Imageworks up stairs

Horizons1

That has to be a bunch of crap. Between double paned glass and and reflective tinting that obstacle could have easily been overcome. Has to be more on the side of staffing, cost-cutting, not wanting to update the post show attractions...

DING, DING, DING!

We have a winner!

DarthGrady

More

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Figment! Man, you are SOOOOO lucky! I would give my __________ to get to walk through the Rainbow Corridor one last time, working or not. I begged our guide to let me, but it wasn't happening. :(

the-reason14

Its really sad to see these pics. I remember back in the day when I was too scared to watch HISTA, me and my dad did imagination more times than I can count while waiting for the rest of the family to come off of HISTA. I remember walking up there and seeing and doing most of the little things to do. Back then Ill admit I wasnt amazed by it, or treasured its existence because I didnt think nothing of it. But now, just seeing how its just sitting up there collecting dusts is a very sad sight indeed.

Next Big Thing

It is sad for me to see any pics of old EPCOT because I really didn't get to experience it and the more I look at these types of pics the more I wish I could have. Since I am only 17.5 now, I didn't start going until I was 6. So even if I did go on any of the stuff that was there, I wouldn't remember it. I have been in WoL and experience that stuff before it closed. Still, wasn't able to go when it was a sponsored pavillion though I don't believe so it was already headed down hill at the time. I really wish they would put some of these things in use again. It just seems like a lot of Future World is just sitting that could be put to much better use. The old upstairs imageworks, WoL, The Oddysy. Also, the UoE seems to be a bit out of date and something needs to be done with it. I mean, I love Epcot, but I just think they could put some of these spaces to much better use.

CitizenRob

Look at my site (link in my sig) for a full tour of both versions of the original Imageworks.

-VERY- cool site you have there with wonderfully and professionally done videos. I spent a few hours going through some of those videos. I like the whole reminiscing without the whining you see on many Disney fan web pages. :)

Astro_Digital

I been on the Undiscovered Futureworld tour a few times and they always take us up stairs. Of course they did not let us take pictures. The reason I heard they closed it and is makes the most sense to me, is people tend to be lazy. Roam the ground floors but to go out of the way upstairs most people juest do not do it. People would get off the attraction see the stairs and leave. I believe they used the same reasoning closing off the second floor of Mouseworks.

ewensell3

I been on the Undiscovered Futureworld tour a few times and they always take us up stairs...

Out of curiosity, are there other former stage areas they take you to, or is upstairs Imagination the only one? It just seems odd they'd take people up there. Unless it's just a convenient quiet place for a spiel.

To me, it would be like getting a tour of River Country or POP Legendary Years.

Edit - I guess the better analogy would be like taking you to see the slumped over Buzzy at WoL.

LenYJr

I was also up there in the fall during Undiscovered Future World. It looks pretty much like the pictures except they had put up a wall to where the Rainbow tunnel is.

Also during the tour there were some blueprints on one of the pin tables that our guide quickly spotted and turned over.....

TDF

I was also up there in the fall during Undiscovered Future World. It looks pretty much like the pictures except they had put up a wall to where the Rainbow tunnel is.

Also during the tour there were some blueprints on one of the pin tables that our guide quickly spotted and turned over.....

Now that's interesting!

gustaftp

It looks like there's just one tube of neon on in the Rainbow Corridor. Hardly what I'd call "still on". It's about the equivalent of turning on a night light.

EpcotServo

I've been up there a few times since the closure. Best thing they have done up there since it was closed was the Kim Possible Boss Battle that was really cool during the test.

When that wasn't going on however, it's extremely sad and eerie as all get out.

And for one Electronic Playground of the future...A Life After People...is already here.

-Cuts to commercial for Pawn Stars and American Pickers-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom