I won YOAMD prizes in the mail!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm not sure where it fits!

But anyway, I've been faithfully entering the YOAMD every day by mail. 4 times a day actually, one for each member of the family. Friday the prizes from October started arriving!! I won two lanyards on Friday (which I had to wait until today to pick up at the post office - certified mail), and when I got home today I had a certified mail slip for two more boxes!!! YEA!!!!!!!

According to others who have won mail in prizes, the boxes mean Mickey ears!!

And this was only the first month!!

bluefaery

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm not sure where it fits!

But anyway, I've been faithfully entering the YOAMD every day by mail. 4 times a day actually, one for each member of the family. Friday the prizes from October started arriving!! I won two lanyards on Friday (which I had to wait until today to pick up at the post office - certified mail), and when I got home today I had a certified mail slip for two more boxes!!! YEA!!!!!!!

According to others who have won mail in prizes, the boxes mean Mickey ears!!

And this was only the first month!!

where do u go to enter?

disney1077

Wow that's great! Congrats! I have sent a few post cards in the mail too but have not gotten anything yet! I hope when I go in July that I get a tap on my shoulder.

darthjohnny

In the official rules, it claims that a mail-in entry can win the "equivalent" of a Dream Fast Pass.

Does this mean you can win a voucher for a fast pass, so when you come to the park, you can go to Guest Services and trade it in for an actual Dream Fast Pass valid for that day? :veryconfu

Glasgow

This might help : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/yomd/YOMDLanding?id=YOMDLandingPage

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

There are 2 ways to enter:

You will automatically be entered into the Giveaway (subject to meeting the eligibility requirements set forth above) and have a chance to be randomly selected to win a prize in the Giveaway by being present during the Giveaway Period in: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, or the Downtown Disney® area near Orlando, Florida (collectively, the "Florida Disney Properties"); or Disney's California Adventure® Park, Disneyland® Park or the Downtown Disney® area in Anaheim, California (collectively, "California Disney Properties"). Each of the Florida Disney Properties and each of the California Disney Properties are individually referred to herein as a "Disney Property" and collectively referred to herein as the "Disney Properties." Sponsor anticipates that potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Cinderella's Castle Suite) are likely to be awarded early in the day to help ensure that a winner will be able to claim the prize and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours.

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thank you everyone!! I have been entering by mail, not online. I don't think you can enter online but I haven't tried the link above.:)

The way I understand it, if you are chosen to win a fastpass or something else that only works in the park that day (i.e. a night in the castle) you will receive a prize of equal value.

I guess legally the mail in entries have to have an equal chance with the people present to win! So I'm a winner 4 times this month!!

Good luck disney1077!:sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Okay, I followed the link above and that is actually a different sweepstakes. It's called the Magic of Dreams. It is definitely related to the one I've been entering which is the Year of a Million Dreams sweepstakes which you can enter daily and win prizes daily. The Magic of Dreams runs from Jan 1 to March 31 and there is only one grand prize.

But I just entered that one too! Thanks Disney1077!:wave:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Cool...would be neat to get the lanyard fastpasses via mail before upcoming trip!!! I only entered online in the fall....wonder if any online enteries have begun recieving prizes yet...will be watching my mailcarrier with renewed interest....:D If you wish upon a star..............

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks Tinkswings! I just entered that one too! By the way to have a chance to win the lanyard you need to enter by mail (or win it in the parks). The online entries only go into a drawing for ONE prize. Not prizes every day!:)

Rob562

Thank you everyone!! I have been entering by mail, not online. I don't think you can enter online but I haven't tried the link above.:)

The way I understand it, if you are chosen to win a fastpass or something else that only works in the park that day (i.e. a night in the castle) you will receive a prize of equal value.

I guess legally the mail in entries have to have an equal chance with the people present to win! So I'm a winner 4 times this month!!

Good luck disney1077!:sohappy:

I've been entering *almost* every day that there's mail service since October 1st. (I've missed a few Saturdays) Just got a card in the mail today saying they tried to deliver a parcel certified mail. (Assuming it's Mickey ears) I'll have to pick it up on my way to work tomorrow.

For the timing, the rules say "On approximately the 20th day of each month...an independent judging organization...will conduct random drawings...to award the prize(s) for each of the days of the immediately preceding month for which mail-in entrants were to be awarded a prize(s)."
And then:
"Potential winners from the mail-in entry pool will be notified by mail or telephone (at Sponsor's sole discretion) within approximately fifty five (55) days after each monthly drawing."

So, with the October drawings happening on November 20th, 55 days from then would be this coming Sunday.

As for substitute prizes, here's what the rules say about that:
"If a prize requiring winner to be present at a Disney Property is designated for award (such as a DREAM FASTPASS badge or the one-night stay at the Cinderella Castle Suite), a winner entering via mail will receive an alternate prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card)."

Hmmm... A Disney Gift Card... Sure wouldn't mind Disney paying for my next Annual Pass... :animwink: I'm guessing the gift basket is for the castle suite, and the ears and lanyard are for the Dream FastPass.

The Approx Retail Value of the castle suite is listed at $587. There's also a number of other random day-of prizes available that have an ARV of $100-$500...

-Rob

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I didn't think about the ears and lanyard being a substitute for the fastpasses. That would explain why there's so many ears and lanyards out there!! Every Disney message board I check has mail in winners and all of them got lanyards or mouse ears. Nothing else so far!

Of course no one would be winning the castle rooms yet because they didn't start giving those away until this month. So we wouldn't see equivalents for those until the beginning of April!!:brick:

I too would LOVE a gift card!!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Will start hitting the snail mail then....too late for this trip but may help secure another adventure to the parks NEXT year......Do the Lanyard Fast Passes have an expiration date?!!! THANKS!:D Of course I can wear the mousears around the home as I write out MORE enteries.....

Do you guys use postcards on envelopes in your mail enteries?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom