IllumiNations New Preshow Music

Jerm

Just to clear up things it is still the 1999 loop as of Saturday night and Thursday night. I don't know what people were hearing on Friday night but the old loop is the current music!

tirian

Just to clear up things it is still the 1999 loop as of Saturday night and Thursday night. I don't know what people were hearing on Friday night but the old loop is the current music!
Crazy things do happen. I've heard the Main Street loop playing in part of Adventureland, and absolute silence in Tomorrowland. Neither error lasted more than one or two minutes. I didn't know it was possible, but yeah, it happens.

I was very disappointed when the common areas of Future World East started playing the Innoventions music loudly instead of the old EPCOT Center BGM. That change happened about a year ago. :(

Tom Morrow

The annoying thing about the Innoventions music is that it is only 25-ish minutes long. Loops for common areas in general should be around an hour, minimum.

JimboJones123

Sadly, the globe isnt big enough to be able to watch the video projections easily.

I like the music but thats about it....
Yeah, honestly I couldn't even tell you what's even on the globe screens, and I've seen the show countless times. One scene has giraffes, maybe?
I am pretty sure that it means something. It seems to. I guess? I have seen the globe dozens of times too. I think it also shows people of different races smiling. It sure is nice when they can show non whites in a montage with whites. And then a space shuttle goes off. Again, I am sure it means something, but the execution is so poor that I do not care. Oh, then the globe opens up like a flower, which, uh, um, yeah.... I don't get that part either. Am I supposed to get warm and fuzzies?

What about when they light the boat on fire? I bet that means something too. Especially since it burns for a long time, ya know, on fire and stuff.

Figment82

Thanks for the update on last night's loop. It was definitely the new loop on Friday night. Trust me, I know both loops very well. I'll have to head back over to Epcot some night this week and try again.

Rob562

The story of Reflections of Earth is NOT that hard to comprehend. In my opinion it is pretty straight forward. Seems to me you're the type of person who must have stuff spelled out in elementary form in order to understand it. Perhaps Wishes better suites your needs?

And if anyone DOES need to have things spelled out...
Scroll halfway down and read the Show Notes.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/reflections-of-earth.htm

-Rob

cspencer96

I am pretty sure that it means something. It seems to. I guess? I have seen the globe dozens of times too. I think it also shows people of different races smiling. It sure is nice when they can show non whites in a montage with whites. And then a space shuttle goes off. Again, I am sure it means something, but the execution is so poor that I do not care. Oh, then the globe opens up like a flower, which, uh, um, yeah.... I don't get that part either. Am I supposed to get warm and fuzzies?

What about when they light the boat on fire? I bet that means something too. Especially since it burns for a long time, ya know, on fire and stuff.
Well, maybe the link Rob posted will help you understand. Yes, you are supposed to get the "warm and fuzzies." It is incredibly touching and inspiring, and while that may be subjective, I have taken people to dinner and to see IllumiNations for the first time and they teared up without explanation. The atmosphere, the score, the incredible visuals, and the lack of a single Disney character - it's amazing. It embodies the spirit of Epcot that has been lost a lot recently: Inspiring optimism and unity, promoting a spirit of adventure and discovery. Epcot is (mostly was) about making people think and see things in a new light. Another interesting thing is that, while the story is very clear, it's meaning is open to interpretation. The beginning can be seen as the Big Bang, creation, any theory of origination. The middle can be seen as evolution at work, progress of humanity, or all together. The end is always positive, regardless of what events are taking place in the world right now. It just makes people feel good, and that is why, in my opinion, RoE only needs a technical refresh every once in a while. It doesn't need to be changed drastically, because it will always be relevant.

Last edited:

cspencer96

As much as I appreciate them for sponsoring the show, I have literally no idea what the Siemens company does other than make me giggle when I hear the name.
They try to let people know in the SSE post show, but even after watching all the videos there I still know nothing other than that our house was wired with Siemens equipment :rolleyes:

WDW Monorail

As much as I appreciate them for sponsoring the show, I have literally no idea what the Siemens company does other than make me giggle when I hear the name.

They do make ultrasound and sonogram equipment. :D
I'm familiar with there power generation side, first in assembly and now in application.
It's the European version of GE.

WDW Monorail

If ony they would go back to the shows original glory of bigger shells, louder bangs and the unique colours that were originally designed for Illuminations2000: reflections of earth. The fireworks used across property are somewhat disappointing these days - who needs Eco-friendly cheaper alternatives?!?!

It's ironic you say that since RoE has just started using the largest breaking and loudest Blue Shell of Shells at the end of Celebration that the show has ever used.
So much of the product in the show is quite a bit better than the stuff used years ago. Two HUGE improvements that I can immediately think of are the new version of the 3" ground shells in Chaos and new sets of beautifully colored mines and comets during Adventure. Beautiful farfalla shells are now being used in Celebration that replaced iffy looking ring shells from the early years. The finale shells are also incredibly nice right now as opposed to the variegated shells that were used for about 10 years.

JimboJones123

Well, maybe the link Rob posted will help you understand. Yes, you are supposed to get the "warm and fuzzies." It is incredibly touching and inspiring, and while that may be subjective, I have taken people to dinner and to see IllumiNations for the first time and they teared up without explanation. The atmosphere, the score, the incredible visuals, and the lack of a single Disney character - it's amazing. It embodies the spirit of Epcot that has been lost a lot recently: Inspiring optimism and unity, promoting a spirit of adventure and discovery. Epcot is (mostly was) about making people think and see things in a new light. Another interesting thing is that, while the story is very clear, it's meaning is open to interpretation. The beginning can be seen as the Big Bang, creation, any theory of origination. The middle can be seen as evolution at work, progress of humanity, or all together. The end is always positive, regardless of what events are taking place in the world right now. It just makes people feel good, and that is why, in my opinion, RoE only needs a technical refresh every once in a while. It doesn't need to be changed drastically, because it will always be relevant.
Well, I'm even more confused after reading that.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Does anyone know for sure what's going on? I'm a big fan of an alternating loop, but again, anyone know if this is going to be the case moving forward? Also why did they decide to make the pavilion lighting 'dance' with the music?

maxairmike

This whole preshow loop thing is really making me envision the plug-pulling scene in Airplane with a show tech CM sitting there pushing buttons instead of pulling the plug and saying "Just kidding!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom