Idiot on Letterman says she plays Poppins

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
Thursday night on letterman, a women in the audience playing a game said on national televison that she plays mary poppins in WDW. way to ruin the work of thousands who came before you that respected the position enough to not expose that. what a jerk

Wilt Dasney

Thursday night on letterman, a women in the audience playing a game said on national televison that she plays mary poppins in WDW. way to ruin the work of thousands who came before you that respected the position enough to not expose that. what a jerk

What did she ruin? Letterman isn't exactly on during the kiddy hour. Presumably anybody who tunes in to the Late Show has a clue it's not really Mickey walking around the parks. :shrug:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
What did she ruin? Letterman isn't exactly on during the kiddy hour. Presumably anybody who tunes in to the Late Show has a clue it's not really Mickey walking around the parks. :shrug:

Agreed. Also, I think she worded it as carefully as she could until Letterman flat out asked her what costume she enjoyed wearing the most. She tried to maintain character integrity, but when you're asked something like that in front of a large audience of adults I think it would be difficult to continue the charade.

Scar Junior

/\ Good point. Ideally, no one would ruin the 'integrity' of any Disney character... but if a kid is watching the mature content on a nightly comedy show, I think they're okay with learning the truth behind theme park characters.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I posted a thread yesterday about this.

I fail to see what the big deal is. What children are watching the Late Show at 11:35?? She tried to be fairly discrete at first, but Dave didn't get it. I dont know, I don't see what the big deal is. Like someone already said, anyone watching the Late Show ought to know that the characters are all played by human beings. I cant imagine anyone's reality was spoiled by that.

The thing that struck me was that I had no idea Mary Poppins was played by someone that young! I always pictured an older woman!

frankd1962

Like someone already said, anyone watching the Late Show ought to know that the characters are all played by human beings. I cant imagine anyone's reality was spoiled by that.

:eek::eek::eek: You mean....that....isn't....really....Mickey?!?!?!?!?!?!? ((sticks fingers in ears)) LALALALALALALALALA I'm not listening. LALALALALALALALALA:eek::eek::eek:

Dangeresque

Are you saying that Mary Poppins isn't real? What are you going to tell me next that Santa Claus isn't real??

Scar Junior

People actually watch Letterman?? :shrug:

Not me.. I rarely watch the 'early' late night guys... I sometimes watch Leno (only during Headlines and Ross bits). Other than that I use to watch Conan until I realized that Craig Fergus doesn't use a script and does his 'monologue' without a script. I'm stuck between Conan and Craig... Conan is the comedian of 'my generation' but craig ferguson is far more talented... it is tough to decide between the two. As far as Leno and Letterman, I think they are both untalented hacks who lucked out on a time when no one else was able to step up to Carson's talents.

jaredliu

Yeah, she just ruin your Disney Dream by telling you she is a fake one. What a jerk. But lucky you there is no one playing Micky there so at least the big rat could be still a real animal.

tigsmom

There has to be better things in this world to worry about! There are very few tiny ones watching tv at almost midnight so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This chick is going to end up feeding the birds for real if disney ever gets ahold of her!!

Radiohost:cool:

I was thinking the same thing. Thats the sad part about it, she tried to do the right thing and play it down, but Letterman just doesnt know when to say when sometimes.

Ella's Mommy

I dunno. I find this whole character thing silly, like it's a matter of national security that they keep their identities classified.

Congrats on the big reunion!!! I know how that feels. I also have a military man also:wave: Have a great trip in Disney!!!! Although I know you guys will:sohappy:

SallyfromDE

There was woman that was in Miss America that is/was The Little Mermaid in MGM. Was there alot of static over that? I met a guy in the parks that was telling me that is a MM character. He just got off work and was getting on a ride before going home (this was several years ago). Said his son knew, but didn't really comprehend what it meant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom