Illuminations changes/New show rumor!

bobr0001

Any new info?

Has anyone heard of anything regarding a new Illuminations show?

We hope to do a trip this fall, and are hoping to see ROE at least one more time before the show is replaced.

What do you think our chances are?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
bobr0001 said:
Has anyone heard of anything regarding a new Illuminations show?

We hope to do a trip this fall, and are hoping to see ROE at least one more time before the show is replaced.

What do you think our chances are?

The current RoE show will be running this fall. Have a great time! :)

bobr0001

Great!! Thanks for the quick reply!!!

My 3 year old has watched the ROE video (from WDWMagic) hundreds of times and absolutely loves it, he's never seen the live show.

I'm just looking forward to his reaction seeing the show in person......

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
bobr0001 said:

My 3 year old has watched the ROE video (from WDWMagic) hundreds of times and absolutely loves it, he's never seen the live show.

Great to see a young RoE fan! :) He's going to have a great time seeing it in person for the first time. If you can visit just after thanksgiving or later through Christmas, you'll hopefully get to see the special Holiday edition which has even more RoE bang for the buck.

goofyfan13

I'll just add this to Steve's comment about the Holiday RoE finale, and I'm sure he'll agree with me. The last 4 minutes of the Holiday add-on is the best part of the entire show. So I too, hope you will get to see that.

dixiegirl

bobr0001 said:

..our 2 and 5 year old love ROE we play the soundtrack in the car all the time...and they go nuts..especially when the music gets fast...I think they know it by heart ..when the fireworks go off and all!!!

1stStarIC2nite

goofyfan13 said:
I'll just add this to Steve's comment about the Holiday RoE finale, and I'm sure he'll agree with me. The last 4 minutes of the Holiday add-on is the best part of the entire show. So I too, hope you will get to see that.

I so agree.. those extra 4 minutes are the best 4 minutes of any firework spectacular in Walt Disney World. I absolutely loved it! It was a bit of a tear jerker, too :lol: :D

Epcot82Guy

1stStarIC2nite said:
I so agree.. those extra 4 minutes are the best 4 minutes of any firework spectacular in Walt Disney World. I absolutely loved it! It was a bit of a tear jerker, too :lol: :D

Don't know that I can give it the BEST of any, but it is pretty darn good! I think the Illuminations:ROE show with that tag is just, plain spectacular (I have to say the gold fireworks after the dancing colored lights is perhaps the most moving moment of any show, and certainly any nighttime theme park show I have ever seen). Definitely try to schedule a trip to see it with the tag, especially since he has seen the video of the "normal" show so he knows it is something special!

dxwwf3

goofyfan13 said:

Peace on Earth Finale >>> Reflections of Earth

If you only catch the finale, you've seen enough. It's the best pure fireworks presentation WDW has done.

S.E.A.

dxwwf3 said:
Peace on Earth Finale >>> Reflections of Earth

If you only catch the finale, you've seen enough. It's the best pure fireworks presentation WDW has done.

I think it's a tie between the Peace On Earth tag and Holiday Wishes.

goofyfan13

S.E.A. said:

Yea, Holiday Wishes was a quite impressive show. I think Peace on Earth has got the slight edge though, those last two minutes are quite powerful. Not saying Holiday Wishes isn't because I loved it, but Peace on Earth took the cake for me.

speck76

goofyfan13 said:

If you are willing to brave the crowds, NYE is a great day for Illuminations.

7:30pm RoE + Holliday Tag

11:45pm RoE + NYE Tag

speck76

S.E.A. said:

Holiday Wishes is nice, better than the Halloween Wishes, but not as good as RoE Holiday Tag. If only they would bring back the entire Holiday Illuminations....THAT was nice :)

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
If only they would bring back the entire Holiday Illuminations....THAT was nice :)

Do you just realize what you said? :eek:

Just kidding, of course! I think that show was great too. A modified version would be perfect ;)

speck76

dxwwf3 said:
Do you just realize what you said? :eek:

Just kidding, of course! I think that show was great too. A modified version would be perfect ;)
ha!

it only ran for 2 years (in my defense), and only for 1 month each year

the tag is just a modified version of the Holiday Illuminations finale

1stStarIC2nite

Epcot82Guy said:
Don't know that I can give it the BEST of any, but it is pretty darn good! I think the Illuminations:ROE show with that tag is just, plain spectacular (I have to say the gold fireworks after the dancing colored lights is perhaps the most moving moment of any show, and certainly any nighttime theme park show I have ever seen). Definitely try to schedule a trip to see it with the tag, especially since he has seen the video of the "normal" show so he knows it is something special!

Yeah, I know what part you're talking about! Major chills when I saw that part... I also really love the build up with the big blasts of pyro that are almost blinding, and then into the huge finale where you can't hear anything at all (other than booms of course).

And I think Holiday Illuminations in it's entirety would be fun. I have the music for it and it sounds like a great show!

goofyfan13

speck76 said:
If you are willing to brave the crowds, NYE is a great day for Illuminations.

7:30pm RoE + Holliday Tag

11:45pm RoE + NYE Tag

Yea, we went this year, it was an awesome night, except for the extremely rude bunch of people around us, but that's a different story.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
it only ran for 2 years (in my defense), and only for 1 month each year

the tag is just a modified version of the Holiday Illuminations finale

Oh I agree. My jaw just hit the floor really hard when I saw that you typed "bring back" in a post :lol:

If I can be serious for a moment (not too long though), does anyone know the comparison to the amount of shells released in ROE vs. Peace on Earth? Maybe the globe sequence in ROE throws me off (or puts me to sleep), but I've always thought that ROE was way too short of actual fireworks. Does PoE actually let off more fireworks than ROE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom