Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Funny how some are already bashing this because of the “female-centric” description. SW has always had a strong female character, or did that escape their rich analysis?

Me? I’ll wait and see how it turns out. Mando has given Lucasfilm a pass in my book.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well this one escalated out of the ether...

Here’s a tip: If I’M going to look like sane one ...which I will...the thread is derailed.

Ama right, Penguin??
That's not something that was just come up this morning.
It does if you were in denial...just saying...
Can we put my main man Filoni in charge of Lucasfilm yet? 🤣

I mean, I really like the stuff he's involved with and tends to do a good job with it. Except Resistence. But apparently he was minimal in that.
The last season of clone wars is very good...hasn’t disappointed. I still don’t think filoni is right when my girl KK “fulfills here contract” - however...
What does this have to do with WDW Parks news or rumors?
You gotta be that guy, huh?

Not much going on in the world to cry “thread foul”! Is there?
Lol, Disney being upset about this is pretty rich, seeing as they were Weinstein adjacent for a lot of years during Miramax.
S-A-R-C-A-S-M
How does Baby Yoda not have a 6 season deal set up front? Must be amateur hour
Disney didn’t want to commit until they were sure George RR Martin wasn’t going to stop writing and go to Vegas buffets and comic cons all day...

...won’t be fooled again.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Pretty big whiff. You should probably stop bringing more attention to it if you wan't people to "get new material". And your defense it over performed because TROS under performed... well that's not how it works when we're talking about this sort of scale.

It's funny you think F2 made $600M+ more than your "projections and insider info" because TROS only made 1B. You think $600M+ more in tickets were sold because people said "Ah, Star Wars sucks... let's watch Frozen 2" even though they were released a month apart? :hilarious:

FYI - Frozen 2 hit a billion BEFORE Star Wars was released.

Dead horse, meet your punisher.

Are the Bobs not insiders because they projected Disneyland would be packed last summer?

This is not a statement about the OP, just the validity of the argument

Punisher, meet logic.

trainplane3

The last season of clone wars is very good...hasn’t disappointed. I still don’t think filoni is right when my girl KK “fulfills here contract” - however...
I won't deny that. She can stay in charge but I'd like to see some more Filoni led projects. A Rebels sequel with Clone Wars S7 (or even S6) production value would be fine or some other kind of spin off. Rebels was never as good looking as Clone Wars even if the stories were pretty good.

BrianLo

As for the frozen thing, you guys really need new material. Frozen overperformed as Skywalker underperformed.

Just as an FYI for introspection, it has absolutely nothing to do with being wrong! It was the way you belittled posters - and then were wrong.

I'm totally all for forgiveness and personally have long ago also moved on. Just apologize to those posters and I think they'll let it go.

Appreciate the info!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I won't deny that. She can stay in charge but I'd like to see some more Filoni led projects. A Rebels sequel with Clone Wars S7 (or even S6) production value would be fine or some other kind of spin off. Rebels was never as good looking as Clone Wars even if the stories were pretty good.
Well the best underused character ever came out of clone wars...and she’s good in the last season.

What do you think about Rosario Dawson rumored to be playing her on Mando?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As for the frozen thing, you guys really need new material. Frozen overperformed as Skywalker underperformed. It's always been that simple.

Indeed...I don’t think a legitimate case can be made otherwise...
Just as an FYI for introspection, it has absolutely nothing to do with being wrong! It was the way you belittled posters - and then were wrong.

I'm totally all for forgiveness and personally have long ago also moved on. Just apologize to those posters and I think they'll let it go.

Appreciate the info!
I didn’t read/see any of the “frozen battle”...but I have seen it commented on and I fully agree with this assessment👍🏻

It was the burn/abrasiveness in predictions that has caused 6 months of get backs...

Others get some info and make predictions on these boards...but don’t snit or make absolutes. You could be wrong...no one here is that powerful.

trainplane3

Well the best underused character ever came out of clone wars...and she’s good in the last season.

What do you think about Rosario Dawson rumored to be player her on Mando?
No complaints so far from me. From just looking at her, it seems like she'll fit the characters design well enough. I'd only have complaints if they really screw the character over. The one kinda big Mandalorian from TCW and Rebels would be interesting to see too. Though, I have a feeling we all know how big bad dude gets the special sword...and it won't be pretty...

davis_unoxx

Funny how some are already bashing this because of the “female-centric” description. SW has always had a strong female character, or did that escape their rich analysis?

Me? I’ll wait and see how it turns out. Mando has given Lucasfilm a pass in my book.
That’s because Jon Favreau was in charge, not Kathleen Kennedy. I think many agree Favreau would be a much better leader than here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No complaints so far from me. From just looking at her, it seems like she'll fit the characters design well enough. I'd only have complaints if they really screw the character over. The one kinda big Mandalorian from TCW and Rebels would be interesting to see too. Though, I have a feeling we all know how big bad dude gets the special sword...and it won't be pretty...
Let’s face it...Kennedy’s story group is an incompetent mess...

But the one thing they could get done is an Ashoka stand-alone movie...
Can’t figure out why they don’t do that? It can retcon the awful Disney “force stuff” and could be a solid female lead platform which they usually force

Mouse Trap

Appreciate the info!

This.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom