If no wand -- What would you like?

Enigma

Account Suspended
They need to return to the lighting effects they had pre-wand. That seems like the most logical reason to do this before the 25th anniversary--return it to looking the way it did before.

Well two years ago they repainted Disneyland's Space Mountain back to its original white color and then brought back the lighting effects for it so im sure they will do a similar thing here.

The lighting on the ball at night was cool.

EpcotServo

I always dreamed that for the 25th, after sundown, every 15 minutes the lights on Spaceship Earth would fade and then digtal projectors (Like in Universal 360) would project images of Epcot's history to Epcot songs. (Think a Marni1971 video but HUGE!)
:D

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Did the effects change much when the wand went up? It was always the colorglobe with the laser green countries on the WS side. What was different?

ToTBellHop

Did the effects change much when the wand went up? It was always the colorglobe with the laser green countries on the WS side. What was different?
the colors changed similar to what happens at Cinderella Castle nowadays. It was breathtaking...or so I remember it. It's been a long time...

Epcot82Guy

I always dreamed that for the 25th, after sundown, every 15 minutes the lights on Spaceship Earth would fade and then digtal projectors (Like in Universal 360) would project images of Epcot's history to Epcot songs. (Think a Marni1971 video but HUGE!)

That would be phenomenal. Redo the Fountain of Nations to some of the old songs. That would be a great (and fairly inexpensive) kick back to the 25th for sure!

Just imagine - logos followed by video/pictorial montages on SSE's side.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
That would be a BIG WINNER!

PeeplMoovr

From a old thread (tks to DisneyLeo18 for the picture) -

spaceshipearth_mikew.jpg

MY EYES....THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHZING!!!!

donaldfan

I think they need to just leave it alone. It was built to be an icon for the park and doesn't need enhancements. You wouldn't put a wand over Cindy's Castle would you?

Last time I said this, I got attacked.

Maybe Egypt should put a big sign over the pyramids that say "EGYPT!" being held by a mummy's hand!

donaldfan

It was like a reverse sunset -- just not as quick and obvious as Cindy's Castle changing colors. (Not that there is anything wrong with Cindy's color set-up either)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom