If you hate the hat at DHS, now is the time to say something.

disneydevil1

Maybe you guys should get a job with Disney, work at DHS, go to the On with the Show orriantation and tell them they are wrong because some random people online said so.

Get over it. It is hugely popular, The Great Movie Ride is rapidily losing interest because of the lack of excitment and just be happy the theater is not being torn down like it should.

tirian

Disney Devil, I'm not doubting that you worked there or that "On with the Show" told you about the legal complications, but I can tell you the person giving the tour was misinformed. When I took my "Traditions" tour years ago, they told us an E-ticket had been approved for the former 20K lot. Then the two guides essentially described Fire Mountain. They were obviously wrong.

BTW, I am still a CM, in a department that would know whether or not certain legal things were true, and I'm telling you that it's just a myth. :wave: WDI has already announced their intentions to get rid of the hat several times, and any supposed legal complications have never been mentioned.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. :wave:

CBOMB

Hmmm who to believe, Disney themselves or some random person on the internet. First off i said "icon" because it is the first thing you see when you enter the park, Earful Tower was the actual icon. So try again.
Well since Tirian always knows what he's talking about, and since I don't see any official announcement to back up the Myth that you just repeated, and has been spread since the hat was first built, I guess I will go with Tirian. Besides Disney has already alluded to the fact that the Hat would be coming down. I just can't remember now who made the announcement at an event at the Studios a while back.

disneydevil1

Disney Devil, I'm not doubting that you worked there or that "On with the Show" told you about the legal complications, but I can tell you the person giving the tour was misinformed. When I took my "Traditions" tour years ago, they told us an E-ticket had been approved for the former 20K lot. Then the two guides essentially described Fire Mountain. They were obviously wrong.

BTW, I am still a CM, in a department that would know whether or not certain legal things were true, and I'm telling you that it's just a myth. :wave: WDI has already announced their intentions to get rid of the hat several times, and any supposed legal complications have never been mentioned.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. :wave:

Here is the thing, i would believe you but this is the same with the hole renaming of DHS. They told us the real reason why they did it, the legal reason, but other CMs were told diferently, and other noncostumed CMs were told something different. I am going to tend to believe the person giving the tour since it was also collaborated by my managers and most of the Full Timers i worked with.

I am not trying to pick a fight but i cant stand people whining about something like this. Whine about something important like why Sounds Dangerous is still around or why Disney refuses to use Marvel in their parks.

tirian

Well since Tirian always knows what he's talking about, and since I don't see any official announcement to back up the Myth that you just repeated, and has been spread since the hat was first built, I guess I will go with Tirian.

Please don't say that. :dazzle: But thanks for the encouragement. :eek: :lol:

and i detect sarcasm... ;)

tirian

Here is the thing, i would believe you but this is the same with the hole renaming of DHS. They told us the real reason why they did it, the legal reason, but other CMs were told diferently, and other noncostumed CMs were told something different. I am going to tend to believe the person giving the tour since it was also collaborated by my managers and most of the Full Timers i worked with.

Yeah, but I've had managers tell me about "the ring the Imagineers hid in front the HM." :rolleyes:

disneydevil1

Yeah, but I've had managers tell me about "the ring the Imagineers hid in front the HM." :rolleyes:

Thats the bad thing about disney, no one gets a straight story. Summer Nighttastic is another example, most people in entertainment and upper management knew that MSEP was going to be here for an extended time. But they let CMs think it was limited.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thats the bad thing about disney, no one gets a straight story. Summer Nighttastic is another example, most people in entertainment and upper management knew that MSEP was going to be here for an extended time. But they let CMs think it was limited.
It's not Disney specific. It's just the way big businesses work. Most of it is not meant in a harmful way. Rumors can start anywhere, businesses can have all intentions of doing one thing and then do another, and sometimes there is info that not every single employee needs to know. It happens everywhere.

JustInTime

So what were employees told about the DHS name change and what was the real reason?

Slowjack

I am not trying to pick a fight but i cant stand people whining about something like this. Whine about something important like why Sounds Dangerous is still around or why Disney refuses to use Marvel in their parks.
Different people often have different ideas about what's important to whine about. :)

Slowjack

Yes, Disney higher-ups are often the biggest myth spreaders. Jim Hill told me he heard the "Contemporary was made to be taken apart for refurb" myth direct from Admiral Joe Fowler.

Tom

Beta Return
okay being a former castmember i guess i must school everyone on why the hat is there. Right before they built the hat new owners bought the original theater and since disney was using it as an "icon" since it is the first thing you see when entering they were going to sue for royalties which they would of won. So in order to keep the attraction all disney did was add the hat to block the line of sight which is smart. So no they cant get rid of the hat for legal reasons. That is a fact so just get over it.

:lol:

Mansion Butler

Maybe you guys should get a job with Disney, work at DHS, go to the On with the Show orriantation and tell them they are wrong because some random people online said so.
Got a job with Disney. Been through two park orientations. Things they say in those orientations are wrong at times and proven so with some actual research. It is partly due to the perpetuation of myths and misinformation and partly due to white-washed internal corporate speak.

They're great, but cast, including instructors, don't necessarily know the company as well as outside researchers do. That's just the way it is.

Also, stop being a jerk.

disneydevil1

So what were employees told about the DHS name change and what was the real reason?

The reason we were told, and what we were supposed to say to guests, was that the name change took place because Disney Hollywood Studio fits the vision of the park better. But what our managers told us the real reason why the name was changed was because of a dispute with MGM and Disney was going to face legal issues. This could be wrong

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom