If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

UNCgolf

Of course you don't care about the other guests. Disney does though. They have a limited capacity and they have to dole it out in the fairest way possible.

If they cared about doing it the fairest way possible, they wouldn't use the current VQ system.

They are more equitable ways of doling out rider spots than asking people to have the fastest fingers at 7 AM; that gives some guests a significant advantage over other guests. The current system also favors APs and other regular visitors over one-time guests, which is backwards.

Luckily Guardians isn't that popular and it's usually not too difficult to get a spot in the 1 PM drop, though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course you don't care about the other guests. Disney does though. They have a limited capacity and they have to dole it out in the fairest way possible.
Having enough capacity IS the fairest way to dole it out…

Not to hide 11 year old junior coasters behind tiers and paywalls…

What time does your shift start today? You should go in early cause you’re getting no cognitive results from the Brain today

NickMaio

Original Poster
Would that still be true if you had to wait 3-5 hours? I remember thinking back to when Indiana Jones opened at Disneyland and we considered ourselves lucky to get on once in a day after a 3 hour wait.

Glad you liked Cosmic Rewind.
Yes - - -We would most likely ride it in the AM and then again in the PM.
The choice, after paying so much to get in, would be nice for a 2 year old ride. Especially considering the other headliner is down for a long time.

I'm fine if they close Que line up before close - - - - I don't want to keep anyone hours past their shift.

NickMaio

Original Poster
They absolutely do not need to do that. I'm sorry but if I'm paying for shorter waits I should be allowed to ride attractions as much as I want.
Totally agree - - - -
Kids "and adults" want to ride multiple times - - well some do I guess.

Especially the classics.

Off topic a bit - - - EPIC universe is said to have a zero que wait system across all rides. Incorporated into the admission. No extra fee's.
Not sure exactly how it will work - but it sounds interesting.

el_super

They absolutely do not need to do that. I'm sorry but if I'm paying for shorter waits I should be allowed to ride attractions as much as I want.

You are not paying for shorter waits. If you were paying something closer to the capacity of the private parties, it would be over $200 a day at the parks. They are still discounted and dealing with the discount crowds.

If Disney cared about their guests they would open the standby!!!!!!

Why would anyone think a 4 hour standby wait is the preferable option? No one wants to wait in line all day.

Tony the Tigger

Entitlement eh.........

Ya what a crazy thought - - - get to ride something more than once - - that is 2 years old!!!
What was I thinking.....
The nerve of me.........

It's people like you, Disney apologists that give WDW the fuel to treat their customers like Trash and cash cows - - because you defend every slimy action they make.
Poor thing, couldn’t ride the most popular ride twice. Had to come and lash out.

I’m sure some people didn’t even get into the queue.

Yes, a 2 year old attraction is still “new” in a place most people go once a year.

Jrb1979

You are not paying for shorter waits. If you were paying something closer to the capacity of the private parties, it would be over $200 a day at the parks. They are still discounted and dealing with the discount crowds.

Why would anyone think a 4 hour standby wait is the preferable option? No one wants to wait in line all day.
Maybe not everyone wants to wait in a 4 hour like but there obviously some that will. 2 hour waits are average for top attractions at most parks across the country. Most people have no issue waiting in those lines

Jrb1979

Poor thing, couldn’t ride the most popular ride twice. Had to come and lash out.

Yes, a 2 year old attraction is still “new” in a place most people go once a year.
Even if they opened the standby there would still be people not able to ride it each day due to capacity. If people want to ride it more than once let them.

Disstevefan1

Its about making the option available. Its about giving the guest choice.

Yes folks wait in long queues for good rides. See FOP when it first opened.

NickMaio

Original Poster

It's called complaining - - - - - you know when something does not agree with you - - you voice your opinion.
Lashing out , that's a laugh - - - Maybe you should not call people you don't know entitled.

It's the ONLY 2 year old attraction with a virtual que - - - - - - hmmmmm why?
The issue here is that the 1 and only other thrill ride is out - -yet the VQ is still in place.

Tianna's VQ will be gone in a few weeks.
That is a brand new ride - - - - things don't add up.

el_super

Most people have no issue waiting in those lines

Of course they do! People have complained about lines at theme parks for ages.

What do you find so preferable a out waiting in a two hour queue? Quiet time to yourself?

Its about making the option available. Its about giving the guest choice.

But then you just rob the choice of those who do NOT want to, or for various reasons cannot wait in line.

At the end of the day, someone has to be unhappy and Disney is making the right call excluding the ride warriors.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Maybe it's just me, but I far prefer the vacations where I don't have to make an appointment for every facet of the trip. Guess I'm Old School.
We loved when FP came out and you had to go to the ride to get one...........a piece of paper.
We even kept some of the in a thing called a photo album............ya we still use those things.
Just had one done up for our last trip for us and our mother in law.....who came.
If it was gone - - Oh well at least we could wait in line if we WANTED to.

VQ - removes that entirely - Its such a scam...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom