If genie grants you six wishes for WDW, what would they be?

Marijil

such hate for that hat... I still say its kinda iconic, so either move it ON TOP of the animation studio zone, or put it as entrance to fantasmic (shadows for the CMs, room for monitors to show fantamisc clips, for the turntiles..etc..)
the consensus here seems to be to move it to DTD, I like the hat, there should be something more significant to it than a merch stand though...kinda like Rapunzel bathroom...anyway sorry for the thread drift

copcarguyp71

Oh for god sake lighten up... It is a "what if " thread.

Ok, take away any of the first five and replace it with I wish Matt had a cell phone...better?

Done with this now...moving on

LucyK

1) Duckburg becomes a new area at DHS: it houses Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin Adventure Rollercoaster, featuring Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell trying to steal Scrooge's #1 dime; Darwin Duck's Timeless Race, a shooter game similar to TSMM and a revamped and updated The Donald Super Duck parade.

2) Oh, alright, gimme the $20K!

3) Russia, South Africa, Netherlands and Brazil will become part of World Showcase, each featuring a new ride.

4) Beastly Kingdom is finally added to AK after Avatar is scrapped. New rides includes a Dragon flight simulator similar to Soarin', an Unicorn race around a track with multiple obstacles and a troll ride where you would have to complete a maze.

5) Tour groups never again. Disney finally draws a line and now every tour or school group cannot be bigger than 10 individuals each, including the guide and/or chaperone.

6) Guests staying on site now gets 2 hours of AM EMH and 4 hours of PM EMH, 9 FP+ each with repeatable rides and no tiers.

Cesar R M

1) Same wish as Lucy's #1
2) Similar ride system of #1 but with chip and dale rescuers in DAK (including a big tree headquarters!) and Donald's hunting safari.
3) Expanded Carlands and PixarLand at DHS, including MonstersInc and MonsterUniversity coasters/dark rides.
4) Very controlled tour groups, max of 10 and always followed or leaded by pro CM. Also Deluxe Tours for small groups or special guests with CMs in character suits lead the group.
5) StarWarLands to include a) Imperial Destroyer control tower restaurant b) Camino Aqua lands c) Forests of Endor with Ewoks d) Cantina with their band animatronics.

Disnee4Me

1) Monrails that go to every park from every resort.
2) More countries in EPCOT (someone else put that down and I agree).
3) Expand DHS with more Disney related movie rides (since it's no longer MGM Hollywood Studios)
4) Lower resort/park rates so I can go more often (haven't been in over 4 years and now with 2 DS in college and medical bills for my "retired" DH brain anuerysm surgery ... yikes... lucky if we really can go Christmas 2014 as planned.
5) Bring back Pleasure Island, because I never go the opportunity to go there.
6) Have contests for a weekend at the Castle every weekend.

njDizFan

1) Duckburg becomes a new area at DHS: it houses Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin Adventure Rollercoaster, featuring Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell trying to steal Scrooge's #1 dime; Darwin Duck's Timeless Race, a shooter game similar to TSMM and a revamped and updated The Donald Super Duck parade.

2) Oh, alright, gimme the $20K!

3) Russia, South Africa, Netherlands and Brazil will become part of World Showcase, each featuring a new ride.

4) Beastly Kingdom is finally added to AK after Avatar is scrapped. New rides includes a Dragon flight simulator similar to Soarin', an Unicorn race around a track with multiple obstacles and a troll ride where you would have to complete a maze.

5) Tour groups never again. Disney finally draws a line and now every tour or school group cannot be bigger than 10 individuals each, including the guide and/or chaperone.

6) Guests staying on site now gets 2 hours of AM EMH and 4 hours of PM EMH, 9 FP+ each with repeatable rides and no tiers.
Great list Lucy, the one exception I would have is adding India or Egypt instead of Brazil, because you know we don't want to encourage more Brazillians to visit....ducks head

LucyK

Great list Lucy, the one exception I would have is adding India or Egypt instead of Brazil, because you know we don't want to encourage more Brazillians to visit....ducks head
And how's that plan working out for you? You know, because Brazil has the number 3 spot for non-americans visiting the parks every year and all? :p

I KINDA agree with your point though, I really can see the potential of adding Egypt to the WS; pyramids, the sphinx, a great mausoleum filled with sarcophagus and treasures, a cool dark ride (they might scrap the ride idea because of cries of copying the one at UOR, but it's still a nice thought) and it would be amazing to see Alexandria's library brought to life somehow.

njDizFan

And how's that plan working out for you? You know, because Brazil has the number 3 spot for non-americans visiting the parks every year and all? :p

I KINDA agree with your point though, I really can see the potential of adding Egypt to the WS; pyramids, the sphinx, a great mausoleum filled with sarcophagus and treasures, a cool dark ride (they might scrap the ride idea because of cries of copying the one at UOR, but it's still a nice thought) and it would be amazing to see Alexandria's library brought to life somehow.

só a brincar of course.

The architecture of Egypt/India and of course their history,food and beverage would be a great addition...
The pyramids and the library, so much potential and on the other side Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar,city palace, Red Fort etc

But seriously Brazil would be cool also.

Magenta Panther

Aren't number one and number two contradictory. MP was an acquired IP.

Geez, how many times...look, Mary Poppins was not CREATED by Walt. Duh!!!!! But he bought the rights and developed a Disney version of it. A fantastic, classic, award-winning version, like no other. But the puppets and the shiny robots and all the rest have been fully developed and exploited (and in some cases, run into the ground) by other studios/creators. They're known quantities, which is why cement-headed CEOS like Eisner and Iger like them. There's a difference between mere acquisition and artistry, and when you learn that distinction, then you'll be able to fully appreciate the Disney legacy. Class dismissed.

Matt_Black

Since acquiring Marvel, they've greenlit several new animated series which seem to be popular. The Marvel movies have been doing gangbusters. And the next feature in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon is going to be an adaptation of a Marvel story. Star Wars appears to be going to follow a similar pattern. This looks like a case of both acquisition leading to artistry, little different than what Walt did with other properties he didn't own, such as Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, and Winnie the Pooh.

Cesar R M

Since acquiring Marvel, they've greenlit several new animated series which seem to be popular. The Marvel movies have been doing gangbusters. And the next feature in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon is going to be an adaptation of a Marvel story. Star Wars appears to be going to follow a similar pattern. This looks like a case of both acquisition leading to artistry, little different than what Walt did with other properties he didn't own, such as Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, and Winnie the Pooh.
they still blew it with "agents of shield" lol

Matt_Black

they still blew it with "agents of shield" lol

I like it, and it's doing well in the ratings. It's not the breakout hit that The Blacklist is, but it's also not a flop either. And again, the point is they're adding to the Marvel canon. They're not just sitting back and milking the already popular properties, they're actively working to bring attention to lesser known properties. Heck, they're doing a better job of bringing attention to obscure Marvel properties than they are with things they developed in house (who wants to bet that the 20th Anniversary of Gargoyles comes and goes with nary a peep?).

*Post-script: This was my 1000th post, and naturally, it has a Gargoyles reference. I'm so proud.

Sassagoula-Rvr

1. Transportation expansion: Monorail to MCO, some sort of light rail to all moderates at least.
2. Revamp maintenance budgets/procedures
3. Greenlight Star Wars land and Radiator Springs for DHS
4. New countries/E-tickets in World Showcase (maybe Mt.Fuji? Add to the Disney range?)
5. Frontierland Expansion in the MK
6. Tomorrowland expansion in the MK

I went with the theme of me being an executive...in which case I wouldn't care about the $20,000 so much. However it was the next thing on the list. I really think with Pandora...AK is going to be in a decent position.

Sassagoula-Rvr

1. Avatar, Muppets, Star Wars, and everything else non-Disney-created gets booted out of the park. In their places: new, amazing, original attractions based on Disney movies or invented especially for the park.

2. Cherry Tree Lane, a Mary Poppins area, gets added to NFE.

3. The original walkway and Hitchhiking Ghosts are put back into the Haunted Mansion. And there will no longer be any wheelchair/special needs access UNLESS the ride is somehow and SEAMLESSLY adapted for it, so that it doesn't stop every 5 seconds when the park is busy.

4. Add Beastly Kingdomme to AK.

5. A Villains area gets added to NFE

6. FIX THE DAMN YETI.

I support the Yeti thing as well as a few of your others...but seriously? I hate scooters and etc as much as the next person (one of our group was actually run down by one in Epcot during our last trip) but this goes against everything Disney parks stand for...they are parks for the whole family to enjoy...and I feel that if my experience has to be interrupted briefly so some one can enjoy it...so be it.

However I have often thought if there was maybe a way to have a specialty "loading" siding with a few cars...and then when they are loaded be able to run them on the track quickly...with very little noticeable delay...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom