Idea Help!

Silverguy4867

Original Poster
I've been to Disney World several, several times. It's my second home and I love it so much. My girlfriend has never ever been but has always dreamed of going. Both of us grew up Disney kids, with all the movies and things. As of yesterday, we officially booked and she is SO excited, as am I. We plan on getting married down there one day. But for now, I can't think of anything special I should surprise her with or do? I mean, I've been several times, but I am really blank :shrug:
Help?

Much Appreciated! :ROFLOL:

kstella

If funds permit, maybe a dinner at Victoria & Albert's? Or maybe a Wishes cruise. I think I saw that they were opening up to more than grand gatherings. It's too bad that there's nothing like Leave a Legacy anymore , or buying a brick to mark the occasion.

foreverbelle

oh boy...depending on availability and funding of course:

1. Eat at Cinderella's Royal Table. This may be hard since its booked to max most of the time.
2. Take a carriage ride.
3. Go to http://www.disneyflorist.com/ and order something to be there when arrive or shortly after.
4. Watch Wishes together in the middle of Main Street, yes its crowded but its beautiful.
5. Split a Milkshake at Beaches in Cream Soda Shop at the Beach Club Resort..

Silverguy4867

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I might do the flower thing, definitely the Wishes one.
I don't really know anything about the Wishes Cruise or the wedding tour.
Can someone give me some info because I'm interested. Thanks! :wave:

DizneyPryncess

Watching the Wishes fireworks from the Polynesian beach is very romantic - and free. My husband & I have done that twice, and we've always had the beach pretty much to ourselves.

The other thing we did that I recommend, was having dinner at the California Grille during wishes. They pipe the music into the restaurant, which overlooks the magic kingdom. If you can manage to get a window seat - it's truly magical. If you can't get a window seat, you can also watch from the observation deck :)

Disney Specialty Cruises

I have no idea what the Disney wedding tour is....and I've done the Disney wedding thing. I never heard of it. :shrug:

gspin2k1

I just proposed to my girlfriend (now fiancee) there two weeks ago. These are some things I did to make her trip more "magical"

- Had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table, one you're in the castle...how cool is that? and the princesses come by to take pictures and all that with your princess. They love that, especially if she has a favorite princess.
- Had a fancy dinner at Victoria & Alberts,
- Worked with Disney Florist to leave a "from Mickey and Minnie With Love" room package for us when we came back from dinner, which includes roses, chocolates, and all sorts of stuff they do to your room for a nice surprise when you arrive or come back after dinner etc. I also added a champagne toast to it which was a nice way to cap the night. BTW everything they leave in the room is yours to keep when you do these packages so it's pretty cool stuff to re-use another time (i.e. vase for the flowers, personalized disney spa towels, electric candles, a little tinkerbell hidden in the room)
- Booked her an appointment at Bibbibidi Bobbidi Boutique
- The night before her appointment at BBB, I worked with Disney Florist to leave her a princess crown/tiara on a nice satin pillow and proclaim her a princess. (what girl doesn't want to be a princess?!?), and it's a super nice crown/tiara compared to the cheapy plastic one she would've got from BBB...actually they combined both on her appointment so she had this two tier tiara lol..

Anyway these are some of the things I did during my most recent trip and my fiancee loved all of them...so don't worry about any of it sounding cheesy...cheesy is good in Disney World...however...all the above got very expensive too (i.e. our dinner at V&As was almost $600, I spent another $600 with my Disney Florist stuff, etc.). So keep that in mind ;).

~G

minnie_maus

Book dinner at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian during the Wishes fireworks... call ahead and see if they can get you a window table! :) The view is spectacular and very romantic!

Good luck with your plans!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom