If you HAD to lose one when the parks reopen, which would you pick

Which would you be OK with giving up when the parks reopen

• Total voters

NelleBelle

I’ve never seen family style where you share with others outside your party...that would be just gross (even before covid)!

UNCgolf

Fair. When I was thinking family style I was thinking how Liberty Tree Tavern does it; huge bowls of food brought out to your party with as many refills as you want. I would assume sharing food between yourself and your own group wouldn't be too risky considering how close you'll be the rest of the time. But if it was a system where you were sharing the bowls with your own group plus several others than yeah, that's likely to be worse.
I’ve never seen family style where you share with others outside your party...that would be just gross (even before covid)!

I've never done family style at Disney, but the couple of times I have been to a family style restaurant it was big long tables with multiple parties and gigantic platters of food (not something I have any interest in ever doing again). How else does it work if you don't have a big party? Like, if you only have two people at Liberty Tree Tavern, they still bring you huge bowls overflowing with food? That seems like it would end up being really wasteful with a ton of food going into the garbage.

I definitely don't see how it would work for breakfast though (aka the only kind of buffet that interests me) -- it would probably just end up being eggs, bacon, sausage, and maybe toast or something like that? In which case you'd be better off just eating regular breakfast somewhere and getting the exact same items for much cheaper.

NelleBelle

Whenever we've done it for our family of 4 (and when we were a family of 2), they accommodated the portions accordingly. And as for sitting with others, I hate to say it, no thanks! I've done it once on DCL and that was enough for me. It may have been different if the family they seated us with spoke English, but it was so incredibly awkward that we've always requested a table for just our family (plus, at the time, as a type 1 diabetic I didn't have an insulin pump yet and was still doing insulin injections, and while I can do it discreetly, I have no desire to sit with strangers and do that)! 🥴

UNCgolf

Whenever we've done it for our family of 4 (and when we were a family of 2), they accommodated the portions accordingly. And as for sitting with others, I hate to say it, no thanks! I've done it once on DCL and that was enough for me. It may have been different if the family they seated us with spoke English, but it was so incredibly awkward that we've always requested a table for just our family (plus, at the time, as a type 1 diabetic I didn't have an insulin pump yet and was still doing insulin injections, and while I can do it discreetly, I have no desire to sit with strangers and do that)! 🥴

I have no interest in sitting with strangers either, which is one of the reasons I've always been opposed to family style. It sounds like the way they do it at Disney is better, but I still think they probably end up throwing away a ton of food. It's not like they can give it to someone else when a family finishes all of the green beans and gets another bowl, but then barely eats any of the new bowl.

Shouldigo12

I've never done family style at Disney, but the couple of times I have been to a family style restaurant it was big long tables with multiple parties and gigantic platters of food (not something I have any interest in ever doing again). How else does it work if you don't have a big party? Like, if you only have two people at Liberty Tree Tavern, they still bring you huge bowls overflowing with food? That seems like it would end up being really wasteful with a ton of food going into the garbage.

I definitely don't see how it would work for breakfast though (aka the only kind of buffet that interests me) -- it would probably just end up being eggs, bacon, sausage, and maybe toast or something like that? In which case you'd be better off just eating regular breakfast somewhere and getting the exact same items for much cheaper.
When I went to Liberty it was just me and my mom. They brought out all the usual stuff, but I think just in smaller bowls. We were able to eat enough that we requested a refill on a couple things. Family style can work with small parties, the waiter would just have to know to adjust the amount being brought out.

UNCgolf

When I went to Liberty it was just me and my mom. They brought out all the usual stuff, but I think just in smaller bowls. We were able to eat enough that we requested a refill on a couple things. Family style can work with small parties, the waiter would just have to know to adjust the amount being brought out.

Yeah, I get that. Even with small parties, though, I'm sure they throw away more food than they do at a buffet, and certainly far more than they would at a normal table service restaurant.

graphite1326

I chose parades. I don't like them anyway. Never could understand why people like them. sit for hours in the heat to watch a band walk by and you get to hear part of a song. Or a float?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom