"If I could improve Walt Disney World..." 2.0

ZaneB

Well, you see, I like to try and ground my ideas in reality, to see if it can physically work. Now, it's not such an issue in the non-Magic Kingdom parks, but given the surrounding train tracks and other things, spatial constraints might be an issue there, so I like to try and be careful in that regards.

And as for being negative towards contributions, I try not to be like that, but I just don't like the idea of putting in things in places that may or may not be appropriate for it, thematically or otherwise, just for the sake of having something in there. Randomness is definitely not the way to go, in my opinion. Again, I like to try and ground my ideas in reality and try to go for what the public wants, not necessarily what just the fans want. Besides, I'm sure we're all in agreement on a lot of things that should be done at, say, Epcot (i.e., less Pixar stuff). A return of the Imagination pavilion, for example, is definitely a must. I'm sure we all can agree on that. For another thread on improving WDW and trying to logistics into consideration while doing so, look at this thread here, from Visions Fantastic: http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32166. It was actually created by KingMickey, who also has an account here. KingMickey actually was a former Cast Member, so that actually helps. But I digress.

Actually, the real reason I want to start over again is simply because I think I'm getting lost in the shuffle and having a tough time keeping things on track. And with things actually happening in Florida, I think I may need to do things over to keep up with them.
yes I understand what you're saying. I do the same thing, but I tend to just keep it in my head because I realise how much it hurts people when their ideas are shut down. The amount of times I've read stupid ideas like a Wreck-It-Ralph ride in Tomorrow land? Or make a new Back to the Future ride. Those things are impractical and me off but still, I bet a lot of people say that about my ideas :)

mharrington

Original Poster
yes I understand what you're saying. I do the same thing, but I tend to just keep it in my head because I realise how much it hurts people when their ideas are shut down. The amount of times I've read stupid ideas like a Wreck-It-Ralph ride in Tomorrow land? Or make a new Back to the Future ride. Those things are impractical and me off but still, I bet a lot of people say that about my ideas :)

But if all you do is keep your ideas locked in your mind, how can you share them with anyone?

techee

I got ideas, but I never reveal them out in plain sight. Some ideas I have now are based on what I read. It's easy to come up with an idea, keep it locked up in a safe place where only you can get to them until it's time to reveal them publicly.

BTW, I like some of the ideas that are in here.

mharrington

Original Poster
I got ideas, but I never reveal them out in plain sight. Some ideas I have now are based on what I read. It's easy to come up with an idea, keep it locked up in a safe place where only you can get to them until it's time to reveal them publicly.

BTW, I like some of the ideas that are in here.

Well, here's one of my ideas, and as I said, I've returned to the Magic Kingdom for this, but the thing with this is I'm having difficulty trying to get this concept off the ground. I'm sure you're familiar with it by now. It's Mickey's Fun House, located over in Storybook Circus. As you probably know, the loss of Toontown Fair and with it, any real references to classic Disney shorts, has been a bit of a sore spot with me. But I had read that an early forerunner to this concept, Mickey's Mad House, thought of for Disneyland's planned Dumbo's Circusland, was thought of long before Mickey's Toontown ever came into being. It was going to be a combination wild mouse coaster and dark ride. But the concept for Mickey's Fun House will tone it down to a general dark ride.

However, I'm still grappling with the concept of having classic Mickey cartoons depicted in the ride. Also, as I said before, the ride is based on an abandoned attraction concept with very little information to go on that would be really helpful. Without a lot of information, I don't think this concept is going to get much anywhere. Here's some more information on the original Mickey's Mad House concept, courtesy of a calendar from D23:

Dumbo's Circusland, which was on the drawing boards at Imagineering before Toontown was conceived, featured "Mickey's Madhouse" - essentially a "wild mouse" roller coaster in a dark ride environment, set in the world of early black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons (think Mulholland Madness at Disney's California Adventure, but indoors, with no clear view of where the track ahead was going).

So that's what this attraction is based on, a new version of an abandoned attraction concept. Notice where it said "before Toontown was conceived"; now that Toontown Fair is gone, this attraction would help restore references to the classic Disney shorts in the Magic Kingdom. But I have very little information to go on for this attraction that would greatly help me, so can anyone help me?

Oh, and here's a piece of concept art for Mickey's Mad House, the original name for the ride I have in mind:
D23_UDC_Mickey1.jpg

So this is something that I'm not going to be able to get finished without help.

SOURTHERNemteo

I'm new to the idea of improving WDW because as a kid i didn't think they needed any improvement, so being new please don't shoot down my ideas.

Considering Disney bought the Marvel company, wouldn't marvel characters in DHS make sense? As a replacement for power rangers since the original company bought them back from Disney. Almost every kid's dream is to have some sort of superpower, so why not, like the pirate club experience in DMK, give them the chance to be their favorite hero? (i'm not actually saying give them superpowers) And since most Marvel comics take place in New York, the Streets of America would be a perfect place to have m&gs and a 'Superhero Club'

afar28

I'm new to the idea of improving WDW because as a kid i didn't think they needed any improvement, so being new please don't shoot down my ideas.

Considering Disney bought the Marvel company, wouldn't marvel characters in DHS make sense? As a replacement for power rangers since the original company bought them back from Disney. Almost every kid's dream is to have some sort of superpower, so why not, like the pirate club experience in DMK, give them the chance to be their favorite hero? (i'm not actually saying give them superpowers) And since most Marvel comics take place in New York, the Streets of America would be a perfect place to have m&gs and a 'Superhero Club'
Universal sadly has the rights to Marvel attractions. WDW can't have them, but DL and the other Disney parks can.

SOURTHERNemteo

Here now is Epcot (as you can see, many "new" additions will be based on "old" classics):
    • Soarin' Over Florida - At the Land pavilion, take a hang-gliding free-flying adventure over several locales in the state of Florida, including the Everglades, Ocala, Lake Okeechobee, Cape Canaveral, Miami and Walt Disney World (replaces Soarin')!
i really like that idea except instead of just florida why not do like star tours and make many different trips that are randomly selected places could be, Japan, Russia, Switzerland, Nevada, Canada, Mexico the possibilities are almost endless. (you wouldn't ride in each location in one trip, every trip does to a different place)

mharrington

Original Poster
i really like that idea except instead of just florida why not do like star tours and make many different trips that are randomly selected places could be, Japan, Russia, Switzerland, Nevada, Canada, Mexico the possibilities are almost endless. (you wouldn't ride in each location in one trip, every trip does to a different place)

I think a Soarin' Over Florida could work. If you don't think so, just look at this video here:

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the rough location of the new Mickey Mouse ride for Storybook Circus (the area marked inside the yellow):
mickeyridelocation.jpg

It would go where the Tomorrowland Speedway is right now (hence the area inside the yellow). The only trouble is, as you can see by this picture, the Speedway is in plain sight of Tomorrowland. The Storybook Circus entrance sign would have to be moved out several feet, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom