Imageworks up stairs

everest-dude

Original Poster
i was walking around disney and stumbled in to JII... after going through the awful ride i went into imageworks... i saw the upstairs portion (and i know what is up there) but i asked a guard what was up there to see what he would say... id like to note i also said what it used to be to the guard... and he said all it was was "offices"

does anyone know why he would claim such a thing... or am i wrong and it is now offices

FigmentJedi

There is still something up there. I'm guessing the CMs are trying to keep it hidden from the public the fact that they've left it to rot for over 10 years.

TalkingHead

There is still something up there. I'm guessing the CMs are trying to keep it hidden from the public the fact that they've left it to rot for over 10 years.

Or the CM didn't really see the point in giving a long drawn-out answer to a question s/he frequently hears from nosy guests, and opted to give a short and simple answer instead.

DarthGrady

As of February of last year when I went up there, most of it was still there if not totally intact. Our tour guide took us into the old Imageworks and we got to see the ruins of the old stations. The pin tables were there, as were the kaleidoscopes and the now gutted electronic philharmonic stations.

It was pretty sad to see such a great area I loved as a kid totally discarded and abused. There was a temporary wall up in the middle, so I couldn't see the Rainbow Corridor, but it has been reported as still intact.

There are a few pix of the foyer area under the pyramid at the link below, but I couldn't take any inside the Imageworks.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=406952&page=2

Figment632

I was up ther in August.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LucyintheSky

Wow! Awesome pictures Figment632. Those are the best I've seen of what's up there now. What makes me the saddest about the upstairs for some reason is the old color scheme. whenever I peek up the stairs or the escalator and see the purple and blue paint, it makes me feel like it's a portal to the original pavilion/attraction. :ROFLOL:But I guess that's just me.:lookaroun

MinnieSummer

What a truly sad waste of space. It would be nice if there was a portal back to the old pavilion but instead we will have to deal with what we've got.

drossjr

Great shots Figment, I can barely remember going up there as a kid, any reason in particular they are not utilizing this space?

captain marvel1

couldnt they rebuild it for 2012 as for kids birthday parties which would be great and it would be a neat experience bring in wiis arcade games from disney past and stuff turn it into a disney version of chuckie cheese.

Master Gracey 5

Those definitely bring back memories. I remember the old Dreamfinder green screen video they had with the different storylines you could act out. I'll have to have my dad look it up on the videos from the early 90s trips. One of those was also where we lost my younger sister since it was dark in there!

Thanks for the pics!

Figment632

If you guys are interested when I get home I have pics of the unused Premiere and Main Street theaters while not as exciting I find them interesting.

Future Guy

I've heard that one of the reasons that space isn't utilized (aside from the difficulty of evacuating wheelchair-bound folks in the event of an emergency) is that it's really expensive to air condition that open space inside the pyramid, which kind of makes sense, even though you think Disney would have thought of that before they built the pavilion.

I wonder if concerns over air conditioning costs might have have been part of the rationale behind the shuttering of WoL also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom