Illuminations...am I the only one?

coltow

You can get a spot in Fantasmic just before the show? Don't you mean 60-90 minutes before? Wishes is a shoulder to shoulder sea of humanity. I've never staked a spot more than 30 minutes before Illuminations, including last week.
Standing room, but at least it's a spot. I've also gotten spot for wishes on Tomorrowland bridge, just before they started.

kcw

You only stare at the globe for 2-3 mins.THe rest of the show has pyro.

Really? That's crazy.... it felt like eternity! And looking back, staring at the globe is pretty much all I remember from the show....

A Jewish friend of mine commented, "They might as well say 'Christmas.' I'm not stupid; I know what they're talking about."

I have perfect vision too, and I can't make out everything on the screens.

hahahahahahaha that's the greatest thing I've heard all day..

and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

(I'm not making fun of you, just the PC climate.)

I can't handle the PC these days... makes me want to :hurl: and :brick: simultaneously....

hpyhnt 1000

^Norway, because it was constructed after G.E. went in and put the lights on the other pavilions. It also serves to "balance out" the fact that Morocco doesn't light up.

dxwwf3

Also I forgot to mention that the Holiday tag to Illuminations is about 10 times better than ROE itself. It is truly amazing.

Kelsybelle

I can't handle the PC these days... makes me want to :hurl: and :brick: simultaneously....[/quote]

:eek: That would be kind of messy! :lol:

I always have to see Illuminations atleast once during my vacation, it just wouldn't be the same for me.

Disneykidder

I do think Spectro, Fantasmic and Wishes are better but I like Illuminations. The music set around the world and the lazers are cool. I also like how it is guaranteed every night at the same time. I don't know, it makes me smile.:)

BrennaRN

I like the music better than anything. I love it though going to Illuminations with my brother because he swears it takes the globe 20 min. to come out!

hemloc

yawn.. Illuminations RoE is kinda boring...

Skylaidescope was the real deal!! :D

Nothing beats daytime fireworks, dragon boats and ultralights!!!

I'm kind of over Illuminations too. The first time was great, the second time okay, now I'd rather not deal with the crowd and you have to stake out your place so far ahead of time to get decent viewing... I've never liked Fantasmic and the last time I went was only because I was with people who had never seen it before.

We only go to Disney World the week of Easter, the highest volume time of the year and I am always to find a great place to see the show at 8:55.

Also, illuminations is one of my favorites.

1. Fantasmic (WDW version)
2. IllumiNations
3. Fantasmic (DL v.)
4. Wishes
5. Magic, Music & Mayhem

Erin_Akey

Does anyone remember???

Remember about five years ago or so when they had that awesome parade in EPCOT before Illuminations? My kids adored that one. Something about dreams and a dreamcatcher etc.? My family loved that music and even bought the cd. Of course it is probably in Cuba after Katrina along with the rest of the house! But we really liked that. If I could ever remember the name I would try to fnd a copy on ebay or something.

CThaddeus

Remember about five years ago or so when they had that awesome parade in EPCOT before Illuminations? My kids adored that one. Something about dreams and a dreamcatcher etc.? My family loved that music and even bought the cd. Of course it is probably in Cuba after Katrina along with the rest of the house! But we really liked that. If I could ever remember the name I would try to fnd a copy on ebay or something.

Tapestry of Dreams. The original - Tapestry of Nations - was much better. Tapestry of Dreams felt like a selfish "I want" parade. Tapestry of Nations felt like it was about the world as a whole, not me, me, me.

EPCOTGAL1

I can't go to Epcot without seeing ROE. For me, it's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC in every park! I believe the current ROE score is amazing and I truly love it. I don't remember the old Illuminations too well maybe it's on youtube somewhere... But getting back to the music....Wishes is right up there as well....can't miss it! I could live without seeing Fantasmic...and have. I can't miss Voices of Liberty or Four for a Dollar at the pre-show of Beauty and the Beast....ALL amazing musicians and music, alike. So, yes, I'm a fan of ROE - and "drag" my family to it at least once...I realize I push my luck with having them watch it twice...though I still try..

CrashNet

I can't handle the PC these days... makes me want to :hurl: and :brick: simultaneously....

:eek: That would be kind of messy! :lol:

I always have to see Illuminations atleast once during my vacation, it just wouldn't be the same for me.
That made me laugh so hard. :lol:

Great discussion. I'm anxious to see what comes next after RoE, though I'll be very sad to sit it go.

TigerLily_CM

I roughly calculated how many times I've seen Illuminations...lets see, worked 4 nights a week for 19 months plus trips with family where we saw it at least once (usually twice) soooo.....

after 320+ viewings...I still like it! reminds me of all the nights working there, had a great view and my work buddy and I would stop whatever we were doing and watch the show...beats what I do when I get ready to leave work today :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom