If you could bring back ONE attraction...

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I was thinking the other day about attractions from when I was a kid that aren't there anymore and I started trying to decide which one I would bring back if I could. I got it down to Mr. Toad, The Chairlifts, and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I really can't decide what I would bring back and it is entirely possible that these attractions aren't as good as I remember them but those are the ones I'd probably bring back for the MK. I'm also sad the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground is going away because I really have great memories of playing on it as a kid and actually I liked the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire thing too. So what would you resurrect if you could?

belledream

I only know WDW from the mid 90's on...so pulling from that, I just miss Mickey's Toontown Fair. I have such vivid memories of running around there at night. Donald's Boat...Pete's Garage...the cookies in Minnie's oven. Storybook Circus is cute in it's own little right, but just not as iconic to me as being able to parade down the neighborhood of Mickey & Co.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I only know WDW from the mid 90's on...so pulling from that, I just miss Mickey's Toontown Fair. I have such vivid memories of running around there at night. Donald's Boat...Pete's Garage...the cookies in Minnie's oven. Storybook Circus is cute in it's own little right, but just not as iconic to me as being able to parade down the neighborhood of Mickey & Co.
I was actually gonna mention Toon Town. I really loved it too. I think Storybook Circus is really well done though. I can understand the change. I actually went over to Toon Town right before they tore it down and took really detailed videos of every single thing there so I would always have it. The ONE thing I really wish wouldn't have had to happen though is I wish we wouldn't have lost the experience of riding Dumbo behind the castle. That was such a right of passage and never got old but it did at least alleviate some of the congestion there by moving the crowd to the back of the park. Still it makes me sad to think about sometimes though.

Last edited:

rob0519

I was thinking the other day about attractions from when I was a kid that aren't there anymore and I started trying to decide which one I would bring back if I could. I got it down to Mr. Toad, The Chairlifts, and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I really can't decide what I would bring back and it is entirely possible that these attractions aren't as good as I remember them but those are the ones I'd probably bring back for the MK. I'm also sad the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground is going away because I really have great memories of playing on it as a kid and actually I liked the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire thing too. So what would you resurrect if you could?

I would have to say Toon Town as well. It may be my age and the kids today may have other favorites, but I find it hard to look at the MK without Mickey and Minnie's house.

Disney4family

I also have fond memories of Toontown Fair when my kids were little. I prefer the old theming of Goofy's Barnstormer. The new theming is not as immersive and seems to be lacking. We also enjoyed the face painters every trip (they've moved next to the smoking area & restrooms of Tomorrowland). I miss seeing Mickey & Minnie's homes. As silly as it sounds, it was comforting to know that's where they lived and watched over their park.
I also understand the changes, but the whole package doesn't gel for me. The new lighting and water with Dumbo is beautiful at night, but I find the sign garish compared to the quaint sign they used to have. However, I also miss the colorful, cartoon look of the train station. Now it's brown and dull. It was nice to have a "cartoon-y", sweet area with the Fab 5 that had a different feel to it than Fantasyland.

From my childhood - I would say the 20,000 Leagues attraction. I wish my husband and kids would be able to experience it. It was fun, immersive and magical.

belledream

I was actually gonna mention Toon Town. I really loved it too. I think Storybook Circus is really well done though. I can understand the change. I actually went over to Toon Town right before they tore it down and took really detailed videos of every single thing there so I would always have it. The ONE thing I really wish wouldn't have had to happen though is I wish we wouldn't have lost the experience of riding Dumbo behind the castle. That was such a right of passage and never got old but it did at least alleviate some of the congestion there by moving the crowd to the back of the park. Still it makes me sad to think about sometimes though.
Likewise! I think it was in 2010 and that was the start of my "adult" trips so I said bye to Toontown more so in excitement of what was to come...aka New Fantasyland in general. But now I miss it.

And totally agree about riding Dumbo behind the castle. Without a doubt my favorite childhood ride that I made my parents do over and over!

belledream

I also have fond memories of Toontown Fair when my kids were little. I prefer the old theming of Goofy's Barnstormer. The new theming is not as immersive and seems to be lacking. We also enjoyed the face painters every trip (they've moved next to the smoking area & restrooms of Tomorrowland). I miss seeing Mickey & Minnie's homes. As silly as it sounds, it was comforting to know that's where they lived and watched over their park.
I also understand the changes, but the whole package doesn't gel for me. The new lighting and water with Dumbo is beautiful at night, but I find the sign garish compared to the quaint sign they used to have. However, I also miss the colorful, cartoon look of the train station. Now it's brown and dull. It was nice to have a "cartoon-y", sweet area with the Fab 5 that had a different feel to it than Fantasyland.

From my childhood - I would say the 20,000 Leagues attraction. I wish my husband and kids would be able to experience it. It was fun, immersive and magical.
And also agree about the older Goofy's Barnstormer theme! The story made so much sense with the backdrop.

Edward M

I would have to go Horizons although I never was able to ride it. I just want Epcot to have a ride that's an optimistic look at the future in Future World. I just feel like Epcot is lacking so much in great dark rides. The only one left is Spaceship Earth and the other two (Figment and Nemo) are horrible. I just think Horizons would improve Epcot more than any other ride could improve any other park.

Disney4family

I'm sorry - I should clarify - I find the new Storybook Circus sign to be garish, not the new Dumbo sign. Just doesn't scream Disney to me, I guess.

mitchk

Maelstrom,
Maelstrom

Yup!! Along with Horizons, World Of Motion, Journey Into Imagination.... Damn the whole EPCOT Center, even the old Innventtions, anyone remember the ride through? In MK ...I would have to say either 20k, or the skyway, since I never got to ride either one Also Alien Encounter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom