Pre-Trip I'm Going Going, Back Back, to Poly Poly

I am roughly halfway through my TR from last month so what better time to begin planning a new trip.

When? November (3 days so far but we will be adding two additional days)

Where? Polynesian

Who? My Mother ( @luvinthemajik ) and I.....again.

IMG_20170828_155917.jpg

We are hoping my father may join if his work schedule allows. We will also try and convince my brother to let us bring his daughter since she has an AP. It will require her missing a few days of school though. And for anybody wondering why my wife has not been on the trips with me, its because she is going Italy with her Mom for 2.5 weeks in October. She used all her vacation time for their trip. But she has requested that her and I take a trip early next year (January or Feb) and wants to return to Yacht Club and stay on Club Level, so I better start saving my lunch money. She is a Disney snob (in a good way) but it is all Yacht Clubs fault! When we first stayed there (many moons ago), they upgraded us to Club Level and from then on she was hooked.

We have 3 days in a studio at Poly DVC. Waiting for two additional days at Poly or we may do a split stay and get 2 days at one of the Boardwalk Resorts. Its been a few years since I stayed at Poly. Mom and I stayed at BLT in August and seriously enjoyed it. Now we are on to the next monorail resort. Very excited to try the new DVC rooms and hopefully have a meet and greet with the O-town Ambassador ( @blgauger ) and her fiance. They shafted me in June when they saw me on the bus at AKL, hahaha

That is all for now. Will post updates as they come along. Have a great day everyone!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry to hear about your mom in law. It is good to have a place to vent, and I say vent away my friend! Sending you all of the pixie dust and prayers I can muster to give you comfort during this time.
Ughh...so sorry to hear this!! I hope you MIL does get to get away for a little bit :(
So sorry to hear that. I will keep your mother in law & all your family in my prayers.
So sorry to hear this. We will keep your family in our prayers.
So sorry to hear about your mother in law. Please vent as much as you like or need to. Wishing you and your whole family all the best during this difficult time.
Oh no! I was so excited to see an update to your PTR but this is horrible news. So sorry for you and your family. Hopefully you will still be able to enjoy your trip and be able to plan an amazing trip for your wife and her mom.
I am so very sorry to hear about your mother in law! Sending you all lots of prayers and Disney magic!!
praying for you and your family.
I'm so sorry! I 'm trying not to cry reading your story. I absolutely know how you feel. A cancer diagnosis out of nowhere is bad enough but to find out that it is stage 4 already makes you feel so helpless. The same thing happened to us with my mom's pancreatic cancer. One minute life is good and the next you don't know what the h*** is going on! My husband was almost closer to my mom than his own so it hit him hard too. You sound like a wonderful supportive husband just keep doing what you're doing!
What a horrible feeling that must have been to get that "call asap" text (you probably got a sinking feeling right there that something was wrong), then see that pic...and everything else after.

My condolences as well. It's bad enough when someone gets gravely ill...but it's horrifying when it happens so suddenly and violently - in an airport embarking on vacation, of all times and places! That's just insane.

Your poor wife - she must have felt so scared and panicked. Sadly, I've been there myself. It's not easy, but try to make sure you also take care of yourselves and each other through all this. Stress can do some serious damage physically - and her mom needs you both to stay healthy.
My heart goes out to you, your wife, and your mother-in-law. (I work in a hospital, and Stage 4 is a frightening piece of news for anyone to hear.) At least they were able to get her to a highly rated hospital that you're familiar with, and that's half the battle right there.

Having followed your various TRs over the past few years, I recall you mentioning just how close your wife is with her mother. I can only imagine how sad they must be, dealing with all this.

Glad you were comfortable enough to share this news with us, as it's helpful to release some anxiety. Sending my thoughts and prayers to all.
Praying for your entire family.
So sorry to hear about your mom-in-law. :(
So sorry to hear about your mother in law. Thought are with your family.
Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It means more to me than you know. All my energy has gone into keeping my wife and MIL as happy as possible and being able to talk about here was a good relief. It is a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful community.

On a more pleasant note, my Mother in law is back at home and resting well. She was released from the hospital yesterday and is happy to be back at her house with her family and pets. My wife is staying with her for the time being and it will be fun to begin planning their Disney trip for December.

I spoke with my mom yesterday about our trip. My sister and her boys will be joining us since her birthday is during our trip. My sisters two boys are always a hoot to be with at Disney and Im looking forward to spending some time with them.

I spoke with my wife about me leaving for Disney and what she thinks.. She seemed confident that it shouldnt be an issue. Our trip should fall in between her moms chemo treatments so they will have some down time to relax while we travel. So for now we are proceeding as originally planned. We are trying to get a BoG reservation for my sisters birthday which should be tricky on short notice. Hopefully we can get it, if not we will find another spot. I am very much looking forward to staying at Poly and enjoying the resort and many, many beers hahaha.
Thanks for following along and again, Thank you so much for all your support for our family. You guys/gals are the best! Have a blessed day everyone!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It means more to me than you know. All my energy has gone into keeping my wife and MIL as happy as possible and being able to talk about here was a good relief. It is a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful community.

On a more pleasant note, my Mother in law is back at home and resting well. She was released from the hospital yesterday and is happy to be back at her house with her family and pets. My wife is staying with her for the time being and it will be fun to begin planning their Disney trip for December.

I spoke with my mom yesterday about our trip. My sister and her boys will be joining us since her birthday is during our trip. My sisters two boys are always a hoot to be with at Disney and Im looking forward to spending some time with them.

I spoke with my wife about me leaving for Disney and what she thinks.. She seemed confident that it shouldnt be an issue. Our trip should fall in between her moms chemo treatments so they will have some down time to relax while we travel. So for now we are proceeding as originally planned. We are trying to get a BoG reservation for my sisters birthday which should be tricky on short notice. Hopefully we can get it, if not we will find another spot. I am very much looking forward to staying at Poly and enjoying the resort and many, many beers hahaha.
Thanks for following along and again, Thank you so much for all your support for our family. You guys/gals are the best! Have a blessed day everyone!

Happy to hear the upbeat news that your mother-in-law is home from the hospital. And, for her and your wife to be planning a little getaway trip to WDW in December, is just what the doctor ordered!! :happy:

gdisneyfans

Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Thoughts and prayers to your entire family. Stay strong for your wife, she'll need it. I went through a cancer battle with my mom and my husband was my rock and couldn't imagine going through all of that with out him. Take care.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Only saw today that I wasn't yet following along and was so sad to hear about your MIL. At least she was still at the airport and close to home when it happened so she was able to quickly have her family support system around her. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I hope your able to organize an awesome stay for your MIL at AKL (my absolute favorite resort!) so that she and your wife can make some great memories.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin....

Oh hey, I didnt see you there. I was just singing one of my favorite William Joel songs since I am super happy due to the fact that I HAVE DISNEY TRIP PLANS!!!!!!!

Ok, so as you can probably guess, I did not go "Back Back to Poly Poly" in November as originally planned. The trip was postponed due to all the craziness my wife and I have had with our schedules. I cant thank all of you enough for the many kind words and thoughts and prayers. You guys and gals truly are the best! I mean it. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!:)

My wife is basically living at her Moms house currently (she lives about 45 minutes away) so she can be her caretaker and spend as much time with her as possible. She (my wife) works for Chanel and they have been absolutely AMAZING and allowed her to take a leave of absence to be with her Mom. That really helped my wife not stress about work. She comes home on the weekends so we can spend time together and I make trips up to visit with them when I can. Her Mom has started her treatments which gives us somewhat of a schedule to work around. As I mentioned before, I wanted to plan a December trip for them but her Mom wanted to wait until Spring and she was further along with treatments and not dealing with the struggle of adjusting to everything.

So, my wife being the great woman she is, told me it would be ok if I book a new trip since ive been working basically 7 days a week (which is fine because I LOVE my work) but could use a quick beak to recharge and she has things more under control with her schedule. Her giving me the ok was basically an early Christmas gift, lol. So I began my quest to book a trip! December was basically a wash because pretty much every resort that I would want is booked solid and forget about trying to get a DVC room since they have been booked up for months. But yesterday morning I was looking at AP rates for January and...........

I was able to get Beach Club at $255 per night!!!! Thats the lowest I have seen in years! I know January is always less expensive but I dont recall it being that low in recent years.

I booked the second week in January to avoid the crowds hanging out after New Years and I think there is a marathon or some event in the first week of Jan as well. I got a standard view which is fine by me. Ive booked standard before at BC and it was not bad at all and maybe if its not too busy I can get an upgrade at check in, if not no big deal.

As usual, its just me going as of now, but I told my parents they are welcome to join me (which they probly will). My Dad fell in love with AKL when we stayed in June and has been holding out for a Jambo House DVC but its been booked solid expect for a random day or two here and there. He may have to suck it up and deal with BC, haha!

So get ready for more beer pics than you could possibly imagine! I am looking forward to a frosty Green Grog Ale (or two) in Pandora and slamming down a few cold ones at Crews Cup with some NFL playoff action!!!

IMG_20170828_195457.jpg

And dont worry, @Tuvalu I will definitely make a few stops at the one and only
Tambooo Lounge, :rolleyes: (please dont put me on ignore:angelic:)

IMG_20170614_213341.jpg

Since I wont be able to trade beers with @lostpro9het or @Zipitidoda I guess Ill just pay $7 per Golden Monkey at Dawa Bar again.

IMG_20170830_105116.jpg

Hopefully I will finally get to meet the O-town Ambassador @blgauger and Dylan (we need to give him a title). And just to avoid any conspiracy theories, I will tag @amjt660 :D:D:D -----and a big thank you to everyone else following along (I dont have time to tag everybody but I luv ya all!!)

More updates to come and thank you again for all your kind words. Have a great day everyone!

12in12

I am happy to hear your mother in law is doing as well as can be expected and making plans for spring. How wonderful that your wife is able to take care of her mother without the stress of trying to juggle work.
Your new trip sounds like a lot of fun, walking distance to EPCOT is a good thing with your love of beers.;)

blreinsel

Hopefully I will finally get to meet the O-town Ambassador @blgauger and Dylan (we need to give him a title).

Lol :hilarious: He does sound pretty lame next to a title like mine. :p I was just thinking about your trip the other day and thought maybe I had imagined that you were supposed to be coming in November. Glad you got everything sorted out and have another trip on the books! Pina Colavas at TAMBU Lounge are a go! :D:cool:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's good that your wife can help out her mom. A long time ago (around the time you proposed to her--a "classic" TR !!), you had mentioned how close they were. Glad to hear that her employer allowed her a leave of absence to be with her.

As for you, I'm really happy to hear that you have another trip planned. And $255 at the Beach Club? :jawdrop: That's unheard of--good for you!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am happy to hear your mother in law is doing as well as can be expected and making plans for spring. How wonderful that your wife is able to take care of her mother without the stress of trying to juggle work.
Your new trip sounds like a lot of fun, walking distance to EPCOT is a good thing with your love of beers.;)
Thanks! I definitely like being within walking distance of WS!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again....you both are like pesky little brothers that I adore anyway.
You are the best:):happy::)
Lol :hilarious: He does sound pretty lame next to a title like mine. :p I was just thinking about your trip the other day and thought maybe I had imagined that you were supposed to be coming in November. Glad you got everything sorted out and have another trip on the books! Pina Colavas at TAMBU Lounge are a go! :D:cool:
Maybe we can call Dylan the "Disney Golf Guru"? lol, We will work on it. And Pina Colovas sound great (Ill have a beer). Look forward to meeting you guys! There is a chance I may slightly adjust the dates and my wife will join me. She came home yesterday and we took Akira out with us all day to eat and drink around the local square. One of our spots is an Irish pub that feels like it should be at World Showcase with the traditional music and food and it definitely gave her the Disney bug. I was showing her your IG story and how you guys were celebrating Mickeys b-day. That definitely helped!
Where have I been, I've been away too long. My heart hurts for you and your wife. Praying for you.

I can't make it for a beer exchange but maybe you could try that awesome octopus since @lostpro9het has a fear of little fishes. :) I'm just kidding, I wouldn't try it either :hungover: Seafood makes me gag.
Thank you for the kind words. And Ill join @lostpro9het in skipping the octopus. I do not eat seafood as it creeps me out. I just picture all the fish swimming around the ocean filled with all the pee and poop from all the sea animals, lol. I also saw a story yesterday how shrimp are in the same species family as roaches. It had side by side pictures. Absolutely gross.
It's good that your wife can help out her mom. A long time ago (around the time you proposed to her--a "classic" TR !!), you had mentioned how close they were. Glad to hear that her employer allowed her a leave of absence to be with her.

As for you, I'm really happy to hear that you have another trip planned. And $255 at the Beach Club? :jawdrop: That's unheard of--good for you!!
That really was a "classic" TR. Definitely one of the most crazy and fun trips I have had. And yes, $255/night at BC is still making me smile, lol.

dclfan

I was just thinking about you and your family the other day. Glad to hear your wife was able to take time off of work and make spending time with her Mom her number one priority.

Happy that you have another trip on the calendar. I look forward to reading all about it.

blreinsel

Maybe we can call Dylan the "Disney Golf Guru"? lol, We will work on it. And Pina Colovas sound great (Ill have a beer). Look forward to meeting you guys! There is a chance I may slightly adjust the dates and my wife will join me. She came home yesterday and we took Akira out with us all day to eat and drink around the local square. One of our spots is an Irish pub that feels like it should be at World Showcase with the traditional music and food and it definitely gave her the Disney bug. I was showing her your IG story and how you guys were celebrating Mickeys b-day. That definitely helped!

I think he'd be satisfied with that title. :p You can help Dylan find a good beer at Tambu... he never knows what to get and then gets flustered with the bartender waiting on him to decide since I obviously know what I'm having right away. :rolleyes: I saw your adventure on your story and thought the same thing... it would be an awesome WS pavilion! I was also gagging at Akira's treats. :hungover::hilarious: Though I would love to take Tink into that shop.

I'm so excited for January and the low crowds that everybody keeps talking about. Put that into your proposal to get your wife to tag along. ;) Crowds are TERRIBLE right now. :grumpy:

Zipadeelady

Thank you for the kind words. And Ill join @lostpro9het in skipping the octopus. I do not eat seafood as it creeps me out. I just picture all the fish swimming around the ocean filled with all the pee and poop from all the sea animals, lol. I also saw a story yesterday how shrimp are in the same species family as roaches. It had side by side pictures. Absolutely gross.
:hilarious: I've heard that about shrimp too. :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom