I'm getting killed on airfare!!!

redfive13

I finally figured out my 5/1-5/7 trip to WDW (nothing like waiting till the last minute!)

But the airfare from Boston to Orlando is NUTS!!!! I feel like I've tried every option, but can't do much better than $1060.00 for 3 tickets.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for finding good airfare? I need to book it today...

slappy magoo

I finally figured out my 5/1-5/7 trip to WDW (nothing like waiting till the last minute!)

But the airfare from Boston to Orlando is NUTS!!!! I feel like I've tried every option, but can't do much better than $1060.00 for 3 tickets.

Anyone have any tips or tricks for finding good airfare? I need to book it today...

go to www.jetblue.com NOW
EDIT: Never mind, I can't do mental math. best prices there are still around 1060 for 3 tix.
EDIT #2: Travleoity has jetblue flights that'll save you about 100 bucks off of jetblue's website prices, but tix are almost sold out.
http://travel.travelocity.com/fligh...9&navigatorMode=rowheaderallnonstop#navigator

Upvote 0

Yensid40

Hey there...

Did you try Manchester NH or Providence RI? I don't know where you are in MA but those sometimes are good options.

Let's compare real fast. I booked my tickets in November. We fly Thursday 4-28 and come back Wednesday 5-5. I am paying the same price, but for 5 people.

I think a lot of it has to do when you book. Give a look at the other two airports if you are able to get there. I flew Manchester to another place recently and I loved it. No stress like at Logan.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

redfive13

Original Poster
I'm in Worcester, so Manchester could be a long trip. But I'm going to look into it now...

It doesn't help that I'm booking last minute!!!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Southwest is about the cheapest you will find. Based on a quick look at their website, looks like that is where you go the price below before taxes.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

I always book Southwest out of Manchester. Usually cheaper and a direct flight which I prefer. Also useful if you fly them often: they allow you to rebook for free if the cost of the ticket goes down. The difference is credited to you for the future to use within one year.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I know Worcester to Providence can be kind of a hike (I'm from East Taunton, so I am centrally located between TFGreen and Logan). We're going down the last week of April and we snagged non stop round trip flights from PVD to MCO for $89 each way (we did Monday - Monday trip). Plus without the baggage fees its so much cheaper. If you're up to it I would check from TFGreen.

Upvote 0

redfive13

Original Poster
Well I guess it kind of is what it is at this point, right?

There are some better deals out there, but the reality of the situation is that I'm also traveling with a 19 month old who doesn't like to sit still for long. So booking a flight with a bunch of stops isn't going to work for us.

On the bright side... I am going to Disney in 16 days!!

So even though I'll get slammed with high airfare, life could be worse...

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

As a former travel agent, I absolutely hate how the whole airfare pricing system works. One minute it's a great price, the next it isn't... one day it's cheaper out of one airport, the next another. There are all kinds of little tips and ideas on how to find the best airfare, when to book, etc... but there end up being more exceptions to the rule than it is sometimes worth.

To the OP: best of luck, and if you find a flight at a decent price that works for you - book it then and there! Hope you have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As a former travel agent, I absolutely hate how the whole airfare pricing system works. One minute it's a great price, the next it isn't... one day it's cheaper out of one airport, the next another. There are all kinds of little tips and ideas on how to find the best airfare, when to book, etc... but there end up being more exceptions to the rule than it is sometimes worth.

To the OP: best of luck, and if you find a flight at a decent price that works for you - book it then and there! Hope you have a great trip :wave:
As a current travel agent I can totally relate. I would rather book 20 week long grand gatherings complete with dining reservations and photo secessions that a single flight. Every time you think you have it figured out it changes again.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

If possible try checking the day before...Maybe you can fly out the night before and have an extra night at Disney. I had the same issue booking my flight. Everything going out of LGA or JFK was $225 and up! Then one morning i got an email from Orbitz about a sale...and the same flight was down to $172....booked 3 right away. I know what you mean about trying not to do layovers with a 19 month old My son is 2.5 and we've been to Disney twice...and I refuse to do layovers! There is no way!!! Try to search a bit more and remember if you do book through Orbitz and the price lowers they refund you the difference...so that's one good thing about them.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

You should try living in a smaller city in Canada. Typically from my hometown it's $600 to $900 return. I got lucky the last 2 times with seat sales at about $450 per person. That's the lowest I've ever seen...ever!

Still...worth every penny for a visit to WDW. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom