If this is not a blantant money grab, I don't know what is.....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everything about Disney lately is a money grab this should come as no surprise. You gotta pay and and pay to play
They just have handled it horribly. It’s not some add on that few people are gonna use like at six flags or even universal…they made it - after 20 years of fastpass - something that causes ire in the customers…mostly because the premiums and length of stays they have to shell out for at Disney parks

Weather_Lady

They just have handled it horribly. It’s not some add on that few people are gonna use like at six flags or even universal…they made it - after 20 years of fastpass - something that causes ire in the customers…mostly because the premiums and length of stays they have to shell out for at Disney parks
You've hit the nail on the head.

G+/ILLs at WDW (and having to make the Fool's Choice between waiting in unreasonably long standby lines and being treated like a second-class citizen, and gambling ridiculous amounts of money on G+ just so I can pound my phone all day) are 100% the reason we bought Seasonal Annual Passes to Universal this year, and will be visiting Orlando three times over the course of the next 15 months, without ever stepping foot in WDW. WDW may have some better attractions and holds a ton of priceless nostalgia for me, but what's the point, if trying to get reasonable access to those attractions has become such a miserable experience (solely because of deliberate choices to cut staffing, capacity, and hours, while introducing a flawed upcharge cut-the-line system, that WDW has made)?

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

The biggest off for us is that it removes the element of choice.
We loved it....my LO wanted to get back on line and ride it right away.
We couldn't as there we no garbage pay to play passes left at 2pm......wth.

I want to choose to ride it again and wait it we want to.......it's about my experience as a consumer.

Leaving it virtual just pushes for the paid lightning lane to sell out every day very quickly, more so.

This kind of stuff just leaves such a sour experience for us.
Unrealistic expectations, sour grapes, and entitlement.

You’re the reason it’s needed. You would ride multiple times, bumping others from riding even once.
You can only ride it once........
Then you need to pay..... outrageous
It’s not outrageous. It’s a new attraction. At WDW. If you get to ride it once, you’re lucky. Perspective.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You’re the reason it’s needed. You would ride multiple times, bumping others from riding even once.
You know $150 at the gate has a “ride all day” provision in it, correct?

I think too much time has elapsed and we’ve forgotten what the ticket is supposed to cover due to corporate greed and our stupidity.

It’s not outrageous. It’s a new attraction. At WDW. If you get to ride it once, you’re lucky. Perspective.
You kinda sound like the people who come on here a rail against APs for “ruining” the parks by being there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney gate admission has become nothing more than allowing you the opportunity to enter the parks so you can spend even more money
I think we’ve been trained by Disney not to be able to take the Birds Eye view and bring this up.

Bravo, Disney…

The ticket is simply a “concrete access fee” more and more

And before a duster for breakfast says “it was always that way…”

Easy, Tinkerbell…it absolutely was not

Tickets got you somewhat comfortable access to the rides, the characters/performers and the ambience.

I would argue all those have been disrupted by intentional park mismanagement
20 years

Jrb1979

I'm sorry I could care less if you can't ride something cause I rode it 11 times. If I'm paying for access to short waits I should be allowed to ride something as much as I want.

Dad 2 M & M

I love the "close the que early" thought.......that wouldn't ire guests would it? "You mean I paid to be the in the Park, the Park is still open, why can't I get in line?" Or "My party is already in the que....let me catch up!"

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Today, Guardians was $15 and EPCOT LL was $19. If Disney removes the individual LL and X is number of guests per day that use ILL then Disney would ose $15X day.

If Disney instead moved individual LL spots into added Genie+ capacity then they'd need to sell Y number G+ more subscriptions. Y = $15X/$19 = 0.78497X more EPCOT G+ subscriptions to break even on the SWITCH, so with these numbers if Disney can sell more then the ride would make more money as a G+ attraction, and that's if costs remain same.

At a $15/$19 split the bet is whether Disney can convert more than 78.5% of daily Guardians ILL purchases to incremental G+ purchases. Maybe a high number considering that some buy both and couldn't be double counted, but offset to some degree by people that didn't buy G+ but see new value in the service including Guardians. Those are subjective guesses for us without the real numbers.

But I don't think it's realistic that price would remain $19. For argument let's say it bumps to something like $21 so now value of moving Guardians to G+ is not just from converting some purchases of $15 ILL to $21 G+, but then Disney makes more money from everyone else that was buys G+ regardless of Guardians inclusion.

About Bayou Adventure, I think the demand will be more acute at MK when Bayou Adventure opens as anyone that wants to ride that didn't get a VQ, or that wants to ride twice, will pay more than the $27 MK was today. After BA opens I'm not sure we'll ever see MK and multipark G+ under $30 again. And because multipark is priced same as MK, Tiana demand pushing up cost of MK G+ will push up multipark G+.

Short answer: I think moving Guardians to G+ would set a new higher floor for EPCOT Genie+. That plus the number of people migrating from a lower priced ILL to a higher priced G+ would all offset the loss of Guardians as a separate ILL. I think the only reason they haven't is because they're beholden to something as ILL in each park. And I'm willing to accept that I may be so far off that I'm not even swinging in the same ballpark. 🤪
This is interesting as a future strategy. Bob already said ‘they hear us’ *belly laugh* and changes are coming.

Common complaints are lack of any advance planning, convolution, too many unprotected paths to failure. This new system is plagued with frustrations way beyond the issues of FP+ park experience.

Make it one system again. Most people don’t want to expend the brain power necessary to keep track of VQ, ILL and G+ all coming under different rules. People can accept paying extra - not when it makes their head literally hurt thoughout the day. While on vacation!

NickMaio

Original Poster

Entitlement eh.........

Ya what a crazy thought - - - get to ride something more than once - - that is 2 years old!!!
What was I thinking.....
The nerve of me.........

It's people like you, Disney apologists that give WDW the fuel to treat their customers like Trash and cash cows - - because you defend every slimy action they make.

NickMaio

Original Poster
A ride that has been open for over 2 years isn't new.
Seriously - - - what is this guy on about.......... its over 2 years old now - - - May 2022........
Whatever excuses the WDW apologists want to make are jokes - - - - it all stems down to raking people for more money, again and again.

Every other ride around that time period has removed their virtual que - - GOTG is extremely popular and will command ILL sellout every day - - - plain and simple.

I think its hilarious that people think I'm entitled because I want to ride a 2 year old attraction more than once and NOT pay extra to do so. Anyone have kids??????? We rode SM on our last visit 10 times in a row - - does that make us spoiled??? Really? WDW has done such a good job of brainwashing people that they truly don't know when they are being taken to town, again and again.....

If there are truly que issues - - these were done with the explicit instruction of HQ for monetary purposes and NOT guest experience. Space is not an issue for Epcot. An outdoor que is simple and cheap - - -if we want to wait, like any other ride, that is our choice - - - to take this choice away for a 2 year old ride when the ONLY other thrill ride is down for a year plus is a squeeze and money grab - - - - - -

Hopefully they change their minds and let off this virtual nonsense for GOTG.

NickMaio

Original Poster
This is interesting as a future strategy. Bob already said ‘they hear us’ *belly laugh* and changes are coming.

Common complaints are lack of any advance planning, convolution, too many unprotected paths to failure. This new system is plagued with frustrations way beyond the issues of FP+ park experience.

Make it one system again. Most people don’t want to expend the brain power necessary to keep track of VQ, ILL and G+ all coming under different rules. People can accept paying extra - not when it makes their head literally hurt thoughout the day. While on vacation!
Totally agree....... what is going on.
Do people actually prefer being on their phones SO much on vacation?

7am to get a 2 year old ride? WTH

Man - - - connect with people not the internet.......

el_super

Leaving it virtual just pushes for the paid lightning lane to sell out every day very quickly, more so.

Would that still be true if you had to wait 3-5 hours? I remember thinking back to when Indiana Jones opened at Disneyland and we considered ourselves lucky to get on once in a day after a 3 hour wait.

Glad you liked Cosmic Rewind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom