If you want to give kudos...

Gorjus

Disney Saint psted this in another thread:

To contact the Executive Offices via Guest Communications, mail to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Otherwise, e-mail them at: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Make sure you include your name, where you're from, your telephone/e-mail, and when you visited.

To contact WDW President Meg Crofton directly, you can mail to:

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I have an update:

From personal experience, if you choose to go to guest relations in person before leaving the park, ask for a Great Service Fanatic card. Do NOT just ask to write a note or mention it to someone. If you just write a note, they get an "Applause-O-Gram", while it is nice, it does nothing for the cast member. If you ask for a "Great Service Fanatic Card", it is something that goes on their permanent record card; and at Disney that is important. Writing a letter to Guest Communications is also a great way.

mikey531

We just had an experience with lost luggage transferring from Saratoga Springs to POP Century. This is what I sent to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and to the supervisor of airport bags.

Good Afternoon

My name is Mike Hammond and we were at Disney World from 4/4 to 4/11. We stayed at Saratoga Springs with my son until 4/10 then moved to Pop Century room 7266. We had 2 bags and a carry on picked up around 9:30 am to be delivered to Pop Century. We went to the parks and returned to Pop Century to pick up our room info and asked about our bags and were told they should already be there. (we also did the online check-in on 4/9) we found our room around 7:30. Our bags were not in the room, so I called the luggage room and was told that they were there and would be delivered as soon as possible. We then left for the Magic Kingdom. When we returned around 10:45 pm we did not have our bags. I called the luggage room again and talked with Jose who answered me by name and told me they couldn't find our luggage. He told me they were looking and would have them to me soon. He said that they were logged in and had to have been misdelivered. He then came to our room around midnight and said they were still looking and he would find them. He then called again around 2 am and said they were still looking as I had asked to keep me informed. Jose next contacted us at 3:15 with our bags. I took the bags and said thank you. I know we are all human and things happen, I was very careful to not get angry or yell or do anything that I would regret. Jose was very professional and very polite and I hope he would say the same thing about me. The purpose of this e-mail is to praise Jose as he went above and beyond to take care of us. I also found out he was supposed to leave at 11 and he stayed to find our bags. He also offered to get us anything we needed. I cannot stress enough how much of an impression this young man made on us, and his commitment to your company to make sure your customers received the best possible outcome from a situation not of his making. I know I did not thank him enough at 3 am in the morning but I hope you will share this with him.

Sincerely
Mike Hammond

I got this back from his supervisor almost immediately

Mr. Hammond, thank you so much for taking the time to send me this email. Jose' is one of my managers, and is very dedicated to our guests. I do apologize for the delay with your baggage, and appreciate your attitude with the whole situation. Once again, thank you very much, and I will share this with Jose'.

I have only got an acknowledgment from Guest Relations so far. What else should/can I do from home now ?

castevens

We had wonderful servers at California Grill and the Luau. I don't remember their names, and its unfortunate. We should have said something at the time.

whendoweleave?

We just had an experience with lost luggage transferring from Saratoga Springs to POP Century. This is what I sent to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and to the supervisor of airport bags.

Good Afternoon

My name is Mike Hammond and we were at Disney World from 4/4 to 4/11. We stayed at Saratoga Springs with my son until 4/10 then moved to Pop Century room 7266. We had 2 bags and a carry on picked up around 9:30 am to be delivered to Pop Century. We went to the parks and returned to Pop Century to pick up our room info and asked about our bags and were told they should already be there. (we also did the online check-in on 4/9) we found our room around 7:30. Our bags were not in the room, so I called the luggage room and was told that they were there and would be delivered as soon as possible. We then left for the Magic Kingdom. When we returned around 10:45 pm we did not have our bags. I called the luggage room again and talked with Jose who answered me by name and told me they couldn't find our luggage. He told me they were looking and would have them to me soon. He said that they were logged in and had to have been misdelivered. He then came to our room around midnight and said they were still looking and he would find them. He then called again around 2 am and said they were still looking as I had asked to keep me informed. Jose next contacted us at 3:15 with our bags. I took the bags and said thank you. I know we are all human and things happen, I was very careful to not get angry or yell or do anything that I would regret. Jose was very professional and very polite and I hope he would say the same thing about me. The purpose of this e-mail is to praise Jose as he went above and beyond to take care of us. I also found out he was supposed to leave at 11 and he stayed to find our bags. He also offered to get us anything we needed. I cannot stress enough how much of an impression this young man made on us, and his commitment to your company to make sure your customers received the best possible outcome from a situation not of his making. I know I did not thank him enough at 3 am in the morning but I hope you will share this with him.

Sincerely
Mike Hammond

I got this back from his supervisor almost immediately

Mr. Hammond, thank you so much for taking the time to send me this email. Jose' is one of my managers, and is very dedicated to our guests. I do apologize for the delay with your baggage, and appreciate your attitude with the whole situation. Once again, thank you very much, and I will share this with Jose'.

I have only got an acknowledgment from Guest Relations so far. What else should/can I do from home now ?

Mike
i know from experience that you wrote to the right place. I almost always email to the address you did at after my trip to acknowledge not only the good but the bad service or other concerns i have during my visit.
The only communication you will get is a phone call from someone in the executive office thanking you for your letter. From there a copy will go directly to the cast members supervisor or department head. Sometimes it takes a few weeks or even a month for it to go through the correct channels but i can assure you it will make it to the proper people. The employee will be acknowledged from their supervisor and may even have the letter read to the entire department at a daily/weekly meeting. The letter will be made part of their employment file and may even help at times of promotion and raises.
From what i am told for someone to write a letter about one specific cast member is a big deal and Disney takes it very very seriously. I know one letter i wrote was partially quoted in the monthly cast member news letter.
I think that any time someone receives service that is above and beyond what is expected that people should write. We tend to only write when we get lousy service!
hope that helps!!!
John

mickeyjohn

Something I learned is you can get things from the floral department at WDW for cast members. I did this Last Frieday because a cast member helped to make my day magical. It isn't expensive and it seems like a great way to make your own magic. If any one does this Hopefully you will be able to get Amanda to help you with your order. She was wonderful and was incredibly helpful.

Figments Friend

CMs make the Magic Happen!

I am very glad to find this thread, as i am looking for contact info to send my letter(s) to. I had a absolutely stunning experience with two CMs this past visit and feel a serious need to insure they are recognized for what they have done.

I am assumming the mailing addresses posted earlier in this thread from 2007 are still valid for mailing today...yes?

I brought a co-worker with me this trip to experience WDW for the first time...and she was also celebrating her 40th B-day as well. CMs went out of their way numerous times for her and it left me impressed. After 25+ years of visiting regularly, this recent visit stood apart from a performance standpoint. CMs always excel in my mind, and i always see and experience great things from them. THIS visit however was exceptionally impressive.

CMs definately 'Make the Magic Happen'!

:sohappy:

Brian

I just sent an email about 10 minutes ago about two CM's but forgot to include the dates of my visit. Should I resend one with the dates?

deltableh

I want to reitterate this point. I work for a major US corporation, and yesterday, my store received a letter (not an e-mail, but a true, hand written letter) from a customer and all of the managers saw it and made a fuss about it (positively). So if you have the time, think about writing out a hand written letter and actually sending it in. As our store leader says "It takes time and effort to write out a letter. That shows what you've done is truly above and beyond the expectation and norm."

I know I'll be writing if someone deserves it when I'm down in December. It really makes someone's day.

CaptainShortty

If you see a CM doing something you like, ask them if you can speak to their manager or supervisor. It's always nice to know that a guest took the time to notice something special that you did and makes us even more eager to do it again! And if you notify a manager/supervisor we get cards that go on our permanent "Disney record" if we ever want to get a promotion or change jobs. And of course if a manager is not around/the moment doesn't fit for you to ask a manager you can of course write a letter as stated previously. :)

Sallyjo02

Boardwalk entertainment

Brian the magician on the Boardwalk was really great. He had the largest crowds last night. 3/23/11. I really enjoyed him. Very good with the kids, and had great come backs to everyone's comments. I hope to see him next year!!!!

Sally from Wisconsin:sohappy:

CaptainShortty

I wrote a few letters of praise to Lee Cockerell Executive Vice President Of Walt Disney World Operations and on our next vacation one of the CM's told me I had made him famous. Bill Fullerton from MK Tomorrowland is probably one of the most awesome CMs I have met at WDW he has a great attitude and loves what he does and it just shines through.

Mr. Cockerell is no longer Executive Vice President Of Walt Disney World Operations and I would love to know who has taken his place. I love to write letters of praise. So if anyone has this information please let me know.
Thank you

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Cockerell last year when he came to visit my school to speak in one of my classes. What a fantastic man! I absolutely loved listening to him speak. If you haven't already and are a fan of his I highly recommend reading his book Creating Magic. It's a terrific book and very informational.

Jakester

I think the cast members who control traffic around Main Street during busier times of the day/year (like Independance Day/New Years) do an AMAZING job. And im always shocked to see how quickly they can clear the streets for the parades.

VoiceGuy07

Disney Saint psted this in another thread:

To contact the Executive Offices via Guest Communications, mail to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Otherwise, e-mail them at: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Make sure you include your name, where you're from, your telephone/e-mail, and when you visited.

To contact WDW President Meg Crofton directly, you can mail to:

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I have an update:

From personal experience, if you choose to go to guest relations in person before leaving the park, ask for a Great Service Fanatic card. Do NOT just ask to write a note or mention it to someone. If you just write a note, they get an "Applause-O-Gram", while it is nice, it does nothing for the cast member. If you ask for a "Great Service Fanatic Card", it is something that goes on their permanent record card; and at Disney that is important. Writing a letter to Guest Communications is also a great way.

Our family just got back from a 2-week Disney trip and I'm getting ready to put together an email now about many of the fantastic cast members we came across and great time we had.

Thanks for providing other (and sounds like more) effective ways of recognizing cast members and their great service while on the trip. Y'all Rock! :sohappy:

mousehockey37

To acknowledge the performance of a CM you can also, if in the MK, stop by City Hall and let them know. They get a card and take some information from you and ask what the CM did to impress you to have you stop in. It only takes a few minutes and they then pass it on to the appropriate department.

Gorjus

MouseHockey, please read the above under Update. You need to specifically ask Guest Relations or Find a manager and ask for a GSF card. Otherwise the cast member just gets a pat on the back. The GSF card goes on their permanent record and they can win prizes.

Gabrielle123

MouseHockey, please read the above under Update. You need to specifically ask Guest Relations or Find a manager and ask for a GSF card. Otherwise the cast member just gets a pat on the back. The GSF card goes on their permanent record and they can win prizes.

I wish I had know about this prior to going to Disney!!! Can I get a GSF to send now that I am home???? I did give names at the front desk at the Grand Floridian, but I want them to get more than a pat on the back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom