If you could give just one tip (advice) what would it be???

sweetpee_1993

Do your homework asap! Of all the people I've ever talked to about how their WDW trip was only 1 ever said it was horrible for the duration. I questioned him a little further because I couldn't understand how someone could go to WDW and have a bad time. What it boiled down to was that he and his wife didn't do anything other than book a hotel room off-property and show up to buy tickets. They had no ADRs, no knowledge of anything useful such as fastpasses, photopass, EMHs, etc. Their trip was miserable and he swears he'll never go back. From listening to him I understand that the absolute most important thing anyone should do before any trip they take is do some homework and put forth effort to research. How do you know what's available or what you want to do if you don't????

So my A-#1-biggest tip is always: do your homework!!!!

Have fun!

:wave:

kreiderr

It's so hard to give just one piece of advice, but here are some that I didn't see so far on the list.

In the Magic Kingdom as you enter all the shops on the left side are interconnected. This means that if you enter at Casey's Corner you can make it all the way to the park exit without being on the street. It's great for avoiding crowds during parades and fireworks. For fast food try the Harbour House, but go to the second floor, It's usally less crowded and you can watch the people on the street. There's a great spot behind the Christmas Store in Liberty Square to sit, eat a funnel cake and relax. Make sure you make reservations for dinner, otherwise you'll never get in. Get there when the park opens. There's so many more...

Tom Morrow

My best piece of advice is, and this is from observing thousands of guests in the park, that when you enter a park, never, ever go by a pre-planned schedule. You should definitely do your homework before you get there, as another poster said, and have a general idea of everything you would like to cover before your vacation is over. But, once you are inside the actual parks, it is much better and more enjoyable to just go at your own pace and "wing it" (with the exception of making resturant reservations and whatnot).

Guests who have a bad time at the parks are the ones who are trying way too hard to stick to their schedule and get everything in. You never will get everything done in one vacation, so its better to just step back and go at whatever pace you feel like. You'll have a much less stressful time.

Also, I must add this: Fastpasses are helpful, but don't let your entire day be driven by Fastpass times. In the time you waste getting new Fastpasses, you could have easilly ridden a few more rides that have shorter waits.

macsmom

I would print out this thread and do what everyone says. Honestly. All the tips are great and right on. Especially the one that says go back to your resort in the middle of the day. I followed that advice on my last trip and it does wonders for your evenings!

danna

Capt. Salty

Just have fun.... Don't get all crazy over the little things.... Take the time and realize where you are!!! ENJOY yourself! ...
I couldn't agree more...don't try to rush from this to that. you will be more exhausted by days' end and end up frustrated and needing a vacation to recover from your vacation!:snore:
Enjoy the time there.

reptar77

Make ADR's, even if you don't think you are going to use them. You can always cancel them. MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL THEM THOUGH, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Have a great trip.:)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Here is another vote for getting your dining reservations done. Do them early! 180 days prior. I am on the phone making dining reservations daily and let me tell you certain restaurants fill up VERY early and if you do not call early you will not get them.

I cannot stress it enough that whether you have the dining plan or not, if you want to eat in a sit down establishment, make those reservations EARLY!

Have a great time!!

Pam

pixel-dust

If you can't go to your hotel for some afternoon rest or a swim, make a priority seating reservation at one of the restaurants for 1 pm ish. The lunch menu is normally less than the dinner, and you will get the benefit of hydration and nutrition. Take your time, don't rush. If you start the day at 9 am you will be ready for a break at 1. And remember, the parks could be open till 10 that night, so there is lots of adventure ahead of you.

Second tip: already been said- Sunscreen! You can burn in May in Florida, and sore baked skin will but a real damper on your fun.

PrincessK

Make the ADR's for sit-downs. Even if you cancel them later if you change your mind, at least you have a "plan."

And, I cannot agree enough with everyone else who suggested it:

Take the afternoon break back at your hotel. Swim, nap, wander, eat lunch there. Lunch at the resorts tend to be a little less crowded. I've never had to wait for a table. It refreshes you for a reentry around dinner time.

Enjoy!

hrcollectibles

1. When you get to your hotel watch the 7 must see things at walt disney world
2. As said Before USe Sunscreen
3. Buy Lithium Batteries before you go and bring them with you. ( I leanred the hard way. It was about 5 minutes before the Halloween parade when my akaline batteries died and I left my back ups in the room. I was staitoned infront of the Christmas SHop and went in and it happend to be the last pack of batteries.. i think it was like 18.00 for the four pack..)
4. Take a break during the day
5. If you happen to be a smoker buy them before you get into the park as there is no place to buy them in the parks
6. Have Fun
7. Catch the night time shows
8. Have fun

Thiger

always keep 'having fun' as the top priority.
if you find your party getting serious at any points, then you stop having fun and disney feels like you're rushing it.

some of my best times there were riding POTC 6 or 7 times in a row just cuz my brother and i felt like doing something spontaneous.

oh and keep hydrated...last year i think i had too much fun at the AC and wound up getting really dehydrated at the AK the next morning :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom