Imageworks up stairs

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Put another way... a fire could burn through the wiring and short circuit the call button, causing an elevator to stop on the same floor the fire is on.

Fire safe elevator... maybe I should patent the name.

pixiedust629

I don't remember what it used to be... but I definitely remember JII not being what it is now. But when I was little, it was something me and my sister loved... nothing about it is familiar anymore. I hoped that some of those pictures would trigger some memories, but not really. All I remember was going up in the ride and seeing Figment at some point.

Anyway. The space gets used for regular operations stuff like... you know... training and meetings and whatever. What I don't understand about the emergency exit access thing is that it doesn't HAVE to be inside the attraction. An outdoor emergency ramp exit could be added backstage, out of sight. Like an escape ladder or something... it wouldn't even have to be pretty, wouldn't cause refurb of the current location, and probably wouldn't have to be that expensive. :shrug: Why not?

But MOST OF ALL---- I wish SO MUCH that it would become the epitome of Imagination itself, and become WDW's Blue Sky Cellar....... wouldn't that be amazing??!

I think the saddest part of all this is that Imagination is one of the few sponsored pavilions left in FW. Imagine what it would be like if Kodak pulled out... would they just shutter the whole thing?

I really think it would be better if Disney did just that! If the ride is not used much (doesn't sound like it is) why not just "mothball" the building until they can afford to make "Imagination" like it was? It must cost them money to staff and air condition the place and the utilities. This ride seems to cause nothing but disappointment to people who enter it so maybe they would be better off not entering it?

The ride and show and empty areas right now seem like a terrible waste of a rather large building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom