"If I could improve Walt Disney World..." 2.0

mharrington

Original Poster
I was under the assumption this thread was to elaborate on ideas anyone can dream up.... guess i was wrong

This thread is for ideas that anyone can dream up. It's just that when I do my ideas, I like to mold them to preexisting areas so that they can fit someplace plausibly and/or physically.

skellington22

This thread is for ideas that anyone can dream up. It's just that when I do my ideas, I like to mold them to preexisting areas so that they can fit someplace plausibly and/or physically.

so my question to you... was if you liked any of my ideas... not if you thought they were fanciful....

but if you just want to talk about your ideas, then thats all right with me.

mharrington

Original Poster
work with me man ... lol... what locations are bad locations? i was just replacing existing attractions with new ones

But it just seems like you're replacing them simply to replace them. Anyway, I'll break it down for you, bit by bit. First, we have your ideas for Adventureland:

Adventureland: 1) In place of Swiss Treehouse..
Phineas and Ferb Secret Hideout: Child Interactive, fun and games
2)Bring back old Enchanted Tiki Room
3)In place of Magic Carpets
Pinocchios Adventures Dark Ride

Phineas and Ferb doesn't fit in Adventureland and neither does Pinocchio. They don't fit there at all.

mharrington

Original Poster
As part of Halloween, I've hit upon a clever idea for the Fab Six's costumes: they will be dressed up as different Disney characters!

First, a little context and the source of inspiration. My idea for the Halloween costumes is actually based on something at a website cartoon called "Homestar Runner". Each year (at least up until recently), the website has created major Halloween cartoons in which the main website characters are featured dressed in different costumes, usually of pop icons and celebrities. The costumes are generally "vintage," in that they feature characters who were either popular in the 1970s, '80s and '90s, and some tend to be relatively obscure.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing something similar each year for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto at Halloween - namely, have them dress up in different costumes similar to what the Homestar characters do. But in this case, obviously, the Disney characters' costumes will be of other Disney characters. The only question is, what should they all be? The only thing I can think of for certain is to have Pluto be dressed as Dumbo, with the big ears covering his long ears, maybe have elephant-like feet covering his paws, the trunk (complete with "magic" feather) over his nose and, of course, the dog would wear that funny little hat and the ruffled collar. But what of the others? I'm thinking of either Donald or Goofy to dress as the Mad Hatter (the animated one, of course), but that's about it. So any ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
Fantasyland: Current Expansion with the addition of
1) UP! in 3D... (Soarinesque) Join the crew as they take off
2) In place of Snow White - Adventure in Agrabah - Aladdin Dark Ride on Carpet

Again, these attractions don't fit the theme of Fantasyland. Especially not Up.

ScorpionX

Short recap of what I would do.. Funding infinite lol

MK
Adventureland: 1) In place of Swiss Treehouse..
Phineas and Ferb Secret Hideout: Child Interactive, fun and games
2)Bring back old Enchanted Tiki Room
3)In place of Magic Carpets
Pinocchios Adventures Dark Ride

Frontierland: 1) In place of Country Bear Jamboree
Jesse&Woodys Karoake- Kids can come up and sing favorite Disney Songs while Photo Ops with Jesse and Woody and Bullseye

Fantasyland: Current Expansion with the addition of
1) UP! in 3D... (Soarinesque) Join the crew as they take off
2) In place of Snow White - Adventure in Agrabah - Aladdin Dark Ride on Carpet

Tommorowland: 1) In place of Indy Speedway
Cars: The Big Race - Lightning McQueen races the rest of the cars
2) In place of Astro Orbiter
Ferris Wheel 3000 - Ferris wheel that goes up and down and sideways, slow for kids
3) In place of Stitchs great Escape
Wall-E Magic - Wall-E introduces friends in a Future Robotic Magic Show

MK UPDATES- CoP, Splash Mountain-Update this to a different movie, Fantasia themed?

DHS
Knock down Lights motor action Expand Pixar Studios
1) The incredibles dark ride
2) In place of Sounds Dangerous
Robin Hood (Cirque Du Soleil styled play)
3) In place of Narnia
Nightmare before Christmas: Inside the Mind of Tim Burton

Epcot
1) In place of Captain EO
Ratoutille 4D: Dinner is Served (philarmagic show) Smells and more
2) TRON: INSIDE THE GAME
FAST DARK RIDE (DINOSAUR ESQUE)

TOO tired for animal kingdom

Besides avatar any ideas??? I was thinking BOLT show um 101 dalmations dark ride and Jungle Book show??
If this was the actual Walt Disney World, I'd rather go to Six Flags. :fork:

Toonfan1

If this was the actual Walt Disney World, I'd rather go to Six Flags. :fork:

Phineas and Ferb and Pichanco does not belong in adventureland because it does not fit the Adventure Theme of Adventrue and Phineas and Ferb only fits in The Studios because it's a Television Show on the Disney Channel so Television shows all belong in Disney's Hollywood studios.The Pichanco Adventrues Ride should be in Fastayland not Adventrueland Because of the Storybook Fastay Theme of Pichanco and The Aladdin Dark Ride should be in Adventureland not Fastayland Because The Aladdin Story takes place in Country of Morroco and The Story of Aladdin is an Adventrue Themed Story and that Fits Perfectly in Adventrueland.

mharrington

Original Poster
- Take the production area and water tower area and create a Toon Adventure. Give it the back story of how the toons got into movies. How Mickey & Minnie met, etc. Have them living on a city street, apartment buildings, etc. More of a 'before they were famous' concept.
- Move the magic of animation attractions into the Toon Adventure.

I don't think the Magic of Disney Animation really fits the Toon area. Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland (and also Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown) places an emphasis on Mickey and the gang. And how can we possibly do a "before they were famous" concept?

mharrington

Original Poster
I think I'm going to have to go back and do the thread over again. Again, I'll start in the Magic Kingdom again. I'll put up more information later.

ZaneB

Well, I would probably like them more if you didn't just randomly place them everywhere.

You said this thread is for posting posting their ideas. It's about what they think is good, not you. Stop being so negative to everyone's contributions! In the real world, the Imagineers have to work as a team. They listen to everyone ideas. It's not about worrying whether something will fit or not, that happens after. So if you do the thread over again, don't be a dog.

mharrington

Original Poster
but we don't have to worry about that on a forum!

Well, you see, I like to try and ground my ideas in reality, to see if it can physically work. Now, it's not such an issue in the non-Magic Kingdom parks, but given the surrounding train tracks and other things, spatial constraints might be an issue there, so I like to try and be careful in that regards.

And as for being negative towards contributions, I try not to be like that, but I just don't like the idea of putting in things in places that may or may not be appropriate for it, thematically or otherwise, just for the sake of having something in there. Randomness is definitely not the way to go, in my opinion. Again, I like to try and ground my ideas in reality and try to go for what the public wants, not necessarily what just the fans want. Besides, I'm sure we're all in agreement on a lot of things that should be done at, say, Epcot (i.e., less Pixar stuff). A return of the Imagination pavilion, for example, is definitely a must. I'm sure we all can agree on that. For another thread on improving WDW and trying to logistics into consideration while doing so, look at this thread here, from Visions Fantastic: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32166. It was actually created by KingMickey, who also has an account here. KingMickey actually was a former Cast Member, so that actually helps. But I digress.

Actually, the real reason I want to start over again is simply because I think I'm getting lost in the shuffle and having a tough time keeping things on track. And with things actually happening in Florida, I think I may need to do things over to keep up with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom