If Walt were alive, what ride or attraction would impress him the most?

olmec26

One of my favorite Marty Sklar quotes:

"I think that if Walt were to see Disney World today, he'd look right at me and say, 'What took you so long?!'"

Dads 2 Boys

I think Kilimanjaro Safaris would be along with the Hall of Presidents. He was very proud of the Lincoln AA done for the World's Fair in '64 so to see all the Presidents would make him proud.

ttalovebug

I agree that KS would probably impress him the most, but I think the American Adventure would be his favorite. It's so unabashedly patriotic, and he was one of the most patriotic Americans one could find.

DisneyParksFan

I would go with Soarin'
It's a creative way to put on what would normally be a basic show. It's a classic example of "plussing" to create a better experience.

MillerPoppins

Nicely put. And to expand upon that, he has given the American family a priceless gift. WDW adds to my excitement about having a family. My husband and I don't have kids yet, and sometimes I get freaked out about having kids and raising them in the current world climate (like poor Phoebe Prince). But then I think about Disney, and the fact that there is still a happy place in the world where I can spend time with my family and have some good, clean fun. Just thinking about having kids and watching their faces the first time they see Cinderella's Castle...it gives me goosebumps! Can't wait for those days to come :sohappy:

I feel the same way. A few years ago I went with my nephews and it was so exciting even to me as their Aunt to see their faces and reactions. That place is truly magical and I think all ages who have experienced it, know that. Whenever I go through One Man's Dream, I come out so emotional. To think of what he has brought to families across the entire world, just from something he wanted his family to be able to do together, is mind blowing. If he was around today, I think he would be very proud of what he has done.

Mick G.

Walt would be too hacked off about Epcot being just another theme park and not a city to even think about which attractions he liked. Then seeing how so many guests have to rely on bus service, and how many just drive their cars around the resort to avoid the buses would hack him off even more. Then there would be questions about why the new airport was built so far away, why there isn't a nuclear plant onsite, and what the heck happened to Tomorrowland... "Don't you people believe in the promise of tomorrow?"

But then a visit to Celebration would help. A small city that works better than the Epcot concept, in many ways. I think that would be Walt's favorite "attraction." Until he was told that Disney sold it...

Mick

PurpleRose

My first thought after KS was ToT. One of the things that impressed me the most about Walt was that he was a story teller. That attraction, the queue tells such an amazing and detailed story.

Grlwonder

I think Walt would be impressed by Toy Story Midway Mania for it's way to bring people into a toys point of view and just how bringing 3D into an interactive game is fun for people.
But I don't think rides or attractions would impress Walt. I think just the fact that people still appreciate what he did, seeing little kids and adults smile and have a good time is what would brighten up Walt's day.

UrbanDonovan

Walt would be too hacked off about Epcot being just another theme park and not a city to even think about which attractions he liked. Then seeing how so many guests have to rely on bus service, and how many just drive their cars around the resort to avoid the buses would hack him off even more. Then there would be questions about why the new airport was built so far away, why there isn't a nuclear plant onsite, and what the heck happened to Tomorrowland... "Don't you people believe in the promise of tomorrow?"

But then a visit to Celebration would help. A small city that works better than the Epcot concept, in many ways. I think that would be Walt's favorite "attraction." Until he was told that Disney sold it...

Mick

I definitely think Walt would hate EPCOT since it is not anything like he envisioned. But anyways, all this speculation is moot since we'll all know what is Walt's WDW favorite once the technology to reanimate dead, frozen tissue is invented. :lookaroun

RiversideBunny

I definitely think Walt would hate EPCOT since it is not anything like he envisioned. .... :lookaroun

I don't think that Walt Disney was so rigid in his thinking that he wasn't willing to adjust his original ideas as things progressed.
I used to watch him on TV on Sunday nights and always got the impression that he considered himself part of a team.

:)

goofykt

I couldn't agree with you more!!! My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married next year and we are really looking forward to starting a family. One of the things we both absolutely cannot wait to do is take our kids to Disney World. You are right, it is a scary time to raise kids...and yes, the Phoebe Prince story is a horrific example of the way things have become. I see a lot of really scary things every day (I am a Public Defender in the Juvenile Division of the criminal court). But WDW provides a perfect escape...it is absolutely amazing to watch kids' faces at WDW--especially MK! We have gone with my niece and nephews, and it is incredible! I definitely am really looking forward to it too!!

Congrats on the wedding plans!!! Married life is awesome...esp when you're both Disney fanatics :)

P.S. That's a wonderful thing you do...being a Public Defender. Almost my entire family (except for me) is involved in the legal profession, so I know how difficult a job you have. But it can be really rewarding too...esp since you help represent youngsters :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom