I'm appalled! No hue and cry about a price being increased?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The majority of people posting on this forum have never used the VIP tours, nor do they plan on doing so. So an increase in price doesn't really concern them.
We care about as much as we do about what the Naht-a-zoo is feeding the gibbons... only to the point where what they eat might ultimately wind up on the path in front of us... or on US for that matter...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am really curious about the "value" offered by the VIP guides? Can anyone speak to a little about what they do? They get some line hopping privileges, but what else?

I was down during probowl weekend and saw lots of guided groups -- including several just stuck in lines like the rest of us.
Main benefit of the VIP guide is unlimited rides via the FastPass queue, they can also arrange transport via backstage if you want quick park-hopping too without using the front gate.

But some of the groups you see in the park might be the standard tours (such as Keys to the Kingdom etc).

There really isn’t a “value” standard to be applied to this...so in essence Mom Is right. This is basic coffee house chatter.

I do have to question the concept of “my time is so valuable...I can’t wait in line for splash, big thunder, and still make “wishes”...or whatever it’s called now.

Disney fans have always “overvalued” their time in the real world context of where they are/what they are doing...

So it leads to overpayments. Disney loves that

Hank Hill

The majority of people posting on this forum have never used the VIP tours, nor do they plan on doing so. So an increase in price doesn't really concern them.
So you are saying us lowly slobs can't discuss and should not concern ourselves about what our betters do since we can't afford it? Nice.

I think it concerns people who wonder about the state of the company, which comes up often on this site. The state and price of VIP services could correlate in other areas of service, price, and wait times at the parks and is completely valid to discuss in a forum about all things Disney.

TrainsOfDisney

Oh I’ve used them... just haven’t paid for them ;). The real vips have them provided for free. (im not a vip, I just work for them).

$12/hr for the plaids... No, that's not true.

Not even close, especially when you factor in what they get in tips, which is considerable.

I didn’t realize I was supposed to tip “the plaid” that renewed my AP at city hall. Do said “plaids” fight over who gets the tipped Vs. non-tipped gigs? Maybe that’s why “the plaids” at the front gate always look so miserable.

“The plaids” sounds so degrading. It reminds me of “the plastics” from mean girls at best.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So you are saying us lowly slobs can't discuss and should not concern ourselves about what our betters do since we can't afford it? Nice.

I think it concerns people who wonder about the state of the company, which comes up often on this site. The state and price of VIP services could correlate in other areas of service, price, and wait times at the parks and is completely valid to discuss in a forum about all things Disney.

Wow, you must be fun at parties...... Mom literally said none of that. Mom made a comment about a theory in why forum members are not up in arms about the price increase. Calm down, patcha.

mgf

There really isn’t a “value” standard to be applied to this...so in essence Mom Is right. This is basic coffee house chatter.

I do have to question the concept of “my time is so valuable...I can’t wait in line for splash, big thunder, and still make “wishes”...or whatever it’s called now.

Disney fans have always “overvalued” their time in the real world context of where they are/what they are doing...

So it leads to overpayments. Disney loves that

Value was imprecise. I should have said "defined benefits and services" beyond line hoping. Apparently backstage to backstage transportation between parks is another.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Value was imprecise. I should have said "defined benefits and services" beyond line hoping. Apparently backstage to backstage transportation between parks is another.
Your post was fine...legit question...I was just incorporating into a general “state of affairs” type thing

Benjamin_Nicholas

Oh I’ve used them... just haven’t paid for them ;). The real vips have them provided for free. (im not a vip, I just work for them).

I didn’t realize I was supposed to tip “the plaid” that renewed my AP at city hall. Do said “plaids” fight over who gets the tipped Vs. non-tipped gigs? Maybe that’s why “the plaids” at the front gate always look so miserable.

“The plaids” sounds so degrading. It reminds me of “the plastics” from mean girls at best.

Your posts make me chuckle.

Clearly, you have no clue about how the VIP really program works, that the guides regularly call themselves 'the plaids' and, yes, that it's considered bad form spending 8+ hours with a private guide and not leaving them a tip.

Tom P.

We can afford a trip to Walt Disney World. We can't afford VIP tours. And I find nothing offensive in @The Mom's statement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Never said that. Weak attempt at manipulating the conversation to compensate for your lack of knowledge. Stay on topic.

I've had the same guide for years and have always left him 25%.
That’s you...and proves really nothing.

The topic is a spitball...nobody is considering buying a “tour” of the stuff we’ve seen dozens if not hundreds of times. It’s just abstract.

BoarderPhreak

Got that right. Personally... Never been on one, never will be on one - no desire to be on one, either.

awoogala

I won a VIP tour once, for 8 hours, as part of a trip I won.
We were family of the day, opened the park, and were already overwhelmed..
We had no prior knowledge and were "surprised" with a VIP guide. Not knowing what it was about, we didn't have a plan of action or any clue. We squandered a bit of time, but got to walk into the fp line of everything good at 3 different parks, had backstage SUV service from one park to the next, and got instant "reservations" at a restaurant.
If I had known in advance, I might have had a better plan, and hit even more stuff. The poor guide was flustered, because he had to try to explain what and who he was, and what we could do, etc. It was also weird eating lunch with a stranger.
The whole thing was cool, but uncomfortable (I had little, anxious kids, who were kind of freaked out about going on rides with a stranger).
I did not tip (I couldn't have afforded to back then- we won this trip right when we could not afford to go back to Disney with small kids).
Now I feel awful that tipping is pretty accepted for plaids.

Benjamin_Nicholas

The topic is a spitball...nobody is considering buying a “tour” of the stuff we’ve seen dozens if not hundreds of times. It’s just abstract.

Actually, no... You asked a question (gratuity-based) and I answered it. No harm, no foul. Just facts.

Spitballing is fine: That's what makes discussion forums run :)

However, on the subjects I have first-hand knowledge about, I have no problem stepping up and posting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom