Im Sad

cattprez

Original Poster
Im Sad.. no more... see the last post.

At this stage my May WDW adventure is off... i asked work for 15 days off... and i will only have 11 owing to me... I am in the travel industry and they suggested i not use up all my leave just in case i get an educational... but i wanna go to WDW!!!!! i crave it!!

so yeah.. im sad... its still on the cards i may leave my current job... then the trip is back on!!!!!.. some food for thought i guess

GrowingUpDisney

The OP is from Australia.

Maybe when they come they want more days to see and do it all as I am sure it is expensive to come and they may not get to come back for a while. :shrug:

jhastings74

There is no better place to play hooky at than WDW...as my time records from last year can attest to...

(...is it a bad thing to want to take the whole day off just to go eat a Disney Cheeseburger and fries with a Disney Coke?...:shrug:)

CAPTAIN HOOK

As other have suggested 11 days is better than not at all - also, in todays economic climate, I would ensure than you're going to a very secure new job/position before you start resigning

rsoxguy

some food for thought i guess
My food for thought: Never sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the temporary. Steady employment and income is more important than a trip to a theme park. Enjoy your job and figure out another way to make it to Disney some other time. :)

Figment632

I know how you feel my GF just informed me that we are not going to DL as we had planned this summer. We have never been to DL and she wants to wait until the refurb of CA is done. So I know how you feel because I was really looking forward to DL but I'm trying to get her go to DLP so wish me luck.

Jasper Dale

we are finally returning next month. the last time we went to WDW was in 2000. two trips fell through before we finally were able to take the time off. don't depair. there's always tomorrow.

beckysoda

As other have suggested 11 days is better than not at all - also, in todays economic climate, I would ensure than you're going to a very secure new job/position before you start resigning

amen. keeping your job is highly crucial. but so is disney world. i'd take the 11 days and keep your job.

...i'd do anything for 11 straight days in disney world right now...

gembob

The OP is from Australia.

Maybe when they come they want more days to see and do it all as I am sure it is expensive to come and they may not get to come back for a while. :shrug:

I think also it is probably a long flight for this period of time. I have 9hr flight from where I am so would never come for less than 14 nights.

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, I bet flights from Australia are long and involved. If you had 11 days off work and spent 2 days in transit each way then you're down to just 7 days on property. For what the financial investment would be to make that trip, I'd be pretty set on having a full 10 days of bliss. PLus with the time differences and such it may take a day or so after arrival to acclimate and another day after returning home to recover.

Of course...this is from the spoiled rotten brat who has made 4 of her last 6 trips for 9 nights. LOL!

tirian

Is there any way for you to make it a 13-day trip, like utilizing weekends?

If not, just enjoy at least a 10-day vacation; and stay clear of Spring Break crowds. (These are usually the weeks before and after Easter, but you can just check the "Peak" hotel periods online.)

cattprez

Original Poster
yes it is true i am from Australia, the plan was do to 5 days in NYC, 3 days in Washington and the rest on property at WDW...

and as fate as had it, i've resigned from my job. well as of tomorrow (monday). Lets just say that i felt that my only option was to resign...

and now the trip is back on... YAY...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom