If you HAD to lose one when the parks reopen, which would you pick

Which would you be OK with giving up when the parks reopen

• Total voters

gobstoper27

Original Poster
With all the craziness going on and thinking about what the parks might be like when it eventually opens; I've been thinking, what could I give up and still have a semi-enjoyable time. I know everything will open in phases and to be honest it probably won't be very enjoyable or what we're used to for quite some time. Thought this could be a fun poll. Excited to hear everyone's thoughts!

The Grand Inquisitor

With all the craziness going on and thinking about what the parks might be like when it eventually opens; I've been thinking, what could I give up and still have a semi-enjoyable time. I know everything will open in phases and to be honest it probably won't be very enjoyable or what we're used to for quite some time. Thought this could be a fun poll. Excited to hear everyone's thoughts!
I'd say buffets because buffets are kinda gross tbh 😂. Especially with the virus people will be touching all of the food and stuff.

gobstoper27

Original Poster
No pools. I typically dont use my resort pool... but the hot tub is a different story. A good hot soak after a day in the park is soothing.
I could go with Pools to. I have yet to step foot in a Disney pool..just never enough time for me

gobstoper27

Original Poster
I said buffets, but I also feel like those spots could transition into family style meals without there being any great loss.
Yes, the only thing with family style is that you lose a lot of options. But it is a bit more sanitary. Cooties are only being spread amongst your party, lol

Joel

I think I'm permanently done with buffets, Disney or otherwise. I've never had a problem with them, but early this February I got sick (fever, dry cough...) the day after eating at one. Could have just been a coincidence, but fool me once and all that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everything except pools, rides and shows...

Because I have paid for them...and will continue to be charged for them in the future.

And by rides...I mean stand by lines...because those rides are designed for high capacity throughput. Doombuggies aren’t maintenanced out of convenience...
Lines are part of the deal.

They can convert to digital reservations or all fast pass...be my guest.

But this bad fastpass+ system isn’t cutting it. If attendance is 50% now...perfect time to fix it. And start that construction back up...cause you’ll need it like you wouldn’t believe.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

They could keep buffets, and just have cooks or other staff serve people portions. Kind of like they do in a carving station.

I thought about that as well. I just started playing with the numbers and trying to determine which they might be more likely to do. CMs serving from the buffet would enable them to keep their more standard buffet menus, but it makes me wonder if it would increase operating costs to have extra people on the floor serving from the buffet. With the losses they'll be trying to recover, I see them pushing for whichever approach covers enough of the expected guest experience while keeping on eye on expenses.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Buffets aren’t healthy...who are we kidding?

But they also generate a ridiculous amount of margin for Disney.

Talk about setting up “bad situations”...there it is

bryanfze55

Buffets, while not necessary, can easily be managed by having a worker (wearing a mask of course) “scoop” your serving for you.

We can’t afford to lose theater shows. With FastPass+ creating obscene standby waits and each park having too few rides, those attractions (think Muppet Vision) are the only thing to do in the middle of the day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Buffets, while not necessary, can easily be managed by having a worker (wearing a mask of course) “scoop” your serving for you.

We can’t afford to lose theater shows. With FastPass+ creating obscene standby waits and each park having too few rides, those attractions (think Muppet Vision) are the only thing to do in the middle of the day.
Fastpass exposed how underbuilt they are for today’s crowds...

They can’t lose anything and are behind on adding.

Buffets are unhealthy and overpriced. My opinion and it’s just that.

bryanfze55

Fastpass exposed how underbuilt they are for today’s crowds...

They can’t lose anything and are behind on adding.

Buffets are unhealthy and overpriced. My opinion and it’s just that.

Yes, but it does remain an individual choice. If they can still be had with adequate virus mitigation, they should be.

NelleBelle

I initially was going to choose buffets because of what a lot of people mentioned—people touching/getting too close to the food. But that’s easily remedied with staff serving like mentioned above is several posts.
The self-serve drink stations are what need to go (especially the water coolers at Starbucks where NO ONE uses the provided cups to fill their personal water bottle). People stick their disgusting, germ-filled water bottles up on those things and fill ‘em up! 🤢 They so the same at the resorts with the reusable resort cups—come in, I know some wash them out but even so, those things are NOT CLEAN!! And then they stick them up I. That soda dispenser!!! Ew. So. Gross!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom