I look forward to meeting you again!

Are you aware of any time frame for the entire project, start to finish?

Actually, I was caught off guard by the quick release of this permit, as the time that I was told it would go down was not so soon. But when I know something that I can share on that front, you will know! :animwink:

Wow Adam,that's quite a bombshell we just got.Glad to hear that the whole Imagination pavilion will not fall into the "sinkhole"

Its been in the works for too long, but the end result will do the Imagineers proud.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Would now be a bad time to mention that I think Magic Journeys was awesome and a perfect fit for the pavilion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom