Illuminations changes/New show rumor!

askmike1

As to the whole Illuminations vs non-illuminations thing, I think they'll handle it the same way they handle the current show. The Official name will be Illuminations: Sky Dance, but most of the time, it will just be referred to as Sky Dance (like we usually just call the current show Reflections of Earth).

Either way, I hope that after the celebration is over (and if the new show isn't as good as RoE) they bring back RoE.

Epcot82Guy

I do agree. I just don;t see where tehy are going to go to top ROE. Not that it couldn't be done, but I don't see the theme or story of Sky Dance, especially stading up with the abstract presentation of the planet's history. I just think ROE nailed it on the head and there isn't much room for improvement on that story. HOPEFULLY, they will prove me wrong!

dxwwf3

DigitalDisney said:
As far as the new show goes, I sure wouldn't mind seeing the original Illuminations. It was less preachy/hippie and just focused on being a great show with outstanding music, fountains, fireworks, and lasers.

I completely agree.

SirNim

Wow, good news, thanks! :D

And for the record, I think the new firework show should be called "Illuminations: WaterFire" ... Although I'm not sure Barnaby Evans would take too kindly to this! :lol:

S.E.A.

Epcot82Guy said:
I do agree. I just don;t see where tehy are going to go to top ROE. Not that it couldn't be done, but I don't see the theme or story of Sky Dance, especially stading up with the abstract presentation of the planet's history. I just think ROE nailed it on the head and there isn't much room for improvement on that story. HOPEFULLY, they will prove me wrong!

you mind holding off on the criticism until Sky Dance premieres?

MicBat

The thing with the first launch being shot off of the UK roof as compared to MK's fireworks is the fact that Illumination's has the pyro shooting at an angle towards the lagoon. The rooftop fireworks used in Wishes are being shot straight up. Yes, they have the area in the UK blocked off, but it's still going over a guest area which isn't (Rose and Crown).

wannab@dis

Epcot82Guy said:
:cry:

It's just a rumor and yet we have people whining about possible changes. Please, at least wait until it debuts and you actually see it.

Didn't all the griping about the changes to The Land teach us anything around here? People whined for months about it and now the consensus is that the changes were wonderful!

S.E.A.

this link has pictures of the show changes: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20441

the laser effect from American Adventure is rather photogenic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

CrashNet

MicBat said:
The thing with the first launch being shot off of the UK roof as compared to MK's fireworks is the fact that Illumination's has the pyro shooting at an angle towards the lagoon. The rooftop fireworks used in Wishes are being shot straight up. Yes, they have the area in the UK blocked off, but it's still going over a guest area which isn't (Rose and Crown).
MicBat...I think it may also have to do with the fact that it uses ALF technology, and I think they still link the explosion to that system. They may be afraid that there could be a mishap again, though to put it on the AGT is just putting it on another building, which of course hurts my theory. :lol:

imagineersrock

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
MicBat...I think it may also have to do with the fact that it uses ALF technology, and I think they still link the explosion to that system. They may be afraid that there could be a mishap again, though to put it on the AGT is just putting it on another building, which of course hurts my theory. :lol:
I don't think that hurts your theory, considering typically no one is inside the AGT around Illuminations show time, while there are guests in the UK at that time.

imagineersrock

Original Poster
TheOneVader said:
Do you mind posting them on ImageShack? Says I have to register...

DSC06257b.jpg

DSC06256b2028Small29.jpg

DSC062592028Small29.jpg

And just for the heck of it..... a great shot of the inferno barge.

DSC062172028Small29.jpg

These photos are thanks to Bill from Mice Chat.

Funny story- apparently the two of us stood next to each other last night without knowing it because he too overheard the same conversation that I did, and reported the same exact story this morning on Mice Chat (along with these photos.)

Click here to see his entire post.

CrashNet

Thanks for posting the pics Imagineersrock...very interesting the two of you were standing so close to one another and didn't even know it!

Tell me...just how long does the HUGE Siemens sign stay up on SSE?

imagineersrock

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
Thanks for posting the pics Imagineersrock...very interesting the two of you were standing so close to one another and didn't even know it!

Tell me...just how long does the HUGE Siemens sign stay up on SSE?
Well I've never used mice chat before- It's just when I saw the link to the photos, along with the exact same information posted as what I had posted the night before, my initial thought was "Hey! This dude stole my story!" ...But then he had the photos to back it up, so I couldn't help but sign up for mice chat, just so I could reply to his post telling him about the funny coincidence.

To answer your question, I'd guess the entire display goes on for about 10 minutes after the fireworks. (Keep in mind it's not just "SIEMENS" the entire time, that lasts only about 15 or so seconds at a time.)

It goes from:

-Spinning globe
-to a GIANT scrolling "ILLUMINATIONS"
-then a "Presented By"
-then the SIEMENS logo

It looks great, everyone exiting the park seemed to enjoy it.

yensidtlaw1969

To those who are worried about ROE untoppable, may I point you to Disneyland, which hosted for years the seemingly untoppable Believe . . . There's Magic in the Stars fireworks show. People moaned and groaned over the retirement of the show. then enter Remember . . . Dreams Come True. Anyone who has seen the show or atleast a video of it knows that Believe has been put to serious shame.

Just wait, those Imagineers know what they're doing . . .

Yensid "There's Magic in the Stars, Magic Everywhere you look!" tlaw1969

nelsonj3

Thanks for the info!! That all sounds exciting. I hope the music is at least as good or better than ROE. It would be hard to top, but I believe it is possible!!

Epcot82Guy

ok. I will yet again request that people PLEASE READ before attacking on people's "criticism." Sorry, Wannab@dis, but this is REALLY directed to you especially since you have done this to my posts several times. If you read WHAT I WROTE, I said that I:ROE nailed it. It was a great show. I didn't see where the improvement would come from (which in and of itself is interesting that I get attacked here because it is a new Epcot creation and some people seem to attack me as an originalist which is not true - to be honest, the return of Illuminations or Illuminations 25 would be horrible in my opinion). The theme came out in the title, and SkyDance didn't have that on its face. I was not criticizing it and, in fact, I SPECIFICALLY SAID IN CAPITALS (means this is the important part) that I really hoped that they did. It absolutely could be done (again, said that). It just didn't jump off the page as to what it would be and where it would go. Disney set the bar very high for itself, and it can meet it (as it has in the past as Yensid points out with several good examples). However, it can also fall short (as it objectively also has in the past), and the higher a bar, the greater chance of that happening. You can't know until the show comes out.

I don't want this to come into some big war as everything seems to be around here now, but learn to understand what you are posting. Opinions are the reason this exists. If every post was "that's great" this would be very boring. As long as people support their opinions, I am all for any side. This is especially true when you claim something not actually being done. I:ROE is perhaps their greatest attractions of recent times IMHO, so of course I am hesitant. SkyDance suggests Light Magic to me, but I do not have a basis for that, so I will not say that SkyDance would be bad. I didn't say that; I won't say that until something else comes out about it (if something else...). Furthermore, I truly do HOPE that things will be even bigger and better. Just because someone is skeptical and not impressed immediately doesn't mean it can't be done. That attitude is what built Disney's empire, and NOT from the beancounters side as many like to claim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom