If you could bring back ONE attraction...

Magenta Panther

Never got to ride the original Journey, although I've seen videos of it. The current version sucks soccerballs in my opinion.

My choice would be Maelstrom, hands down. There was just something about it. The whole Norway area had an eerie magic. Now it's going to be covered in Frozendust. Feh.

MissM

The original Imagination Pavilion. Without hesitation. Sometimes it's physically painful to me that I will literally never get to experience it again.

(There are several 80's era attractions I mourn including Horizons but Imagination will always hold the most dear place in my heart.)

yedliW

I went once in the mid 80s as a kid, then not again until 4 years ago, so a lot of what has been mentioned isn't even a memory to me.. but the one that jumped out instantly when I read the title of the tread is 20k leagues. It is one of the only things I remember from the trip, but we only spent 1 day each at EPCOT Center and Magic Kingdom, so there was a lot we didn't see (or I don't remember) A close second would be the Journey into Imagination.. with the much cooler play area after the ride.

KDM31091

Skyway. It was a true mistake to remove it. The issues (people spitting from the cars, handicap accessibility, etc) could have been solved with enough money. I get that Disney didn't want to spend the money, but now the park has only one transportation ride and if it's down for rehab you're SOL and have to walk everywhere in the park. Plus, it added a nice kinetic energy and "life" to the park.

surfsupdon

I always say Mr. Toad. It is our sentimental favorite, and was so madcap and pretty fun. Def made us smile moreso than the other dark style rides.

FigmentPigments

The original Imagination Pavilion. Without hesitation. Sometimes it's physically painful to me that I will literally never get to experience it again.

(There are several 80's era attractions I mourn including Horizons but Imagination will always hold the most dear place in my heart.)
Amen! I was totally in love with the Imagination Pavilion as a kid. One year, my parents took a friend with us to Disney World (totally awesome parents) and I talked incessantly about Journey into Imagination and the whole pavilion. When we got there however, the walls were already up, and I never got to go through the rainbow tunnel or use a giant paint brush to paint the murals on the wall again. No more Dreamfinder or Imagination song. To me, Disney creativity died a little that day. I know it may sound silly that "it's physically painful" to never experience a particular attraction again, but even as I'm sitting here typing this response, I can feel that ache and sense of loss. The first time I rode the newest version of the Figment ride, and they played the Imagination song at the end, I teared up. They hadn't completely destroyed everything.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom