If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

Jrb1979

I predict that in the future every ride with be a virtual queue, it makes sense to Disney... visitors can't make purchases when they are stuck in an 2 hour line, but if they can free up 100 minutes of that time so you can go buy mouse ears and over priced food then its a win. Not to mention they can free up some queue space to put in more merchant space to sell you the stuff animal that goes with the ride you just got off of... I can imagine MK where you have no outside queues because you'll have everyone using their little virtual queue while they spend money hand over fist making Iger happy.
There is a reason other than Volcano Bay no park has tried that. It doesn't work. IMO FP has made guests feel entitled for short waits.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Do I want to prohibit people from what our group did....not sure where that comes from considering 1) I have said I WANT virtual que instead of static line, and 2) what we did was utilize the virtual que....which is what I am saying should happen on rides.
We were blocked from getting another VQ for the 1pm CR because we rode in the am.

I guess they changed this.........

I still find it maddening that we can't just get in line and decide for ourselves if the wait is worth it.

Maddening........given the cost of everything.....
Admission
Genie garbage
ILLs......

Jrb1979

Do I want to prohibit people from what our group did....not sure where that comes from considering 1) I have said I WANT virtual que instead of static line, and 2) what we did was utilize the virtual que....which is what I am saying should happen on rides.
How do you manage at Universal where standby is the norm for most. Unless you pay a high price or stay at top hotel.

Jrb1979

For most people, waiting in line for 4 hours is not a viable choice. And that line is never going to be 30 minutes. So a choice without a good option is not a real choice, and the same people would be back here hollering about nonsense and conspiracies. And no, Disney is not a government; they have no obligation to offer choice.
If you don't want to wait in 4 hour lines than buy an ILL.

the_rich

The last time I saw an actual 4 hour wait at a Disney park was the last day of splash at Disneyland.

Cosmic Rewind would not have a 4 hour wait. Its popularity would most likely be similar to Remy’s adventure and they have similar ride capacity.
I saw a 4 hour wait on Monday at hs. Smugglers run was a 220 minute wait and rise was 180 minutes.

TrainsOfDisney

I saw a 4 hour wait on Monday at hs. Smugglers run was a 220 minute wait and rise was 180 minutes.
Rise had a maximum of 110 on Monday - and was below 100 minutes for the entire day except for the one spike (110 was at 9:20 am)

Smugglers did hit 220 - im guessing they were down a theatre because it only spiked to 220 for a short time.
1:15 - 100 minutes
2:16 - 220
3:16 - 70

NickMaio

Original Poster
Rise had a maximum of 110 on Monday - and was below 100 minutes for the entire day except for the one spike (110 was at 9:20 am)

Smugglers did hit 220 - im guessing they were down a theatre because it only spiked to 220 for a short time.
Where did you find those stats.......
I'd be interested in digging up that kind of info......
Disney nerd alert.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Rise had a maximum of 110 on Monday - and was below 100 minutes for the entire day except fo
r the one spike (110 was at 9:20 am)

Smugglers is usually walk on 1 hour or so close to close.
Amazing theming.....but ok ride.
Meh

Jrb1979

The VQ allows them to avoid a massive messy outdoor queue because the inside only holds about 40 minutes of standby guests. It also allows the ride to promptly shut down at the end of the night. The last thing they want is another 90 minutes of operation past park close to clear out everyone in the queue.
It's funny cause other parks I go to either close the line early and also let everyone on the queue ride.

TrainsOfDisney

The VQ allows them to avoid a massive messy outdoor queue because the inside only holds about 40 minutes of standby guests.
Pretty sure the indoor for rise only holds about 40 minutes - the rest is a “massive messy outdoor queue”

It also allows the ride to promptly shut down at the end of the night. The last thing they want is another 90 minutes of operation past park close to clear out everyone in the queue.
Well there are 2 solutions. The historic way, which is to let people join the line until park closing, which is how it works at the vast majority of attractions in Disney parks, but if there is a reason you don’t want to do that, you can close the line at another posted time, like 1 hour prior to park closing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom