If you hate all that is Disney?

Driver

Well welcome to Florida from a philly transplant that wanted to do this for a long time and now its reality for me. My only complaint is the drivers in this state are the worst I have ever experienced, you need to have six eyes to avoid some of the moves on the roads. It's like being in a live PAC MAN game.
Yep keep your eyes open at "green" lights. Soooo many accidents from people going thru reds. I always pause and look before proceeding. The antics that I see on property I could write a book on. Of course many have alcohol in the mix

pax_65

Thanks for saying this. I've been going since November of 1971, and I take the complaints with a grain of salt as well. In all this time, I've never had a bad experience. A couple of years ago, I treated my wife to a full week on property. She has MS, and the CMs treated her like gold. They accommodated her needs and ensured she would have a magical time. They succeeded. So much that we're moving to Florida next year because she wants an annual pass to all the parks. It doesn't hurt that I wanted to move to Florida anyway. It all works out, yeah?

That's awesome! In general, cast members are outstanding and still go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. If you talk to them privately they may tell you that they aren't crazy about some of the changes Disney has made recently either, but most of them set their frustrations aside and try to do right by the guests.

Over the years I've had very few complaints about Cast Members. And most of the time, when there was a problem it was because of policies and practices that Disney put into place that made it harder for the Cast Member to help fix the issue (such as limiting what they could do to help guests resolve a problem).

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I stated a little farther into the post, that discussion is one thing, and having posted the same negative answer to many posts over and over regardless of it has anything to do with it is another. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Mine was if you Never have anything positive to add, why live on Disney forums and spread negativity. I had plenty of things that I am unhappy about at Disney, but it does not rule my online behavior. If I replied I hate Disney because they use too much red paint to 20 different posts a day wouldn't that get old?

Q: What would be a good place for character dining? My Reply: None are good they use too much red paint.
Q: Does anyone know what time the fireworks start? My Reply: Don't go, they use too much red paint.
Q: How many FP+ can I get at one time? My Reply: Don't get any Disney uses too much red paint.

Yes I know that I could hit ignore, but that can make reading replies very confusing also. I stated my opinion and we are discussing it, no need to move on. As you stated this is a discussion forum :)
#redpaintmatters

jimbojones

THIS! We had a rental car as we also went to Tampa to visit family and we went to 2 other parks. We could not believe how insane the drivers in Florida were! They were terrifying!
Florida pretty consistently ranks as the worst state for driving in terms of number of accidents, I figure it is all the retirees! Cheryl mentioned Boston but Boston has a very low rate of crashes compared to FL. MA is way down for number of accidents, I have driven through 46 of the 48 states and found the Boston stereotype to be unfounded. Seems like more of a thing for Boston people to brag/complain about than a real problem. My experience are pretty close to the NHTSA data shown in the article below.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-with-the-most-car-accidents.html

A quick google search shows that the most dangerous states for highway deaths are the more sparsely populated, in 2016 Wyoming was the worst, not at all what most people expect. But for crashes it is Florida for the "win" :)

Raineman

THIS! We had a rental car as we also went to Tampa to visit family and we went to 2 other parks. We could not believe how insane the drivers in Florida were! They were terrifying!
The first time I ever drove in the Orlando/Kissimmee area was not a fun experience. My DW, DD and I were on a vacation with my mom and stepfather. We had spent 3 days at WDW (first time for DW and DD), and spent a week after that in a timeshare on 192 in Kissimmee called Club Sevilla. One day, my DD and I were headed to a Houston Astros spring training game in Kissimmee, driving in the minivan that my stepfather had rented, and we hadn't gotten that far down 192. We were pulling up to a red light, probably only doing 15-20 mph when this Honda Civic comes roaring up behind us, probably doing 40 mph, jams on the brakes and slams into the back of our van. Here we are, my daughter and I, 10 minutes on the road, in an accident, in a foreign country (we are Canadian) without a cell phone to call the rest of our family, sitting in the middle of the road with our back bumper laying on the road behind us. Suffice it to say that every time I have driven in Florida after that incident, I am very wary of other drivers.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well welcome to Florida from a philly transplant that wanted to do this for a long time and now its reality for me. My only complaint is the drivers in this state are the worst I have ever experienced, you need to have six eyes to avoid some of the moves on the roads. It's like being in a live PAC MAN game.
Just an observation -- most of the drivers in Florida are from other states. Just sayin'... ;)

BrunoTaTa

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seemed to be appropriate. I have stalked the forum for 10 plus years, but I have just recently become active in posts. There seems to be a common thread that links us all together. We all love Disney. Hence the confusion. I regularly see the same tired posts from the same people that hate what Disney is now. Disney has changed over the years and will continue to do so. My question is this: If you hate what Disney has become why are you still making posts? If you hate everything why re-live it over and over. Live your Non Disney life and stop posting here. I would exclude people like @DisneyJoe who don't visit but are a great help to others. If all you want to do is make troll posts, then go find a political forum. You can stay busy there. If your entire life revolves around making negative posts in Disney forums then maybe you need to rethink your reasons to be here.
Maybe you could adapt the same attitude and simply ignore posts where people complain about Disney? Surely you are not too fragile to tolerate any criticisms of the parks. Your post is hardly "positive" either, now is it?

Phantom Mickey

I have already said something similar on another post but I'm gonna say it again. Like the OP I watched these threads for awhile (only about 8 months though) prior to my vacation. I had only been to WDW twice before and the last time was in 2010 so I wanted lots of advice. I did find lots that I'm grateful for, but I also got to a point reading these forums where I was honestly worried about sinking so much money into a vacation that so many people seemed to hate. I've read all the comments and I understand that you all love what Disney used to be and it upsets you but I just wanted you to know what's like for a newbie like me. I really started to become terrified it was going to be awful. Thank god I told myself to ignore those thoughts. We had a WONDERFUL time in October. I found the crowds totally manageable and the lines not very painful. I enjoyed the food and aside from a couple of Meh customer service people, found everyone nice and helpful. My family loved taking the busses. Not everything was perfect but it never will be, but I had a fabulous time and now I can't wait to go back. I felt like a little kid lost in the world of Disney. I enjoyed it more than my kids. I'm glad these forums exist and luckily so far no one has been rude to me even when I disagree, but I thought I would just give the opinion of this newbie.

I think the response to the Disney Parks is generational. That is, you speak of those who have been to the parks for years, in my case, starting in 1980. The parks have changed, attractions are gone, the food has not improved and the quantity is shrinking. and it dances on.
Others may have missed the attractions long gone and the shrinking of the food amounts as well as the climbing prices. For you this is all new and you have no example to look back on unless you look at the old brochures.

The forum has comments that relate to the early park years and folks like you see them. That is a gone by era and won't return and you shouldn't be too concerned. The DISNEY you will see will be fresh, new and in todays style of magic which I assume you will enjoy throughout your visit. You won't even notice the the lack of cast members or how rude they may be, or the small food portions or the higher prices, you never saw the earlier versions.
Thats what they count on and that is how it works. It used to be the Disney family but today it is business, and as a business it will move on.
SO enjoy your trip, you certainly will, in todays style of magic.

MAGICFLOP

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seemed to be appropriate. I have stalked the forum for 10 plus years, but I have just recently become active in posts. .
You have read in here for 10 years and never posted, yet in 2 months ripped out 240 posts.. interesting... when the dam breaks it opens wide LOL.

I consider myself negative toward Disney. I loved Disney for most of my life, but feel betrayed by Disney. Disney use to be all about family, good moral character and having fun, but that vision has been re imagined. I see the TV programming becoming less and less moral. I look round the parks and see truth re imagined. I see the vision of Walt turning into something he never envisioned. I think Roy (Walt's Nephew) did an admirable job trying to keep it true, but in the end was overtaken. I think since Eisener took over, we saw changes that were not good, and it continues under Iger.

To get a good glimpse at Disney's thought changes, just look at their more obvious representations of their thinking, which is on display by ESPN and ABC. These 2 entities are the plain sight view of the subtle changes incorporated into the parks.

In your world, I am a troll, but in my world, I just want the old Disney mentality back.. The best way to bring about is let the chips fall where they may, I dropped cable when I found out $7/mo of my bill went to ESPN, I also ceased going to Disney. I tell no once to follow my lead, but if many do, then Disney will be forced to change as ESPN is forced to now.

rob0519

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seemed to be appropriate. I have stalked the forum for 10 plus years, but I have just recently become active in posts. There seems to be a common thread that links us all together. We all love Disney. Hence the confusion. I regularly see the same tired posts from the same people that hate what Disney is now. Disney has changed over the years and will continue to do so. My question is this: If you hate what Disney has become why are you still making posts? If you hate everything why re-live it over and over. Live your Non Disney life and stop posting here. I would exclude people like @DisneyJoe who don't visit but are a great help to others. If all you want to do is make troll posts, then go find a political forum. You can stay busy there. If your entire life revolves around making negative posts in Disney forums then maybe you need to rethink your reasons to be here.

If you would exclude people from these forums who don't share your total pixie dust point of view, maybe you need to rethink your reasons for being here. It's a discussion site. I've gone to Disney World dozens of times, since the mid 90s and given them an incredible amount of our money. I've seen both good and bad changes and it's my right to complain about what I see are insanely price increases, shoddy merchandise, maintenance, etc. I sing their praises when they meet my expectations and complain when they don't.

pax_65

I tell no once to follow my lead, but if many do, then Disney will be forced to change as ESPN is forced to now.

The ESPN reference is interesting. It's a completely different situation but there are some parallels. Disney thought ESPN was the leader in sports and people would pay any price for it. They were wrong. Disney thought they could use ESPN to promote their other intellectual properties, even if it took ESPN further away from their primary focus of sports. Again, they were wrong. Now ESPN is struggling just to stay afloat. There are broader lessons here for Disney to learn if anyone is paying attention.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You have read in here for 10 years and never posted, yet in 2 months ripped out 240 posts.. interesting...

Yup... that line could be smelled from across the street. It's just another person needing a new suit to wear because they can't be seen in their old one.

Bpmorley

I don't think it's about making all negative posts. It's about pointing out some of the wrongs that disney has been doing. I've noticed a big decline in customer service or the last couple year. Sometimes you just have to vent

Phantom Mickey

You have read in here for 10 years and never posted, yet in 2 months ripped out 240 posts.. interesting... when the dam breaks it opens wide LOL.

I consider myself negative toward Disney. I loved Disney for most of my life, but feel betrayed by Disney. Disney use to be all about family, good moral character and having fun, but that vision has been re imagined. I see the TV programming becoming less and less moral. I look round the parks and see truth re imagined. I see the vision of Walt turning into something he never envisioned. I think Roy (Walt's Nephew) did an admirable job trying to keep it true, but in the end was overtaken. I think since Eisener took over, we saw changes that were not good, and it continues under Iger.

To get a good glimpse at Disney's thought changes, just look at their more obvious representations of their thinking, which is on display by ESPN and ABC. These 2 entities are the plain sight view of the subtle changes incorporated into the parks.

In your world, I am a troll, but in my world, I just want the old Disney mentality back.. The best way to bring about is let the chips fall where they may, I dropped cable when I found out $7/mo of my bill went to ESPN, I also ceased going to Disney. I tell no once to follow my lead, but if many do, then Disney will be forced to change as ESPN is forced to now.

AHhhhhh... As I read this, I recall the park, ( it was only one then ) as it was before EPCOT Center was built. I remember the park from experience, not internet searching. It still had most of Walts Standards in mind, still had the Empress Lilly, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, The Mk IV monorails, didn't have the same merchandise in every store location, even unique food choices ( long lost now ).
I used to go to WDW twice a year, then yearly, then every few years. The parks continued to lose the Disney image, cast member numbers went down, lack of maintenance began to show throughout the parks. Food and merchandise choices became few and Fast Pass was about to clobber the guests.

There is a magic at WDW but far from what Walt once had. Younger generations won't know the old Magic so it may not matter to them as this Magic is fresh and new ( for the times ) to them.

Those who remember the past will probably move on or visit less and a new selection of visitors will begin to fill the spaces that the old visitors have left.

I don't know what the future of the WDW parks will be but it seems to be slipping out of Walts Ideals.

Be careful, or Mr "HOLD MY BEER" might wake up and blast your comments.

Walt Disney1955

I think sometimes it comes down to the decisions that are made. Not everyone is happy with them. The money that it costs to go there, the cost of eating there, it is definitely worth complaining about. I do the same thing with sports games. Why are hockey games an atrocious price here in Toronto? It bothers me. Do I still pay if I want to see a game? Yeah, the odd time.

I guess the bottom line is, we're suckers. All of us. It would be nice though if some loyalty would be given back to the guests. There is no reason tickets need to be over $100 for a day at the Magic Kingdom. None. Or $15 to park.

POLY LOVER

Florida pretty consistently ranks as the worst state for driving in terms of number of accidents, I figure it is all the retirees! Cheryl mentioned Boston but Boston has a very low rate of crashes compared to FL. MA is way down for number of accidents, I have driven through 46 of the 48 states and found the Boston stereotype to be unfounded. Seems like more of a thing for Boston people to brag/complain about than a real problem. My experience are pretty close to the NHTSA data shown in the article below.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-with-the-most-car-accidents.html

A quick google search shows that the most dangerous states for highway deaths are the more sparsely populated, in 2016 Wyoming was the worst, not at all what most people expect. But for crashes it is Florida for the "win" :)

I have been here for two years and by far the tourist pull some moves I have never experienced ever. I think they are distracted by everything on top of not knowing where they are going. I vote tourists in Florida as the number one contributors.

lazyboy97o

I have been here for two years and by far the tourist pull some moves I have never experienced ever. I think they are distracted by everything on top of not knowing where they are going. I vote tourists in Florida as the number one contributors.
If it was tourists then the horrible driving would be limited to the tourist areas. Even out in the boonies the drivers are crazy.

Driver

If it was tourists then the horrible driving would be limited to the tourist areas. Even out in the boonies the drivers are crazy.
What you say is true I agree, but I also agree with Poly Lover. The tourists stunts that I see everyday are beyond belief. Not a day goes by that we don't have an accident on property. I understand people don't know property and make mistakes but it doesn't matter were you're from if there are multiple signs saying No U turn and you do it anyway! And get hit! That's got nothing to do with being unfamiliar that's just being stupid. And the next big one is speed, people race around property and realize their turn is coming up and they just cut the wheel! I've seen roll overs from this. What a way to ruin a nice vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom