If no wand -- What would you like?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I think a 360 laser effect would be great, not just a lagoon side, but could they update Big Ball Decorations with something else?

Is taking down the wand the next step for something else Ball related for the Epcot 25th? Will they put a giant Fat Head like 25 sticker on the front? The timing is suspect. Still 2 weeks to do something before the 25th celebration. Will the Ball be turned into a birthday cake too?

I know the majority will say LEAVE IT ALONE -- What if they colored the panels with a very light reflective pink/teal/lavender?

dave2822

:lol: Haha That would be devastating (and ironic) for everyone who is so pleased they are finally taking a "step in the right direction" by removing the "commercial, tacky" aspect of SE.

I would like them to leave it alone, but I would at least let out a chuckle if they were taking the wand down merely to tack on another decoration of some sort.

But the chuckle wouldn't last :lookaroun

Slowjack

I think a 360 laser effect would be great, not just a lagoon side, but could they update Big Ball Decorations with something else?

Is taking down the wand the next step for something else Ball related for the Epcot 25th? Will they put a giant Fat Head like 25 sticker on the front? The timing is suspect. Still 2 weeks to do something before the 25th celebration. Will the Ball be turned into a birthday cake too?

I know the majority will say LEAVE IT ALONE -- What if they colored the panels with a very light reflective pink/teal/lavender?
I think a new nighttime lighting package would be in order. Extending the laser effect all the way around would be one way to do that. But you are serious (can't tell) about something birthday-esque for the 25th, I say no, since it's established that management can't remember to take temporary things down once a celebration is over.

ToTBellHop

They need to return to the lighting effects they had pre-wand. That seems like the most logical reason to do this before the 25th anniversary--return it to looking the way it did before.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I think a new nighttime lighting package would be in order. Extending the laser effect all the way around would be one way to do that. But you are serious (can't tell) about something birthday-esque for the 25th, I say no, since it's established that management can't remember to take temporary things down once a celebration is over.
Now that was funny.

CThaddeus

How about a little booklet that's handed out at the entrance that says stuff like:
Tweedle-Dum: What is this Epcot place, anyway, Dee?
Tweedle-Dee: Well, Dum, it is a theme park owned by the WALT DISNEY COMPANY and it's part of the WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT. It's pretty much like THE MAGIC KINGDOM, another theme park owned by the WALT DISNEY COMPANY, which is also a part of the WALT DISNEY RESORT. That's why we can get here using Disney transportation and Nemo is on the maps!
Tweedle-Dum: You mean it's not owned by Universal?
Tweedle-Dee: Gosh, no, Dum.
Tweedle-Dum: And not Six Flags?
Tweedle-Dee: Now, that's just dumb, Dum.
Tweedle-Dum: So, then, no Dolly Parton show at noon?
Tweedle-Dee: 'Fraid not, Dum.
Tweedle-Dum: Are we allowed to whack the giant golf ball?
Tweedle-Dee: No, Dum, there's a ride inside.
Tweedle-Dum: About sports?
Tweedle-Dee: No, communications.
Tweedle-Dum: And you say this is a Disney Park?

brucie

Nothing!!!! For the love of God NOTHING!!! It took seven years to get rid of it. Lets leave it alone for a while!

RiversideBunny

From a old thread (tks to DisneyLeo18 for the picture) -

spaceshipearth_mikew.jpg

raven

I think they need to just leave it alone. It was built to be an icon for the park and doesn't need enhancements. You wouldn't put a wand over Cindy's Castle would you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom