If you HAD to lose one when the parks reopen, which would you pick

Which would you be OK with giving up when the parks reopen

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just get ready for whatever they do to be the new standard all over the world.
I wouldn’t be so sure...

China is authoritarian...the EU tends to do what they want...California has higher standards - typically...Florida can’t figure out what to do in many cases...japan is run by a private company

I don’t think Disney can “decree” the same orders under the circumstances

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd say buffets because buffets are kinda gross tbh 😂. Especially with the virus people will be touching all of the food and stuff.
iB3.gif

Mr Mindcrime

For me, I'd still visit WDW even without meet and greets (would never stand in line to get a picture of an unknown college kid wearing a costume ), buffets, self serve drink machines, and pool access. There are lots of other food choices and drink options. The pools are nice visually but since our kids are grown, we don't spend time in the pools anymore. We don't go necessarily for the parades or fireworks but they are a large part of the overall atmosphere and experience so if those disappeared, then maybe the price starts to not justify the product or experience. Queues and shows are a must.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

I have to vote for drink machines, buffets, and character meet and greets. Imagine all the COVID and all other sorts of gross things on the characters' costumes. Talk about fricken' gross! While I'm sorta okay with buffets, until I get a vaccine I'm not likely to visit one. I'm pretty grossed out not by the food itself necessarily, but the serving spoons. Most people are filthy animals who go to the restroom, take care of business, look in the mirror to fix their hair, and walk out... when the sink and soap are right in front of them and they obviously have 20 seconds to wash up. What's the point of me washing my hands if Bubba just walked out and touches the same door handle and serving spoon? ("Bubba" is a fictitious character name in this story. Any resemblance to real living persons is purely coincidence.) 🤣

Fireworks, parades, shows, pools... with proper precautionary steps taken by Disney, these are essential for thinning crowds for rides late in the evening. Y'all (no, I'm not southern) can take your kids to those attractions, and I'll hop on as many rides as possible. 😁

FettFan

I WAS going to put "Buffets" then I realized that would include the toppings bars at Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's.

So I said "parades". Because let's face it... with the loss of MSEP and Spectromagic, there's not much in the way of parades anyway.
You have Festival of Fantasy and the Electrical Water Pageant, and that's about it.

Stars and Motor Cars is gone from DHS. Mickey's Jungle Jam is gone from DAK.

And Epcot hasn't had a parade in nearly 20 years.

So really, no big loss if FoF gets shelved for a while.

Keith bylander

sadly there is a high probability that all will be gone.... I look for Disney to take a write off and abandon all of the parks..... even today, Netflix is more valuable than Disney.... take a look at their other write downs.... they are headed down Marvel movies direction...…

MickeyLuv'r

I thought he meant unhealthy as in “causing obesity.”

I didn't get that from his earlier post, but perhaps he suggested it in his follow up post.

Though, well...speaking for myself, I've always felt buffets do invite overeating.

1. Just the way buffets/AYCE meals are priced indicates how much food WDW expects us to eat:
A meal at Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare =$60, 'Ohana = $55
Plated meal: Big River Grille: $12-$27+lemonade $4.50=16.50,-31.50, the Wave: $18-34 +$3 coffee = $21-37.

2. At counter service and plated dining locations, I tend to split meals or maybe have something small like an orange or a yogurt in place of a meal. At a buffet, I can't.

The crazy thing is: We used to go to WDW with extended family. A number of times, despite arriving before our ADR, we were often seated 45-60+ minutes late, which = sleeping toddlers. They literally slept though the entire meal, yet we were still charged a dining credit for their seat space! CRAZY! We weren't even allowed to take food for them, in case they woke up.

At WDW, sharing a spoon handle isn't my main concern with buffets. (Nor do I pay attention to what strangers eat.)

I did my time working in food service establishments though, and the things I've seen people do in restaurants...

MickeyLuv'r

Sadly, this is not pure fiction.

Oh, salad bar horror stories are the stuff of legends! I mean what else do you think keeps people motivated to stay in the food service industry? The daily stories are disgustingly hilarious.

For that matter, it is probably what keeps many WDW CM's returning to their jobs every day.

Ever notice how many famous comedians used to wait tables?

Kobe!!

I WAS going to put "Buffets" then I realized that would include the toppings bars at Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's.

So I said "parades". Because let's face it... with the loss of MSEP and Spectromagic, there's not much in the way of parades anyway.
You have Festival of Fantasy and the Electrical Water Pageant, and that's about it.

Stars and Motor Cars is gone from DHS. Mickey's Jungle Jam is gone from DAK.

And Epcot hasn't had a parade in nearly 20 years.

So really, no big loss if FoF gets shelved for a while.

Remember the Barbie parade, thing they had... hahaha

Shouldigo12

From a pure enjoyment standpoint, fireworks. Never been a fan. In my opinion once you see one fireworks show, you've seen them all.

From a health standpoint, buffets. I like having a big selection, but I feel I would be too nervous to eat at one now. I would be fine with all buffets switching to family style meals and losing some of the selection.

UNCgolf

From a pure enjoyment standpoint, fireworks. Never been a fan. In my opinion once you see one fireworks show, you've seen them all.

From a health standpoint, buffets. I like having a big selection, but I feel I would be too nervous to eat at one now. I would be fine with all buffets switching to family style meals and losing some of the selection.

I think it would be tough to change a breakfast buffet into a family style meal and have it retain any of the value. Too many of the items wouldn't work very well family style IMO.

Plus, if you're going to do family style and have multiple groups sit at a big table and share the same plates of food... you're not really gaining much over a buffet. In fact, at least as far as Covid-19 is concerned, family style may actually be more dangerous than a standard buffet.

I know I'd personally much rather eat at a buffet where staff puts the food on your plate than eat family style with a bunch of strangers (although as I said above, breakfast is the only meal where I'm remotely interested in a buffet).

Shouldigo12

I think it would be tough to change a breakfast buffet into a family style meal and have it retain any of the value. Too many of the items wouldn't work very well family style IMO.

Plus, if you're going to do family style and have multiple groups sit at a big table and share the same plates of food... you're not really gaining much over a buffet. In fact, at least as far as Covid-19 is concerned, family style may actually be more dangerous than a standard buffet.

I know I'd personally much rather eat at a buffet where staff puts the food on your plate than eat family style with a bunch of strangers (although as I said above, breakfast is the only meal where I'm remotely interested in a buffet).
Fair. When I was thinking family style I was thinking how Liberty Tree Tavern does it; huge bowls of food brought out to your party with as many refills as you want. I would assume sharing food between yourself and your own group wouldn't be too risky considering how close you'll be the rest of the time. But if it was a system where you were sharing the bowls with your own group plus several others than yeah, that's likely to be worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom