If you're banned for life, how does Disney keep track and enforce the ban?

Lilofan

They “own“ nothing. The FAA restricts the airspace above the MK and EPCOT resort areas below 3000 ft. The boundary actual cuts through the southern end of World Showcase. Anything outside of that is open to usual considerations (although the amount of times an Epcot show has had to E stop the AmAd laser due to incursions at the north end is huge)
FAA restricts but who enforces? I counted at least 15 helicopters about 1K ft in the sky hovering at the edge of World Showcase between 1130pm -1215am NYE when we were there 2016.

NickMaio

FAA restricts but who enforces? I counted at least 15 helicopters about 1K ft in the sky hovering at the edge of World Showcase between 1130pm -1215am NYE when we were there 2016.
That is my point.
Those are disney helicopters.
They “own“ nothing. The FAA restricts the airspace above the MK and EPCOT resort areas below 3000 ft. The boundary actual cuts through the southern end of World Showcase. Anything outside of that is open to usual considerations (although the amount of times an Epcot show has had to E stop the AmAd laser due to incursions at the north end is huge)
Perhaps "ownes" is the the proper word as it did not buy the airspace.
However the successfully petitioned to have it restricted, to a 3 mile radius.

I contacted 6 different helicopter tours in Orlando in the last day, about getting a flight into the Mk and other Disney Parks. They all said the same thing. We can not, the airspace is restricted, only WDW can fly within the 3 mile radius inside of the parks.

So if WDW is the only authority allowed in that airspace we are being symantical here.
This was the first company I contacted - email them yourself.

Seriously though we are splitting hairs here - - anyone who has been to the parks can see the multiple helicopters overhead during your visit.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
That is my point.

I contacted 6 different helicopter tours in Orlando in the last day, about getting a flight into the Mk and other Disney Parks. They all said the same thing. We can not, the airspace is restricted, only WDW can fly within the 3 mile radius inside of the parks.

So if WDW is the only authority allowed in that airspace we are being symantical here.

Seriously though we are splitting hairs here - - anyone who has been to the parks can see the multiple helicopters overhead during your visit.
The Walt Disney World Resort owns 0 helicopters.

Lilofan

That is my point.

That's not correct. Guests spending $$ to rent helicopters to view NYE fireworks at the edge of World Showcase.

lazyboy97o

That is my point.

They are not Disney helicopters. They are not secret. You can track aircraft live while they are in the air and see who owns them. You have been given primary source information from the FAA that contradicts your claims.

Here is a tour that goes over Walt Disney World parks.

Here is another.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I mean, Disney's a big enough company that they probably own functional corporate jets and a helicopter. But those are probably registered through some trustee in Utah, Delaware, Montana, or Wyoming.
They own several planes but zero helicopters. If needed one, they are too simple to rent. If they needed to register a helicopter in a trust, then why are all their planes registered directly to their aviation division Earth Star? These are the current Disney air assets.

ES.PNG

NickMaio

They are not Disney helicopters. They are not secret. You can track aircraft live while they are in the air and see who owns them. You have been given primary source information from the FAA that contradicts your claims.

Here is another.
They can't go within 3 miles inside the parks.
They can go on the edge of that 3 miles.

NickMaio

Here is another.
Both of those companies I emailed. And they said the same thing.
3miles, can't go in.

Only Disney can.

ElvisMickey

Maybe try exhibiting behaviors that don’t get you banned for life. The people I know who are willing to do stupid 💩, have *** on public property, etc., are astonishing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sorry, I've never seen a helicopter fly over a park, let alone that low. I've seen dozens and dozens of them over resort areas in the southeastern part of the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom