If you could imagineer any ride or attraction what would you build?

sublimesting

Original Poster
As the title asks: If you were king imagineer (I'm assuming that is what the head imagineer is called) what attraction or ride or show would you just LOVE to see in any of the parks?

As I have stated before I would love to see a dark ride with classic Disney characters, as surprisingly, Disney has no rides that feature the Fab 5. This really baffles me to no end.

I would have classic scenes such as The Sorceror's Apprentice, The Brave Little Tailor, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Mickey's Trailer, Steamboat Willie, The Beagle Boys robbing Uncle Scrooge whilst the nephews come to the rescue (I made that one up but I'm sure it's in a comic or TV show), Mickey, Goofie and Donald as the ghost hunters.

So what is everyone's dream attraction?:wave:

Thiger

I would love to see a 'TRON' ride where you play the games and speed around in one of those cool bikes.

I would like to see a 'Hercules' Rollarcoster that involves hills that are above ground (Mount Olympis) and then you fly underground ( with a full sized animatronic Hades). I've always thought that it would be totally scary to zoom in and out of above ground and underground. I'm talking EE level of detail

cpeterstx

I've always wanted a dark ride that tells the story of Walt Disney himself. As the years move forward, I hate the thought of our next generation of children not knowing who he is and what he did during his too-short life.

The ride would cover his boyhood, his early years of animation, the beginnings of Walt Disney Animation, the classic movies, Disneyland, and the "Florida Project". Riders would move through these scenes as Walt and others would tell his story in animatronics and films (much like AA in Epcot).

Walt is guiding the tour as both an animatronic and in film (classic archival clips). My problem is that I struggle with the thought of an Animatronic Walt. It just seems strange to me. I know it's no different, in theory, than an animatronic version of a Sitting president but still. I just can't get past it. Would Walt be pleased with an animatronic version of himself or would he be mortified?

sublimesting

Original Poster
I've always wanted a dark ride that tells the story of Walt Disney himself. As the years move forward, I hate the thought of our next generation of children not knowing who he is and what he did during his too-short life.

The ride would cover his boyhood, his early years of animation, the beginnings of Walt Disney Animation, the classic movies, Disneyland, and the "Florida Project". Riders would move through these scenes as Walt and others would tell his story in animatronics and films (much like AA in Epcot).

Walt is guiding the tour as both an animatronic and in film (classic archival clips). My problem is that I struggle with the thought of an Animatronic Walt. It just seems strange to me. I know it's no different, in theory, than an animatronic version of a Sitting president but still. I just can't get past it. Would Walt be pleased with an animatronic version of himself or would he be mortified?

Walt agrees about animatronic Walt being strange as either he or his wife made it known that Disney is never to develop an animatronic Walt Disney. I can't recall where I heard this though.

cpeterstx

Walt agrees about animatronic Walt being strange as either he or his wife made it known that Disney is never to develop an animatronic Walt Disney. I can't recall where I heard this though.

If that's the case, I would have to agree with the wishes of the family. I would find it totally creepy, myself.

raven

If I were an Imagineer I wouldn't tell! But I have many planned out attractions that I've been drawing since I was 12 but they are all top secret! :zipit:

iubigman

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride

Belle's father in the scary woods, Be our Guest, Battle of the Castle.

Coulod be a great dark coaster, or attraction like Indy at Disneyland.

baz212

I would imagineer a replica of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My 2 1/2 year old would go nuts!
I agree. I woiuld retheme Toontown to be the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and other buildings they visit in the show. Then I would replace Pooh's Playful Spot with a Nemo or Little Mermaid water ride ala 20,000 leagues or maybe Splash Mountain since The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse area would have lots of playgroiund features.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A Scottish pavilion at Epcot, featuring a dark ride based on the myths and legends of the country, it would be built on the Dinosaur track system, and in keeping with the counties history be violent dark and laced with black humour. The restaurant would be a tribute to the versatility of deep fried food, Irn Bru would be served instead of coke, and there would be a an opportunity to purchase Scottish goods, tartan would however be banned.

There would be an exhibition reminding people what a disproportionate impact given the population size, that the Scots have made on the world in general and the US in particular, and that as we are naturally modest we dont require weeks of drunken celebration to mark our impact.

sublimesting

Original Poster
A Scottish pavilion at Epcot, featuring a dark ride based on the myths and legends of the country, it would be built on the Dinosaur track system, and in keeping with the counties history be violent dark and laced with black humour. The restaurant would be a tribute to the versatility of deep fried food, Irn Bru would be served instead of coke, and there would be a an opportunity to purchase Scottish goods, tartan would however be banned.

There would be an exhibition reminding people what a disproportionate impact given the population size, that the Scots have made on the world in general and the US in particular, and that as we are naturally modest we dont require weeks of drunken celebration to mark our impact.

You guys already have an EPCOT pavilion...it's called England.

JUST KIDDING! I know you are totally different and not English. My friend in college was Scottish and a professor made the mistake of combining the two countries in a lecture and he stood up and WENT OFF on a 5 minute diatribe that ended with "...the English tried to push us into the sea and we sent them *^$^^**^&%^&((*&^%@#$ right back to tthe queen and speaking of that when they say "God save the queen" I'll be sitting right here on me &** in America!":wave:

Edeyore

The Greatest Movie Ride

This movie ride would be located in the Magic Kingdom. It would be a dark ride with songs and scenes from all the best Disney movies. Literally surrounding riders in the sights and sounds of Disney. Marching home with the Dwarves to heigh ho. Flying through the air over Agraba with Aladdin & Jasmine, etc.

whitemule28

I would love to imagineer a LOST dark ride in the style of Indiana Jones and DINOSAUR occupying a place either in Adventureland or DHS. The ride vehicles would be styled after an Oceanic plane, and enclosed (initially) giving the illusion of being on an actual plane. The queue and boarding would be styled after an Australian airport terminal. Vehicles would begin by taxiing to the runway while vehicle audio would mock the takeoff jargon of a pilot. Views out of the "windows" would show those typical of an trans-pacific flight.

Suddenly the vehicle would begin to shake and bounce about, with the pilots shouting on the intercom...and BANG, the vehicle goes black, the top separates from the vehicle (im not too sure as to feasability of this), and you are thrown into a beach scene in which there is plane wreckage and AA characters surrounding you. The vehicle rapidly accelerates to avoid the crashed engine and takes you through various high adrenaline scenes from the show including, but not limited to, the smoke monster, Boone's falling in the plane, Loche's blowing-up of the sub, encounters with the others, Hurley in the VW Van, and eventually ending in the rescue of the ride vehicle (we dont know this or other possible scenes yet obviously).

I would like to see a nightmare before christmas dark ride! I know there are whole threads about this but im bringin to this one lol They keep doing the 3D thing every year so why not have a cool ride to go with it. :cool:

Thiger

I would love to imagineer a LOST dark ride in the style of Indiana Jones and DINOSAUR occupying a place either in Adventureland or DHS. The ride vehicles would be styled after an Oceanic plane, and enclosed (initially) giving the illusion of being on an actual plane. The queue and boarding would be styled after an Australian airport terminal. Vehicles would begin by taxiing to the runway while vehicle audio would mock the takeoff jargon of a pilot. Views out of the "windows" would show those typical of an trans-pacific flight.

Suddenly the vehicle would begin to shake and bounce about, with the pilots shouting on the intercom...and BANG, the vehicle goes black, the top separates from the vehicle (im not too sure as to feasability of this), and you are thrown into a beach scene in which there is plane wreckage and AA characters surrounding you. The vehicle rapidly accelerates to avoid the crashed engine and takes you through various high adrenaline scenes from the show including, but not limited to, the smoke monster, Boone's falling in the plane, Loche's blowing-up of the sub, encounters with the others, Hurley in the VW Van, and eventually ending in the rescue of the ride vehicle (we dont know this or other possible scenes yet obviously).

That would be really cool
you could have the top of the plan 'fly' basically like haunted mansion elevator.

That would be a really fun ride.

mac41099

A ride for The Incredibles that is similar in style to the Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure. Put it in DHS.

The Incredibles are the only Pixar film not represented at the parks or in the works (not counting Ratatouille since it is so new). **don't say anything, all you Pixar haters out there**

Be a cool ride/attraction for younger boys, including myself at a young age of 33. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

earnhrdt3

how about a disney villians dark ride. i think constant motion rides are better like HM, so, if you could just have audio animatronics of the biggest disney villians and maybe at the end you could have jafar turn into the big red genie and you escape just in time...something like that .... thanks for the post!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom