Pre-Trip I'm Going Going, Back Back, to Poly Poly

I am roughly halfway through my TR from last month so what better time to begin planning a new trip.

When? November (3 days so far but we will be adding two additional days)

Where? Polynesian

Who? My Mother ( @luvinthemajik ) and I.....again.

IMG_20170828_155917.jpg

We are hoping my father may join if his work schedule allows. We will also try and convince my brother to let us bring his daughter since she has an AP. It will require her missing a few days of school though. And for anybody wondering why my wife has not been on the trips with me, its because she is going Italy with her Mom for 2.5 weeks in October. She used all her vacation time for their trip. But she has requested that her and I take a trip early next year (January or Feb) and wants to return to Yacht Club and stay on Club Level, so I better start saving my lunch money. She is a Disney snob (in a good way) but it is all Yacht Clubs fault! When we first stayed there (many moons ago), they upgraded us to Club Level and from then on she was hooked.

We have 3 days in a studio at Poly DVC. Waiting for two additional days at Poly or we may do a split stay and get 2 days at one of the Boardwalk Resorts. Its been a few years since I stayed at Poly. Mom and I stayed at BLT in August and seriously enjoyed it. Now we are on to the next monorail resort. Very excited to try the new DVC rooms and hopefully have a meet and greet with the O-town Ambassador ( @blgauger ) and her fiance. They shafted me in June when they saw me on the bus at AKL, hahaha

That is all for now. Will post updates as they come along. Have a great day everyone!

blreinsel

Very excited to try the new DVC rooms and hopefully have a meet and greet with the O-town Ambassador ( @blgauger ) and her fiance. They shafted me in June when they saw me on the bus at AKL, hahaha

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Literally LOL'd. I'm only making room in my busy life as the Queen of Kissimmee so we can talk about your job and how I wish it was mine. Also... Pina Colavas.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just completed my TR of my August trip with my mom at BLT. Time to update this bad boy.

This trip now has a lot of emoitonal ups and downs for me and mom and dad. The last week of our lives has been an absolutely terrifying time. I hesitated bringing this up on the forums as I dont want to bum anybody out but you guys/gals are like family to me and I could definitely use a place to release some emotion. As I mentioned before, my wife and her mother were going to Italy for a few weeks in October. They were all set to go last week and headed to the airport. They were sending me pictures from the restaurant inside the terminal and they were so excited and ready to begin their long awaited trip. It was appx two hours before their flight took off. After few fun pics of food and hanging out, I get a text from my wife asking to call her ASAP. She sent a photo of her mom surrounded by medical staff at the airport. She was having trouble breathing and her face had become very flush. They arrived and her blood pressure and heart rate were through the roof. She was not nervous about flying. She has flown her whole life and even worked in the aviation industry. Something was very wrong.

They advised her she would not be able to fly and she needed to get to the hospital. The hospital by her house is the absolute best in Ga and her and my wife made their way back home. Well, after arriving at the hospital and a day or two of tests, they told us she had lung cancer. Just typing that out makes me want to punch something as it still seems unreal to me and my emotions are all over the place. After another few days of tests, they learned that the cancer was stage 4. For anybody that is unaware what that means, it is terminal. We are now awaiting the results of a biopsy to determine how long she will have. This is all so crazy to me. I feel so lost and helpless but I have to be strong for my wife and mother in law. She is a very strong woman and is remaining positive. That is all we can do right now.

Sorry to bring bad news to the PTR but I really needed a place to talk about it or at least get it off my chest. Mom and I discussed not going since things will be crazy the next few weeks with treatments starting. I talked to my wife and she did not want us to cancel the trip. I know her mother wouldnt either. But if need be, I will stay home to help if they need me.

On a more positive note, her and her mom discussed taking a Disney trip after the first round of chemo just so they can get away and relax and still be close to home. Her mom really wants to check out AKL so I have begun looking to set up a reservation for them for December during her break from treatments. Planning a trip for them has helped relieve some stress as it allows me do something to help out.

So thats it for now. Again, sorry for so much sadness but we will keeping a positive attitude and praying for God to guide us through this.

krause

Oh no! I was so excited to see an update to your PTR but this is horrible news. So sorry for you and your family. Hopefully you will still be able to enjoy your trip and be able to plan an amazing trip for your wife and her mom.

Figaro Family

I'm so sorry! I 'm trying not to cry reading your story. I absolutely know how you feel. A cancer diagnosis out of nowhere is bad enough but to find out that it is stage 4 already makes you feel so helpless. The same thing happened to us with my mom's pancreatic cancer. One minute life is good and the next you don't know what the h*** is going on! My husband was almost closer to my mom than his own so it hit him hard too. You sound like a wonderful supportive husband just keep doing what you're doing!

SSH

What a horrible feeling that must have been to get that "call asap" text (you probably got a sinking feeling right there that something was wrong), then see that pic...and everything else after.

My condolences as well. It's bad enough when someone gets gravely ill...but it's horrifying when it happens so suddenly and violently - in an airport embarking on vacation, of all times and places! That's just insane.

Your poor wife - she must have felt so scared and panicked. Sadly, I've been there myself. It's not easy, but try to make sure you also take care of yourselves and each other through all this. Stress can do some serious damage physically - and her mom needs you both to stay healthy.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My heart goes out to you, your wife, and your mother-in-law. (I work in a hospital, and Stage 4 is a frightening piece of news for anyone to hear.) At least they were able to get her to a highly rated hospital that you're familiar with, and that's half the battle right there.

Having followed your various TRs over the past few years, I recall you mentioning just how close your wife is with her mother. I can only imagine how sad they must be, dealing with all this.

Glad you were comfortable enough to share this news with us, as it's helpful to release some anxiety. Sending my thoughts and prayers to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom