Illuminations changes/New show rumor!

imagineersrock

Original Poster
goofyfan13 said:
Yea, Holiday Wishes was a quite impressive show. I think Peace on Earth has got the slight edge though, those last two minutes are quite powerful. Not saying Holiday Wishes isn't because I loved it, but Peace on Earth took the cake for me.
I agree, that Peace on Earth tag is simply fantastic.

1stStarIC2nite

dxwwf3 said:
Oh I agree. My jaw just hit the floor really hard when I saw that you typed "bring back" in a post :lol:

If I can be serious for a moment (not too long though), does anyone know the comparison to the amount of shells released in ROE vs. Peace on Earth? Maybe the globe sequence in ROE throws me off (or puts me to sleep), but I've always thought that ROE was way too short of actual fireworks. Does PoE actually let off more fireworks than ROE?

Do not quote me on this at all, but I heard ROE has about 1,000 in 1 show, which is roughly 12 minutes with "We Go On" and then the POE finale has a bout 800 which is only about 4 minutes.... can any one confirm that? Am I even close? :lol:

By the way... if anyone wants to see a video of it there's a very good one at mousetimes.com --> http://www.mousetimes.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=34
(scroll down)

Yetiguy

will_rogers said:
RoE - 1105 shells. That's all I know in that context.

Wow, I wish they'd fire all 1105 shells at Expedition Everest so they could knock it down and build something in it's place that's actually worth seeing! :lol:

rdour@techminds

Tons of fireworks are great, but more important is the combination of message and emotion. The POE extra is very special, because the music that is used and the message that is read really will cause an emotional response. The big blast of fireworks at the end helps to take the thing to a real extreme. All is good for me in that segment til the violin kicks in right befor the message.

Ryan

clearpath

Tons of fireworks are great, but more important is the combination of message and emotion. The POE extra is very special, because the music that is used and the message that is read really will cause an emotional response. The big blast of fireworks at the end helps to take the thing to a real extreme. All is good for me in that segment til the violin kicks in right befor the message.

Ryan

Agreed, it's the choreography of Music and Fireworks that makes the show. And GREAT music, such as ROE currently is. Hopefully any updates to the show, like the rumoured "Skydance" will have a great musical score.

If they try to "rock out" the show with contemporary rock or dance type music....it would be a DISASTER! It might get a few teeny-bops to say "cool!"...but would ruin it for the majority.

A key ingredient to the success of ROE is the awe-inspiring, orchestral, grandios musical score. Remove that ingredient, and the show will flop.

While I enjoy the "Peace on Earth" tag, I would tire of a show that just shot up a billion fireworks with no good synchronization on Story/Music/Fireworks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A key ingredient to the success of ROE is the awe-inspiring, orchestral, grandios musical score. Remove that ingredient, and the show will flop.
As it was for IllumiNations and IllumiNations 25B. 25A went for the dancier, remix style, and while it suited the party atmosphere for a short time, it`s no coincidence it lasted 6 months.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As it was for IllumiNations and IllumiNations 25B. 25A went for the dancier, remix style, and while it suited the party atmosphere for a short time, it`s no coincidence it lasted 6 months.

I thought 25A was great until it got to the Circle of Life. It seemed very out of place.

coasterridr

Well, the globe spinning on SE isn't new, but I hope it's used all the time now. It really is a great effect, and it's a great and symbolic way to end your day at Epcot.

I seem to remember it being used on a regular basis with the original version of Illuminations as well as Illuminations 25.

As far as the new show goes, I sure wouldn't mind seeing the original Illuminations. It was less preachy/hippie and just focused on being a great show with outstanding music, fountains, fireworks, and lasers.

Yeah, thats right I remember seeing it back then too, and I have just seen the effect in late Jan 07 and it is not as detailed as the original globe spin of the past...don't know why but thats what I saw.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought 25A was great until it got to the Circle of Life. It seemed very out of place.
You`re not kidding. 2 and a half years after the films release... it was a stunning movie, but as a finale to the show (and a jazzed up one at that) it seems very out of place. Even for a `worldwide celebration`.

You`ll have to PM me if you ever got a video of I25A :wave:

ToTBellHop

I feel left out...I never saw 25A...it must've left right before I visited in 1997 (I'm assuming it premiered in fall of 1996)...I certainly don't remember the Circle of Life at Epcot haha...maybe YouTube has it...

WDW Monorail

Personally, I do not think the RoE should leave. It is an absolutely amazing show in all aspects. Maybe it could use a change in some of the devices used but I think that the score should remain the way that it is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel left out...I never saw 25A...it must've left right before I visited in 1997 (I'm assuming it premiered in fall of 1996)...I certainly don't remember the Circle of Life at Epcot haha...maybe YouTube has it...
I wish.... I`ve tried all my resources. I found one mostly-back-of-heads-video that runs at about 12fps.

It`s strange, from what I`ve seen it was a very good show. The music fitted the atmosphere of the show, but I wouldn`t have liked it to have stayed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I wish.... I`ve tried all my resources. I found one mostly-back-of-heads-video that runs at about 12fps.

It`s strange, from what I`ve seen it was a very good show. The music fitted the atmosphere of the show, but I wouldn`t have liked it to have stayed.

Wish I could help you out. I only saw it once, and I didnt get a chance to shoot the video.

I actually preferred 25a to 25b. It was more of an original show, whereas I felt 25b was just playing it safe by going back to the tried and tested formula. RoE remains my favorite though.

Epcot82Guy

Wish I could help you out. I only saw it once, and I didnt get a chance to shoot the video.

I actually preferred 25a to 25b. It was more of an original show, whereas I felt 25b was just playing it safe by going back to the tried and tested formula. RoE remains my favorite though.

I agree, even as a kid. 25b did NOTHING for me. 25a didn't do that much. I think ROE has a long potential life left. I would really think the money that could go into the show could be better spent elsewhere in Epcot (see generally ANYTHING for IMAG).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom