IGER SAYS NO to Adventures Club

WDW1974

[/b]
What were they fighting about?:lol:

Being there as a family.

The daughter had no desire to be there or to follow her folks to DL ... after the argument, Roy stepped outside for a smoke and just smiled at me as I think he knew I had witnessed the whole thing ... I just smiled back and went on my way.

He's a REAL person and I can't say that about many of the people who run that (or any other for that matter) company.

~I don't (expletive deleted) want to go to (blanking) Disneyland~

EPCOT Explorer

Being there as a family.

The daughter had no desire to be there or to follow her folks to DL ... after the argument, Roy stepped outside for a smoke and just smiled at me as I think he knew I had witnessed the whole thing ... I just smiled back and went on my way.

He's a REAL person and I can't say that about many of the people who run that (or any other for that matter) company.

~I don't (expletive deleted) want to go to (blanking) Disneyland~
:brick:

and a :brick: for the other thing.
Daughter deserved a beatdown.
Don't want to go to Disneyland...who ever heard of such....and from a Disney, too.:hammer:
Seriously. I'd trade places with her in a heartbeat.

hrcollectibles

They were too busy responding to important comments and questions from the shareholders such as:

"I think Bob Iger is doing a heck of a job and worth every penny Ahee!"

"Mistah Iger...why did...Walt Disney...Create Walt Disney?"

"I saw people smoking cigerettes in a movie about the 1940s distributed by your company. SHAME ON YOU"

:rolleyes:

Was that from the same lady that complained about a horror film preview?

I have a question, and this is nothing against children. But why did they allow kids to ask questions? I felt that the few questions that were asked weren't that relevant

Einselen

I heard that an angry shareholder yelled out something with a swear in it at the shareholders meeting.:lol: Anyone know what that was about?:shrug:

That was Barelli (from what I could make out, I could be off) and he was a shareholder. He got up and talked about "The Path to 9/11" which was brought up at last year's shareholder meeting. He said somethings while on the stand and then walked away and supposedly Iger told him to go f himself and wouldn't shake his hand. Of course this was Barelli's account and who knows if Iger did or did not react in that way.

WDW1974

Daughter deserved a beatdown.
Don't want to go to Disneyland...who ever heard of such....and from a Disney, too.:hammer:

Well, she wasn't a child ... and I got the idea that she just didn't want the whole 'appearance' deal ... I have no way of knowing, but I got the idea the Disneys were likely hosting or guests at a luncheon at Club 33 after a tour of the park ... and I'd guess she had spent plenty of time there when no one had a clue who she was.

~Happy B-Day to my special friend who will be celebrating at DL TOMORROW!~

WDW1974

He doesn't even know what the AC is. I'd put money on it.

I think I'd take that bet ... I'm almost certain he's been to parties there before.

Now whether he knows it has closed or all the circumstances is a different matter.

~Anyone miss the Fireworks Factory?~

CaptainMichael

I think I'd take that bet ... I'm almost certain he's been to parties there before.

Now whether he knows it has closed or all the circumstances is a different matter.

~Anyone miss the Fireworks Factory?~

IDK, he seems like the type that may have heard about it but doesn't really have a clue what it was actually about.

Iger seems very hands off when it comes to Parks and Resorts.

Yes, I miss the Fireworks Factory, and I've never been. I also miss Avigators.

Figment632

My one question on this topic is was this place as popular as people on the boards make it out to be, or did it have attendence issues?

If it really was that popular and making money, why not keep it open? Disney seems to be doing some brainless things lately :brick:

Hummer1676

My one question on this topic is was this place as popular as people on the boards make it out to be, or did it have attendence issues?

If it really was that popular and making money, why not keep it open? Disney seems to be doing some brainless things lately :brick:

It was popular with the diehards. It was a classic club as there have been no other clubs like it. It was improv comedy with skit. If you like improv, this was great. It is disappointing and hopefully something of the sort will come up again. I was a fan and will miss it, and know that Disney will learn from it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom