I'm leaving to do the POTC sequels!!!

wbboy29

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I can't wait to get down there. I arrive in the Bahamas this Sunday, so only 2 more days, woo hoo!!! I'll make sure to let you know where I am in the movie when I get back. See y'all then

barnum42

wbboy29 said:
Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I can't wait to get down there. I arrive in the Bahamas this Sunday, so only 2 more days, woo hoo!!! I'll make sure to let you know where I am in the movie when I get back. See y'all then
Have a great time. If you get anywhere near civilization when off-set, let us know how it's going.

wbboy29

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
Have a great time. If you get anywhere near civilization when off-set, let us know how it's going.

Hey everyone!!! Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. But I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here in the Bahamas workng on the new films. I am having a amazing time, and have made some great friends. I will probably be returning home sometime next week. Unfortunately, do to a confidentiality agreement, I am not allowed to talk about the movies. But I can say they should be a lot of fun. Also I have to tell you that Jonny Depp has got to be the nicest celebrity I have ever met. He is very personable and actually went out of his way to talk to some of us extras (or Background Artists, as our 1st AD likes to call us, lol) while were waiting around on set. Anyways, I just wanted to give you all a little update. See you back on here in about a week. :wave:

Pongo

wbboy29 said:
Hey everyone!!! Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. But I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here in the Bahamas workng on the new films. I am having a amazing time, and have made some great friends. I will probably be returning home sometime next week. Unfortunately, do to a confidentiality agreement, I am not allowed to talk about the movies. But I can say they should be a lot of fun. Also I have to tell you that Jonny Depp has got to be the nicest celebrity I have ever met. He is very personable and actually went out of his way to talk to some of us extras (or Background Artists, as our 1st AD likes to call us, lol) while were waiting around on set. Anyways, I just wanted to give you all a little update. See you back on here in about a week. :wave:

Sound's like it's been a blast!

SirNim

wbboy29 said:
Hey everyone!!! Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. But I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here in the Bahamas workng on the new films...
Wow! :eek: Cool!:sohappy:

LouDisney

I love Johnny Depp, so glad you got to meet him and it's good to hear he is so nice. I have always heard that he was. Glad you are having a great time. What a wonderful experience. Have fun and have a safe trip home :D

Dizknee_Phreek

wbboy29 said:
Also I have to tell you that Johnny Depp has got to be the nicest celebrity I have ever met. He is very personable and actually went out of his way to talk to some of us extras (or Background Artists, as our 1st AD likes to call us, lol) while were waiting around on set.
Friggin awesome, dude! I don't even know what to say, that's so awesome! ;)
I love to hear how wonderful a person Johnny is. It makes me proud to be living in his hometown. Good for him for staying true to himself. :)
It's great to hear you're having such a wonderful time during this once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity! I can't wait until you can give us a full account!
Enjoy the rest of your time in the Bahamas, and have a safe trip home!

imagineer boy

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Friggin awesome, dude! I don't even know what to say, that's so awesome! ;)
I love to hear how wonderful a person Johnny is. It makes me proud to be living in his hometown. Good for him for staying true to himself. :)
It's great to hear you're having such a wonderful time during this once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity! I can't wait until you can give us a full account!
Enjoy the rest of your time in the Bahamas, and have a safe trip home!

Wow, you live in his hometown? The only famous people that came from my hometown her in Kirkwood Missouri is just Scott Bakula and David Sandborn. And I'm pretty sure no one here knows who the heck they are.:lol: :hammer:

Dizknee_Phreek

imagineer boy said:
Wow, you live in his hometown? The only famous people that came from my hometown her in Kirkwood Missouri is just Scott Bakula and David Sandborn. And I'm pretty sure no one here knows who the heck they are.:lol: :hammer:
Heh, yeah, I do :) Sad thing is, they do very little to recognize that fact around here. It's almost like that don't want anyone knowing. Oh well. He still has family around here, I think, so maybe that's why.
Of course people know who Scott Bakula is! Or, at least, my sister and I do. He used to be pretty big back in the days of Quantum Leap. My sister says she's heard of David Sandborn, but neither of us are too sure of who he is.

wbboy29

Original Poster
WDWSwashbuckler said:
Are you in St. Vincent where the old set was?

Nope Freeport, Grand Bahama. We are filming all the open ocean scenes here in a water tank that was built for the movies.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Last night was the cast and crew wrap party. It was so much fun. Disney bought out a uber nice Chinese restuarant and had all the food and drink we wanted. It was a blast. Not only did I get to hang out with a bunch of my friends I have made down here but I also got to have my picture taken with Orlando, Keira, Jerry Bruckhiemer, Gore Verbinski, and Kate Bosworth (the new Lois Lane). It was an awesome night and a great farewell to our time down here in the Bahamas. Anyways, thanks again everyone. I should be home in about 4-5 days. Till then........:wave:

imagineer boy

Wow! So I guess that means they're oficially done filming the movies. That's great to hear. Now, bring on the post production!

Man, you got to get your picture taken with Keira... I am so jealous.

rainfully

Hey! I have a friend who has been down in the Bahamas filming for POTC 2 & 3... I wonder if you've met him! How cool! :) He's been down there for a week or two now. He should be home soon! And I can't wait to hear all his stories.. :lol:

imagineer99

wbboy29 said:
Nope Freeport, Grand Bahama. We are filming all the open ocean scenes here in a water tank that was built for the movies.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Last night was the cast and crew wrap party. It was so much fun. Disney bought out a uber nice Chinese restuarant and had all the food and drink we wanted. It was a blast. Not only did I get to hang out with a bunch of my friends I have made down here but I also got to have my picture taken with Orlando, Keira, Jerry Bruckhiemer, Gore Verbinski, and Kate Bosworth (the new Lois Lane). It was an awesome night and a great farewell to our time down here in the Bahamas. Anyways, thanks again everyone. I should be home in about 4-5 days. Till then........:wave:

Very cool. Is Gore Verbinski nice? He seems like he's got a bright future ahead of him as a director...

Kwit35

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?! I am soooo excited for you! What a great experience. Do they need any girl pirates for the next movie?

wbboy29

Original Poster
Hey everyone, well I am finally back home. Actually I've been home for a couple weeks now. But I've been just relaxing and taking it easy while I readjust back to the "real world," lol. The entire experience was incredible. This was my first movie ever, but hopefully not my last. As I said before unfortunately I can't talk about the movies do to contracts and such that we signed, but I can tell they seem like they are going to amazing. Everyone on the set was so nice and I made a ton of great friends.

We all had a great time on set and off. One of the best things I did off set was learning to scuba dive. I never thought I would scuba in my life. I really never had an interest. Of course it could be the fact that I have had a fear of the ocean ever since I saw "Jaws" as a kid, LOL. But a big group of my fellow actors from the movie decided it would be fun to do it so I gave in and went along. Peer presure really sucks sometimes, haha. There were about 15 of us guys from the movie who did it. For those of us who had never dived before we first learned how to do it in a pool early that morning. Then we were taken out to do a reaf dive shortly after. After the reaf dive we took a couple hours to have lunch and relax at the beach. Now, the really cool part happened that afternoon. And remember this is coming from the guy who hated the open ocean ever since I saw "Jaws." But after lunch we all were taken out for one more dive...........a SHARK dive, :eek: :lol: . Yep, you read that correctly, and shark dive. No nets, no cages, nothing but us and about a dozen 7-9 foot long sharks. The crazy thing was, they weren't even interested in us. There were times when some of the sharks came inches away from my face and never even bothered us. That was, for sure, one of the best experiences of my life. I never thought I would scuba but now that I have I can't wait to do it again :sohappy: .

Well I guess that's it for now. The entire experience was so incredible. But now I have to wait over a year to see if I even make it on the big screen. Everything I filmed was for part 3 which won't be out till summer '07. But at least I can say I did it, and had a great time. Oh, I included a few pics from the wrap party of me with Orlando & Jerry Bruckheimer, Kiera, Kate Bosworth, and Gore Verbinski. I hope you enjoy them. :wave:

Orlando_Jerry.jpg

KateBosworth.jpg

p22501912.jpg

p22501902.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom