Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

AllyInWonderland

Bumping. Apparently it's just a headquarters for the Perry game being set up inside the old Figment's Place building

image_zps9b01c15e.jpg

Hopefully it stays that way.
Hey! Is that the go-go chick from Spaceship Earth?! :p

JohnnyDepp

I agree that Imagination does need help, since its current form is a slap in the face to many fans
"You want Figment? Here's so much Figment that you'll never want to see Figment again!"
However, I cannot stand Phineas and Ferb. I think there isn't much imagination going on at all on that show. I know many teen fans of it, and they all say things like "Platypus, aglets! Look how unique and funny and random I am!". In a way I am relieved that nothing is happening yet to Imagination because I dislike Phineas and Ferb so much,but in another way I'm still kind of upset, because that ride needs an update so badly. I adore dark rides, and I fear that younger kids won't learn to appreciate dark rides, because they require some new, breathtaking stimulation from rides that they have never experienced anything like before. Something I do like about this Imagination (and probably the only thing I do) is that there isn't the overuse of screens that is present in...Nemo & Friends

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Is this just a small sign of whats to come though as a pavilion replacement as a whole? oy!!!:confused: more cartooning ahead.

As was mentioned on Twitter, it should be just an overlay of the old Kodak camera store, and it's surroundings....

dcibrando

I"m not sure how long P&F will be around so I'm not sure this is a good move (to redo the figment ride) HOWEVER... i could see them making a pretty funny ride staring Heinz Doof...having scenes with bad experiments and things going wrong. Maybe even with the storyline of him taking over EPCOT (or disney world in general) and having scenes with props from other attractions, etc. that he's destroying (or trying to). They could even have some no longer existing classic attraction stuff in there too for ones he's taken over in the past (the nostalgia here could be very cool).

If done right it with some good special effects it could be popular for the young and the old

PurpleDragon

You guys talk about staying power and relevance. Well look at Captain EO!! It was awful when it was new back in the early 90's and its a total abomination now, yet its still running and for some reason people still go see it. o_O

While I agree P&F may or may not last for long, they are completely relevant to the concept of the pavilion. Even if they do a temporary overlay till a more permanent remake is done, its still an improvement to the joke of an attraction that's in there now.

disneyeater

I agree that Imagination does need help, since its current form is a slap in the face to many fans
"You want Figment? Here's so much Figment that you'll never want to see Figment again!"
However, I cannot stand Phineas and Ferb. I think there isn't much imagination going on at all on that show. I know many teen fans of it, and they all say things like "Platypus, aglets! Look how unique and funny and random I am!". In a way I am relieved that nothing is happening yet to Imagination because I dislike Phineas and Ferb so much,but in another way I'm still kind of upset, because that ride needs an update so badly. I adore dark rides, and I fear that younger kids won't learn to appreciate dark rides, because they require some new, breathtaking stimulation from rides that they have never experienced anything like before. Something I do like about this Imagination (and probably the only thing I do) is that there isn't the overuse of screens that is present in...Nemo & Friends

Have you watched P&F? I don't really care if you like it or not, or want it in the pavilion, but I don't see how you could say there isn't much imagination going on in that show.

FabulousFigment

I pink-puffy-heart the purple dragon. I am so glad this is not taking over imagination. I am ready for a refurb of Imagination - just not one that includes P&F. Keep Figment & bring back dreamfinder!

ETA: SSE Disco Dominatrix is too funny. So glad she is enjoying herself on her day off!

PurpleDragon

What I don't get is everyone automatically assumes that any integration of P&F means immediate removal of Figment. Why not create a new storyline where P&F help Dreamfinder find Figment (or vice versa). There could be so many ways to preserve the existing characters while at the same time adding new ones with a new storyline.

I think if anything, TDO has learned that Figment and Dreamfinder are much beloved characters and trying to remove them from the Imagination pavilion(or even EPCOT in general), would lead to a huge backlash from fans. I mean look at what happened when they opened JIYI version 1.0, it closed down after only being open barely 2 years due to fan backlash and poor guest attendance.

Sans Souci

What I don't get is everyone automatically assumes that any integration of P&F means immediate removal of Figment. Why not create a new storyline where P&F help Dreamfinder find Figment (or vice versa). There could be so many ways to preserve the existing characters while at the same time adding new ones with a new storyline.

I think if anything, TDO has learned that Figment and Dreamfinder are much beloved characters and trying to remove them from the Imagination pavilion(or even EPCOT in general), would lead to a huge backlash from fans. I mean look at what happened when they opened JIYI version 1.0, it closed down after only being open barely 2 years due to fan backlash and poor guest attendance.

JMO, but I really don't like the idea of mixing two completely ideas together. I am not crazy about P&F and I really think Figment deserves his own platform. P&F is a flash in the pan compared to Figment.

Again, JMO.

aladdin2007

:p I've plenty of imagination, Horatio. I grew up the original Figment ride and would love to see a reboot that is just as awesome.

Agreed,, it seems like its going to be too much mish mash. EO, Ferb, Figment, three seperate things going on in one location. Id rather something more cohesive, and its time to do away with the whole institute theme anyway, its stale and wasnt executed well to begin with.

ThemeParks4Life

The only reason it's back was because of MJ's death as a tribute. I'd rather sit through Moonwalker than watch EO, that's how bad it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom