Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

krisri18

Completing three attractions in an hour was impressive.

Know what’s not impressive?

Floating planters with plain greenery, not flowers.
View attachment 545253

A kids “playground” with spray painted circles to “create your own game.”

View attachment 545254
View attachment 545255

And the only thing worse than giant lagoon tacos is a giant loop that resembles something Evel Knievel would jump through on his motorcycle.

View attachment 545256
You can’t even see the American Adventure!
Somehow those "make your own game" circles just look like giant 🎯 to me. I'd be afraid of a plane dropping water balloons on me or something. Lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had to move to the side to allow the royal procession to pass through.

908E5D9E-22A1-4D62-B61B-7108249DE6A1.jpeg

9CC16942-F9CF-4345-8C69-977C06C1DD70.jpeg

Then we up got close and personal with a couple Muppet friends.

4DDB3F64-57F7-4823-ACFC-F07F8645F64B.jpeg

How pretty is Miss Piggy?!!!

Kermit riding his bike was a jaw-dropper for me when I saw the original Muppet Movie when it was first released. (Yes, I avoided the dinosaurs when I entered the theater.)

Therefore this topiary of him on his bike will ALWAYS be my #1 fave.

987211E9-3935-44B8-8D6A-37F264ADC57A.jpeg

Love all the colors here!

We noticed these markers on the ground in many places.

A9E1DFA3-1763-4400-A081-433AD60F25B2.jpeg

Em and I always wear our masks. (“No Mom, at Disney they are face coverings.” I stand corrected.) Sadly the same cannot be said by many people we’ve seen today.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
While you likely guessed Beaches and Cream (@Nunu 😉), bet you didn’t guess we are having dinner with
@ajrwdwgirl!

B620AB86-8148-434E-8E2A-AF2B75D36FDF.jpeg

Isn’t her shirt terrific? And her mask face covering matched her theme. :inlove:

This wasn’t our first Magician meet (which was a few years ago at Trader Sam’s) but it was the first opportunity for Amy to receive a Tuvalu card.

769A1527-6CA2-4686-B491-2C8A235ABEEC.jpeg

There is a missing Magician from this gathering....*cough* @Darstarr *cough*....because someone had to cancel their Easter weekend visit. :cry:

Our sorrow did not affect our appetites.

7E62AEA3-BC20-4347-9E84-75782B336D10.jpeg

5D89EF77-5BA9-4250-A136-CF7EFA35E330.jpeg

Not pictured is @ajrwdwgirl ‘s grilled cheese and tomato soup.

We saved room for ice cream, of course!

381D9FAB-AC10-49DA-A1F3-5F44D97BD153.jpeg

Our server was excellent. He was friendly, kept our water glasses full and automatically applied the AP discount to our checks.

We sat near the jukebox....”Temporarily Unavailable” thanks to Covid. We think. :cautious:

3C6F9956-0C0C-4E41-B7C1-B970D5D2BF45.jpeg

Thanks for dining with us, @ajrwdwgirl! We had such a fun time!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I return to Epcot.

@ajrwdwgirl hops to MK to see the Easter eggs.

We walk the path we’ve already taken.

9877AF99-75C6-4085-9B7F-6EC2EAB67967.jpeg

We totally missed this topiary earlier!

A816BD43-FA30-40F1-A8A6-2E912EF4EA8F.jpeg

Even the walls are sporting flowers. Butterfly flowers.

B6300F7B-7435-4DEB-98EA-B4DBF3B46AD9.jpeg

Am I a Figment fail, @Figgy1?

DC1E80C7-BD80-4269-9957-F90304F885A4.jpeg

We’re always tired on travel day. Though the park is open until 11 pm, we’re ready to leave.

3F331B4C-64C1-4326-B923-FC21CD39AB6E.jpeg

The flagpoles are new since our last visit.

F168ED32-E2B5-407B-8E3F-D7B3EC632330.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
While you likely guessed Beaches and Cream (@Nunu 😉), bet you didn’t guess we are having dinner with
@ajrwdwgirl!

View attachment 545319
Isn’t her shirt terrific? And her mask face covering matched her theme. :inlove:

This wasn’t our first Magician meet (which was a few years ago at Trader Sam’s) but it was the first opportunity for Amy to receive a Tuvalu card.

View attachment 545315

There is a missing Magician from this gathering....*cough* @Darstarr *cough*....because someone had to cancel their Easter weekend visit. :cry:

Our sorrow did not affect our appetites.

View attachment 545316

View attachment 545317

Not pictured is @ajrwdwgirl ‘s grilled cheese and tomato soup.

We saved room for ice cream, of course!

View attachment 545318

Our server was excellent. He was friendly, kept our water glasses full and automatically applied the AP discount to our checks.

We sat near the jukebox....”Temporarily Unavailable” thanks to Covid. We think. :cautious:

View attachment 545320

Thanks for dining with us, @ajrwdwgirl! We had such a fun time!

I had a great time at dinner it was so lovely to see you and Em again.
Here’s my soup and grilled cheese with bacon and my Tuvalu card! I hope you girls have a great rest of your trip!

FFC45C75-4133-429B-9D8E-35D45D451A45.jpeg
C213E35B-F304-4665-9FF9-C4DAD3D4FEC3.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A couple of years ago I checked into a hotel with my teen (she must have been 13 or 14 at the time) and specifically chose two beds when I made the reservation. The person checking us in said “if you’d like, we can give you a king room”. Um, no, I’d rather have the room type I reserved!
I can agree! I love my mother but we do not have the same sleep regime and sleeping apart gives you at least a bit of room to get into your daily sleeping routine
this happened to mom and me when we traveled in 2019, but it was our only option so it wasn't a big deal. Thank goodness we don't kick in our sleep! :geek:
Several years ago my mom and I traveled to WDW for a long weekend. We were staying at the WL.

We opened our room door to discover a King bed. Mom took one look and said, “Nope, this won’t do. We need another room!”

I guess I love my daughter more than my mom loves me. :hilarious:

krause

In Manitoba our restaurants are open but only members of the same household can dine together. I sat here thinking for a few minutes about how you guys could have found a way around that rule to dine together and then realized ... oh right, Florida 😂. Loving the live report and nothing I love more than meetups ☺️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Somehow those "make your own game" circles just look like giant 🎯 to me. I'd be afraid of a plane dropping water balloons on me or something. Lol
Absolutely!
It is a lame play space, that’s for sure!

p.s. I saw your twin at Callaway Gardens on Friday. I’m pretty sure I made her uncomfortable because I did a triple-take as she walked past. 😂
Did you not know I can teleport? :joyfull:

First one is actually pretty good considering (I'm assuming) you're using a cell phone.

Have a great trip!
Thanks, @fractal.
You assume correctly. And one with just an ok lens.

Your food looks very tasty :)
It was delicious!

I had a great time at dinner it was so lovely to see you and Em again.
Here’s my soup and grilled cheese with bacon and my Tuvalu card! I hope you girls have a great rest of your trip!

View attachment 545331View attachment 545332
Have a fun last day tomorrow and a safe trip home!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Several years ago my mom and I traveled to WDW for a long weekend. We were staying at the WL.

We opened our room door to discover a King bed. Mom took one look and said, “Nope, this won’t do. We need another room!”

I guess I love my daughter more than my mom loves me. :hilarious:

Or Em takes up less space 😉. (When my daughter was younger she was a sprawler and managed to take up the whole bed).

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
In Manitoba our restaurants are open but only members of the same household can dine together. I sat here thinking for a few minutes about how you guys could have found a way around that rule to dine together and then realized ... oh right, Florida 😂. Loving the live report and nothing I love more than meetups ☺️
So sweet of you to follow along! May I ask how the “only members of the same household” dining policy is enforced? Do you have to show something or is it an honor system? I’m curious how other places operate, since where I live (and Florida, obviously) is less restrictive.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Every time I have to share a bed with A, I have to find all the spare pillows and build a wall between us or I end up getting kicked in the face all night with smelly kid feet. She's a sprawler, and spends the whole night turning. And just when I get into a comfortable position, she crawls up literally on top of me and snores.

It's not about love, man. It's about sleep😂😂

#TeamTwoBeds

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom