IllumiNations New Preshow Music

PhotoDave219

Did IllumiNations get a new preshow?
A friend who's in EPCOT right now just sent me a sound text at 8:55 pm. The male announcer is the same but Sylvania has been dropped from the spiel. Also they were playing a song from Cusco that was in the old loop that ended in 2003. Anyone know anything about this? Martin??

Thats the original preshow music loop that debuted in 1999.

JimboJones123

Preshow music talk is neat and all, but are every going to actually add any firworks to this "firework" show?

The 8 minute emegency break in the middle of the show is a total beating.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
No he isn't! Many of us prefer the newer loop (it also has several mellow tracks too).
Thank you! I can't think of anything more soothing than a warm spring night in World Showcase Plaza, torches lit, frozen margharita in hand, slight breeze, and Tula by Cusco filling the air.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Preshow music talk is neat and all, but are every going to actually add any firworks to this "firework" show?

Depends on where you are. If you can't see the globe clearly the break won't make sense. I think the pacing in the show is absolutely perfect! Sooo much better than constant fireworks.

Nmoody1

I was there Tuesday and it was the new music. I miss the old music so much. I used to be a server at the Rose and Crown and in my head I knew where I had to be to have all my tables ready in time by that music!

The new per-show announcements were playing - and a new one at the end which was a bit mushy.

If ony they would go back to the shows original glory of bigger shells, louder bangs and the unique colours that were originally designed for Illuminations2000: reflections of earth. The fireworks used across property are somewhat disappointing these days - who needs Eco-friendly cheaper alternatives?!?!

PhotoDave219

If ony they would go back to the shows original glory of bigger shells, louder bangs and the unique colours that were originally designed for Illuminations2000: reflections of earth. The fireworks used across property are somewhat disappointing these days - who needs Eco-friendly cheaper alternatives?!?!

Its my understanding that the main supplier for those fireworks went out of business several years ago, hense the color/quality change.

Ask @marni1971 or @wdwmagic for the particulars.

And for the rest of you, can you be consistent with New vs Old? The old/classic loop played nightly from 1999-2005 and the new/dance party loop played nightly from 2005-2013. I cant figure out what 3/4s of you are talking about.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Its my understanding that the main supplier for those fireworks went out of business several years ago, hense the color/quality change.

Ask @marni1971 or @wdwmagic for the particulars.

And for the rest of you, can you be consistent with New vs Old? The old/classic loop played nightly from 1999-2005 and the new/dance party loop played nightly from 2005-2013. I cant figure out what 3/4s of you are talking about.
There have been a lot of issues with the suppliers over the years. Ranging from late deliveries, no deliveries, giving all they had to the China Olympics opening and forgetting everyone else, to faulty product. I understand that the current suppliers are delivering a lot more consistency now, while retaining a very similar look to the originals. There has been some reduction in quantity since the opening years however.

Funny about the pre show music. I remember when the second loop came in, and every missed the original. Now when the original returns people are missing the second. Just goes to prove a point LOL.

TheDisneyMagic

There have been a lot of issues with the suppliers over the years. Ranging from late deliveries, no deliveries, giving all they had to the China Olympics opening and forgetting everyone else, to faulty product. I understand that the current suppliers are delivering a lot more consistency now, while retaining a very similar look to the originals. There has been some reduction in quantity since the opening years however.

Funny about the pre show music. I remember when the second loop came in, and every missed the original. Now when the original returns people are missing the second. Just goes to prove a point LOL.
I was definitely one of those that missed the original when the current version come in to play. Now I have grown to love the current one as much as the original so glad to hear they are switching between the two.

hpyhnt 1000

RoE doesnt need more pyro; it has plenty as it is and uses more than any any other version of IllumiNations before it. As for the "8 minute" break (which is actually only about 4 minutes), that section could benefit from better fountains and/or maybe some projection effects on the pavilions, not more fireworks.

Nmoody1

RoE doesnt need more pyro; it has plenty as it is and uses more than any any other version of IllumiNations before it. As for the "8 minute" break (which is actually only about 4 minutes), that section could benefit from better fountains and/or maybe some projection effects on the pavilions, not more fireworks.

The current day version of Reflections of Earth uses way less pyro than the 2000-2001 versions.

Agree with better fountains and projections on the pavilions!

Tom Morrow

Yep, this. RoE is still my favorite of the nighttime shows at WDW... and in Orlando. There's plenty of pyro in RoE, and having a long dramatic pause is unique, but it could definitely stand to be enhanced.

On a side note, IllumiNations has been looking better and more full of pyro lately than it has the last couple of years.

cspencer96

Reflections of Earth is all about the story it tells, not the amount of shells it has. The 8 minute "break" is necessary to convey the time between the period of chaos in creating the universe, and the promise of an exciting future.

Tom Morrow

Yeah, honestly I couldn't even tell you what's even on the globe screens, and I've seen the show countless times. One scene has giraffes, maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom